Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZeppelinRocks2007

Was anyone else hoping they play "Moby Dick"?

I believe the brief drum solo Jason did at the end of "Rock and Roll" was paying homage to John, it's great but I would have preffered Led Zep playing "Moby Dick" for a long drum solo. It is weird how Led Zeppelin left off "Moby Dick" off the setlist, that tune would have been a great chance for Jason to show off his real drumming talent.

Thoughts?

I was expecting him to play Moby Dick, or if not Bonzo's Montreux. But it didn't happen. That would be great if he did, then we could really see how good he is.

Edited by obscured

No.

In the Rolling Stone interview with Zeppelin this month, Bonham talks about how he suggested doing a tribute to his dad during the show, but the others vetoed it.

I believe the brief drum solo Jason did at the end of "Rock and Roll" was paying homage to John, it's great but I would have preffered Led Zep playing "Moby Dick" for a long drum solo.

Thoughts?

I don't understand the question, really!

Moby Dick was Bonzo's, so no Bonzo no song: pretty easy.

They played Stairway (and you'll not probably see it anymore) and you're asking for a drum solo having "only" a two hours set.

So, you don't consider this an awesome concert, right?

... yes, this world is still unbelievable ...