CLINT EASTWOOD is THE MAN!

Strider

It's very sad that the media in this country is so closed minded and treats people so poorly with the courage to challenge the politically correct agenda imposed on them by the media itself. It doesn't matter if your Clint Eastwood, George Bush or Ted Nugent. Those who don't fall in line are treated with less than human dignity and those who obey are never held accountable for anything. Very sad indeed.

It's very sad that the media in this country is so closed minded and treats people so poorly with the courage to challenge the politically correct agenda imposed on them by the media itself. It doesn't matter if your Clint Eastwood, George Bush or Ted Nugent. Those who don't fall in line are treated with less than human dignity and those who obey are never held accountable for anything. Very sad indeed.

I think Clint took the tingle out of Chris Matthews' leg. :^)

This is only my opinion and I WILL NOT argue politics. But I watched the RNC and I am watching the DNC right now.

I think they should put both candidates together like this. Can you imagine, if they thought they weren't being filmed we might hear the REAL truth!! Nobody, not even Clint can compare to either of these men IMHO:-)

Edited by Deborah J

This is only my opinion and I WILL NOT argue politics. But I watched the RNC and I am watching the DNC right now.

I think they should put both candidates together like this. Can you imagine, if they thought they weren't being filmed we might hear the REAL truth!! Nobody, not even Clint can compare to either of these men IMHO:-)

Awesome scene, awesome movie.

Maybe impromptu speaking isn't Clint's forte, but I still prefered his speech to the stiff, rehearesed, self- cogratulatory crap that all the other speakers at these conventions give. I hope to have half the wit and professionalism as Clint when I'm 82!

I'll just settle for being alive when I'm 82. :lol:

The real kicker is that the RNC thinks an 81-year old, senile actor interviewing an empty chair is their link to pop culture! Man, if Andy Griffith had still been alive, they might've trotted him out to try to convince everyone that electing Mitt would return everyone to Mayberry! Probably would've come off better than Clint did, at least.

:hysterical:

Don't get me wrong, I think Clint Eastwood is a master of his many crafts, but that whole chair thing was just an extremely stupid move. I'll feel so sorry for all of you in the US if Mitt wins. And I agree the Andy Griffith idea sounds like it would be the only thing funnier than what actually happened.

One of the great things about living on the West Coast is that the football games start early so you can still do stuff at night.

"Outlaw Josey Wales" is being shown tonight at the American Cinematheque in all its wide-screen glory. The Dallas @ NY Giants game starts at 5:30pm. The movie starts at 7:30pm.

There's a sports bar and grill across the street from the theatre, so I should be able to watch most of the game before heading to the theatre. At least until the middle of the third quarter or so, by which time, the Giants should have things well in hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF8ETyOcDCE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Come on! Nobody has picked any of his great Sergio Leone Westerns..."Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly"? :o

Here's my Top 5 Clint Eastwood movies:

1. "The Good, the Bad & the Ugly"

2. "Outlaw Josey Wales"

3. "Dirty Harry"

4. "For a Few Dollars More"

5. "In the Line of Fire"

Fletcher: I think I'll go down to Mexico to try to find him.

Josey Wales: And then?

Fletcher: He's got the first move. I owe him that. I think I'll try to tell him the war is over. What do you say, Mr. Wilson?

Josey Wales: I reckon so. I guess we all died a little in that damn war.

post-841-0-72499800-1347202190_thumb.jpg

I like them all but Unforgiven is my favourite

I like the movie but am not agreeing it was more deserving of him getting an Oscar than many others. He was due one and they basically gave it to him as a consolation prize then. Not his best movie. No way. But he never really made a bad movie. Maybe one of the Orangutang ones? He is in my all time top three actors for sure. Along with Pacino and De Niro and maybe McQueen.