ROBERT PLANT SAYS AVOIDING LED ZEPPELIN REUNION KEY TO HIS RECENT SUCCESS

Well, I have tried to not participate in this thread...but I am sick and tired of certain people who seem to want to bash Robert...enough already. If you do not like his musical direction you certainly have the right not to listen to his new music. There a few on this thread that have stated their point of view about there dislike of Robert over and over and over. :wall:

Whether you agree with me on this or not...musically by his staying active he has kept the Led Zeppelin name out there and at almost every interview he has done the name Led Zeppelin is mentioned. I fell in love with his voice when I was 9 years old and haven't stopped loving that sound to this day. I am just so grateful he is alive and happy...and enjoying his life.

No I would not want to see the Band of Joy doing a watered down version of a Zep song any more than I would want to hear Pat Boone doing Tuti Fruit or Black Sabbath songs. The problems that I and others have with Robert is that 1) he is holding the rest of his friends back from doing what they want to do, and 2) by redoing Led Zeppelin material in a less than Zep fashion he is not being very creative. It seems weird that he would not want to do a Led Zeppelin reunion without new material, but with the BOJ he keeps on with the same old material. If I were Page and the rest I would feel somewhat insulted by that, wouldn't you?

How is a statement like that not disrespectful? I would prefer to keep this discussion in a positive tone without any personal rancor.

Have 100% verifiable information that Plant will never do a reunion? If he is a man who does what he wants, who knows what may happen in the future. For all we know this could just be a publicity stunt to raise keep a "buzz" going about a possible reunion.

Not to mention, money talks.

Keep the "buzz" going for publicity??? HAHAHAH!!! Do you know anything about the members of Led Zeppelin or what they stand for?? Really. If it's all about money they would be touring right now. Sorry if you think wah,wah,wah is disrespectful-but at least I had enough courtesy to apologize ahead of time if you were to take it personal - but honestly-that's what it sounds like (probably to a crap load of others too) Im just the first to tell you.

When it comes to this subject and re-wording the same complaint over and over and over again- you come off as sounding pretty selfish. Writting about your disappointment continuously isn't going to change what RP does- so just do yourself a favor and don't listen to his new music or go to his concerts - until that faithful day when he reunties with Page or Zeppelin and satisfies your ever-loving wishes.

Well, I have tried to not participate in this thread...but I am sick and tired of certain people who seem to want to bash Robert...enough already. If you do not like his musical direction you certainly have the right not to listen to his new music. There a few on this thread that have stated their point of view about there dislike of Robert over and over and over. :wall:

Whether you agree with me on this or not...musically by his staying active he has kept the Led Zeppelin name out there and at almost every interview he has done the name Led Zeppelin is mentioned. I fell in love with his voice when I was 9 years old and haven't stopped loving that sound to this day. I am just so grateful he is alive and happy...and enjoying his life.

Amen girl!

Archived