CLINT EASTWOOD is THE MAN!

Strider

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

[Harry Callahan has to explain why he shot a man]

Harry Callahan : Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That's my policy.

The Mayor : Intent? How did you establish that?

Harry Callahan : When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!

[walks out of the room]

The Mayor : He's got a point.

Since when could chairs be president? And wow, Obama sure must have some balls to go to the RNC just to get bitched out by Clint Eastwood.

The real kicker is that the RNC thinks an 81-year old, senile actor interviewing an empty chair is their link to pop culture! Man, if Andy Griffith had still been alive, they might've trotted him out to try to convince everyone that electing Mitt would return everyone to Mayberry! Probably would've come off better than Clint did, at least.

:hysterical:

The real kicker is that the RNC thinks an 81-year old, senile actor interviewing an empty chair is their link to pop culture! Man, if Andy Griffith had still been alive, they might've trotted him out to try to convince everyone that electing Mitt would return everyone to Mayberry! Probably would've come off better than Clint did, at least.

Wow, sure goes against the spirit of this thread. Thought he was The Man. Now he's just some "81-year old, senile actor".

Okey dokey.

Wow, sure goes against the spirit of this thread. Thought he was The Man. Now he's just some "81-year old, senile actor".

Okey dokey.

When you are speaking to a chair with a make believe person in it, that pretty much removes any consideration of being "the man". Unless, of course, you are in The Villages, FL! ;):lol:

Apparently I missed something as all anyone is talking about is Clint's speech at the RNC and worrying about the state of his mental health. I didn't see it so I cannot comment until I watch it on YouTube or somewhere, but if what I've heard so far is true, it is troubling. Added to the fact that he allowed his new wife and daughters to do a stupid "reality show" and I'm worried Clint might be losing his grip.

:hysterical:

Not every party can book an artistic giant, not to mention a political heavyweight, such as Eva Longoria.

Not every party can book an artistic giant, not to mention a political heavyweight, such as Eva Longoria.

The point remains that the GOP has spent a lot of time saying they don't care what "Hollywood Types" think, "real Americans" believe in the Republican message. Then, they trot what they say doesn't matter, the opinion of a "Hollywood Type". Stand by your convictions, GOP. If Hollywood actors' opinions don't matter, then don't try to have one come out and support you with their opinion! Especially when you are trying to distance yourself from the stereotype of an aging, white political base - and then bring out an 81-year old guy, interviewing a chair and sounding a bit confused. It's not Reagan at the RNC in '88 after all.....;)

The point remains that the GOP has spent a lot of time saying they don't care what "Hollywood Types" think, "real Americans" believe in the Republican message. Then, they trot what they say doesn't matter, the opinion of a "Hollywood Type". Stand by your convictions, GOP. If Hollywood actors' opinions don't matter, then don't try to have one come out and support you with their opinion! Especially when you are trying to distance yourself from the stereotype of an aging, white political base - and then bring out an 81-year old guy, interviewing a chair and sounding a bit confused. It's not Reagan at the RNC in '88 after all.....;)

Eastwood wasn't there to appease democrats, he's an entertainer who knows his role and was there to give red meat to the Republcans and fire them up. Mission accomplished as his act played big in the hall and in many living rooms. The media's reaction just confirms that he drew blood in my opinion.

Again, my point being when a group says that "Hollywood Types" opinions mean nothing compared to "real Americans" opinions, then why trot this great American actor (who has obviously seen better days) to promote your agenda? I know what you are talking about, but again it speaks to the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude that is given in a hypocritical action such as this. I really hope it doesn't go down as one of greatest follies in modern day politics, for Clint's sake. Oh well, back to the NFL, MLB and Beautiful Women threads! :lol:

If it had been some old liberal fart like Ed Asner doing the same premise, it would have been lauded and slobbered over as "edgy" and "brilliant".

Oh, he didn't have a perfect flow and paused and had a lot of "ah"s and "uh"s.

More impressive that at 82 he still had the balls to ad lib rather than rely on the teleprompter.

And to blow it off as "talking to a chair" is being disingenuous.

Anyone that doesn't understand the "empty chair" premise or what it references is a lot dimmer than Clint at 82.

It's an apt and deserved reference.

How pathetic is it that candidate Romney visited Louisiana before Obama did?

Romney had to finish at the RNC, but O had no such obligations.

Unless you count the 7 fundraisers he attended before squeezing in a visit to the damaged area.

I seem to recall another President getting hammered pretty hard for not responding to hurricane victims quickly.