Phobias

Cecil.

Heights and airplanes.

You know I am terrified of heights. Will not be caught on a roof or a building. But I am not afraid to fly in a commercal aircraft. Maybe I am too trusting. But I do not fly that often and the numbers suggest with so many flights constantly coming and going without episode, odds are pretty good my flight will not be the one. It was interesting that Led Zeppelin actuallly said in Going to California, "never let em tell you that they are all the same". I wonder if they had an experience that brought that out or if it was just an opinion?

^^ I wouldn't be caught dead on airplane. I'm too afraid that my flight will be "the one" that goes crashing down somewhere. Being that high off solid ground, I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it. :wacko:

If i can't get there by car, bus or train then I don't need to be there, wherever there is...

My girlfriend(ex) told me just look up and I could overcome My phobia, this really did not work out the way she maybe hoped.

I'd say that really shows you the difference between a "fear" and a phobia, most of the "fears" I'v had have been to some degree rational as there was some risk involved in whatever they were(flying for example) so repeated exposure to that risk gradually dulled them. The blood phobia is very different, seeing realistic bloodletting onscreen/TV isnt something I "fear" or worry about as theres no risk involved but it just sets off a reaction I can't control.

peoples ugly, smelly, un-cut toenails ugggghh!!!

plus mice and polystyrene

When we had an extenstion done to the kitchen a few years ago we had 8 mice in the house! one after another, 2 of the wee horrors even got into my bedroom and lets just say I never slept for weeks listening out for every noise, not to mention the fortune on traps I bought.

• 1 year later...

Felt like bringing this thread back...

I have a completely irrational phobia of mayflies (you know, those flying spider-looking sons of bitches). I can't stay in the same room as one because I think it might land on my face and give me some sort of disease. I can't even kill one because I'm afraid I might miss and it will fly on my hand and touch me.

My family thinks it's hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...

weird, one of our employees just confessed she has a phobia of balloons.. she abandoned her post as soon as she saw kids approaching with them, she acted very strange, never heard of such a phobia. I understand phobias of lizzards, bats, spiders, rats... but balloons? She says she panics at the idea of them exploding.

i have so many phobias i dont know where to start. i am afraid of being beaten up and robbed because it has has happened before. i also am very afraid of loud drunken men who are aggressive. like at ballgames and clubs

Seriously big, grotesque, hairy, long legged, ugly, disgusting, foul, horrible, repulsive, gross tarantulas .... which is a really bad phobia to have considering where I live.

and heights. It's not that i'm scared of heights, but my head literally spins out and I get dizzy.

Seriously big, grotesque, hairy, long legged, ugly, disgusting, foul, horrible, repulsive, gross tarantulas .... which is a really bad phobia to have considering where I live.

and heights. It's not that i'm scared of heights, but my head literally spins out and I get dizzy.

I actually let a tarantula crawl on my hand once and I'm a confirmed arachnophobe. I remember thousands of them in Texas in springtime.

Heights don't bother me too much.

I actually let a tarantula crawl on my hand once and I'm a confirmed arachnophobe.

No way!!!!! ......... OMFG .......... holy shit !!!!!!!! .... you have to be kidding me, No way ....... No effing, friggin, feckin way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

You are a disgrace to the word arachnophobia ...... to us fellow arachnophics !!!!!

I couldn't contemplate that in a million years ..... even with the aid of ten bottles of tequila

Love looking out the window of an airplane at any height!......Getting off/on a ladder on a first or second story roof makes me want to call in a helicopter and take me away in a bucket rather than have to take that first step on/off the ladder.

i have so many phobias i dont know where to start. i am afraid of being beaten up and robbed because it has has happened before. i also am very afraid of loud drunken men who are aggressive. like at ballgames and clubs

I'm not sure something can be considered a phobia when it's based on legitimate fears or concerns. Avoiding loud, aggressive, drunk men sounds like common sense to me.

My biggest phobia is snakes. I know they fill an important role in the ecology but they still creep me out. I think it's because they're so silent; you don't even know they're around until you almost step on one. <<Shudder>>

I'm actually like a situational arachnaphobic. It depends on the size/type of spider. It's funny, I'm actually very fascinated by spiders, but I will NOT touch them.

• 3 months later...

Archived