Black sabbath Reunion 2012

reswati

With no Ward, its not much of a reunion......its more of a shame. Bill Ward is soul, swing and the groove of the founders of heavy metal.....his style is one of the most important things that set Sabbath apart from the countless bands that followed in their footsteps.

With no Ward, its not much of a reunion......its more of a shame. Bill Ward is soul, swing and the groove of the founders of heavy metal.....his style is one of the most important things that set Sabbath apart from the countless bands that followed in their footsteps.

Totally agreed, check out his drumming on this version of 'Fairies Wear Boots'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuI8d57N9I

Totally agreed, check out his drumming on this version of 'Fairies Wear Boots' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuI8d57N9I

i agree ... But Bill backed out ... yet again..

If he wasn't happy with his contract offer, he never should have appeared at the official press conference announcing he was in only to back out.

i agree ... But Bill backed out ... yet again..

If he wasn't happy with his contract offer, he never should have appeared at the official press conference announcing he was in only to back out.

Maybe contracts weren't on the table at that point, who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am still upset that Bill Ward is not involved anymore but glad to have new music coming from the other three.

Black Sabbath Finish Recording Reunion Album

www.hennemusic.com

Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler is sharing an update on the band's new album, which is set for release later this year.

“We're finished recording it," Geezer tells That Metal Show's Eddie Trunk. "Tony [iommi]'s back in England putting down a couple of solos. Then we start mixing it in February, and it'll be out in June."

"The provisional title is '13', unless we can come up with something more constructive."

For the new project, Geezer continues his long-established role as principal lyricist for the band.

"I've written most of the lyrics," he explains. "Ozzy [Osbourne] comes out with the titles and then gives me an inspiration to write the lyrics, I think we've got 16 songs and I've written 14 sets of lyrics."

I also don't think it's a true reunion without the presence of Bill Ward but from all of the reviews I've read (from fans and critics alike), they seem to be getting along just fine without him, especially as evidenced by this clip of them performing "Paranoid" which was shot back in May.

Shame they did n't play a full "Killing yourself to live" instead of just the intro

Mixed feelings about Bill Ward , rather he was there its no longer the reunion , but still want to hear new material , hopefully live too at some stage

Shame they did n't play a full "Killing yourself to live" instead of just the intro

Mixed feelings about Bill Ward , rather he was there its no longer the reunion , but still want to hear new material , hopefully live too at some stage

That's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, not Killing Yourself To Live.

That's Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, not Killing Yourself To Live.

hands up .. .......your right .......... lack of sleep i'm afraid

Latest updates on new album.

Geezer Butler says Black Sabbath have wrapped up recording sessions for the much anticipated new album.

The bassist told US radio show host Eddie Trunk that the new long player is being mixed this month.

In a new interview which took place at the annual NAMM music products convention in California, he went on to say they’re on schedule to have the album out in June.

Will any of you be buying?

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/black-sabbath-wrap-up-recording/

I saw them at the UK Ozzfest at Milton Keynes Bowl in '98, Birmingham NEC in '99 and again at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2001.

I think I have a bootleg somewhere of that Milton Keynes '98 show. But Bill Ward had a small heart attack after the intial reunion shows in '97 so he was being replaced for a little while by Vinny Appice on that European tour. Bill was back for the 1999 US tour I saw.

I think I have a bootleg somewhere of that Milton Keynes '98 show. But Bill Ward had a small heart attack after the intial reunion shows in '97 so he was being replaced for a little while by Vinny Appice on that European tour. Bill was back for the 1999 US tour I saw.

Oh yeah, that's right. He was still there though. Ozzy invited him onto the stage. And then debagged him.

From Blabbermouth and rollingstone.com

I think this is going to be real interesting with or without Bill Ward.

E Says New BLACK SABBATH Album Sounds Like 'Satanic Blues' - Feb. 10, 2013

Legendary heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH will release its much-anticipated new album, "13", in June via Vertigo/Universal Republicin the U.S. and Vertigo in all other territories. The drum tracks on the group's first LP with Ozzy Osbourne since 1978 were laid down by RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE sticksman Brad Wilk following original drummer Bill Ward's decision to bow out of the reunion.

Osbourne, Tony Iommi (guitar) and Geezer Butler (bass) recorded the album primarily in Los Angeles with producer Rick Rubin. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "God Is Dead", "End Of The Beginning" and "Age Of Reason", the latter two of which stretch out to as long as eight minutes.

"I wanted to make an album that stood alongside their first four albums," Rubin tells RollingStone.com. "The first album wasn't a straightforward heavy metal record. You could hear the jazz influence, so that was the goal, and to capture that live interaction."

Ward in May 2012 announced again that he was declining to join his former bandmates for its scheduled 2012 dates, as well as the recording of the new album, due to a contractual dispute. After SABBATH shot down Rubin's suggestion to replace Ward with Ginger Baker (CREAM) ("I thought, 'Bloody hell?'" Iommi tells the magazine. "I just couldn't see that."), Rick suggested Wilk.

Iommi tells RollingStone.com that Ward's demands came out of the blue. "I didn't know Bill was having these issues when we got together — he never even mentioned it to us," he says. "It was quite confusing. We wanted him involved, but it was just getting too hard." AddsOsbourne: "You can't go, 'Well, I don't like it.' You get off your ass and get your shit together. The life of a bohemian rock star is fucking long over."

Iommi was diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2011, and his treatments forced BLACK SABBATH to cancel all but three tour dates in 2012 after announcing their reunion in November 2011.

"Things are fairly good, dare I say, at the moment," Iommi tellsRollingStone.com. "I'm still here and it's okay. We had to do this album now. Christ, if it happened in another 10 years, I don't know if we'd be around."

Osbourne, who describes the new SABBATH album as "Satanic blues," also spoke about one of the band's new tracks, the provocatively titled"God Is Dead". "It starts off, 'God is dead,'" Osbourne says, "but at the end it says, 'I don't believe that God is dead.'"

Archived