Question about 'Yallah' lyrics

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me with a question about the lyrics to the Page & Plant 'Yallah' track please?

I absolutely love this brilliant track. Perhaps being quite stark and with the percussion loop it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for me they could have done a whole album like this. I like to sing this to myself when I'm out and about so it's one of the few tracks (by any band) that I know the lyrics to. However as much as I have tried googling it I've never been able to find out what 'Oomrah fruit' (or possibly Umrah fruit (as in Mecca) are. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thanks for your time!

vince.

The Umrah or is a pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, performed by Muslims that can be undertaken at any time of the year. In Arabic, Umrah means "to visit a populated place". As a technical term used in theSharia, Umrah means to perform Tawaf round the Kaaba and Sa'i between Al-Safa and Al-Marwah, after assuming Ihram (a sacred state), either from a Miqat like Zu 'l-Hulafa, Juhfa, Qarnu 'l-Manāzil, Yalamlam, Zāt-i-'Irq, Ibrahīm Mursīa, or a place in Hill. It is sometimes called the 'minor pilgrimage' or 'lesser pilgrimage', the Hajj being the 'major' pilgrimage and which is compulsory for every able-bodied Muslim who can afford it. The Umrah is not compulsory but highly recommended.

Umrah fruit shall mean something like "pilgrim fruit"

• 7 years later...

I have a few arab friends (Iraq, Iran, Saudi) but none of them have been able to decipher the start of this song. Can someone please post the PROPER lyric lines (not the garbage gibberish that most of the "lyrics" sites have) so I can understand what is being said? The only thing we can make out is "shokhran" (Thank you) as a second-last word in it... Please help.