The Queen Extravaganza

Steve Z(oso)

Hey all,

Roger Taylor of Queen is putting together a band to tour N America next year for a show called "The Queen Extravaganza." He's auditioning for members through the website: http://www.queenextravaganza.com/

I entered in the first round on guitar, and got selected for the second round, which will be decided by public votes. I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look and vote for me (if you like it, of course!). Go to the link above, click on "View & Vote" at the top, then check the "Guitar" button for the guitarists. As it's alphabetical, I'm dead last on the page, Steve Zukowsky! Click on my video to view & vote on it. Or, a direct link for my video & vote page is HERE.

And my good friend and a former bandmate, Victor Bender, is also in the running on keyboards, so please vote for him as well HERE, or go to the keyboardists page and click on his video.

And by all means, please help out and spread this around on facebook, twitter, email, and all that, if you can, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for your attention!

Hey all,

Roger Taylor of Queen is putting together a band to tour N America next year for a show called "The Queen Extravaganza." He's auditioning for members through the website: http://www.queenextravaganza.com/

I entered in the first round on guitar, and got selected for the second round, which will be decided by public votes. I'd really appreciate it if you'd take a look and vote for me (if you like it, of course!). Go to the link above, click on "View & Vote" at the top, then check the "Guitar" button for the guitarists. As it's alphabetical, I'm dead last on the page, Steve Zukowsky! Click on my video to view & vote on it. Or, a direct link for my video & vote page is HERE.

And my good friend and a former bandmate, Victor Bender, is also in the running on keyboards, so please vote for him as well HERE, or go to the keyboardists page and click on his video.

And by all means, please help out and spread this around on facebook, twitter, email, and all that, if you can, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks for your attention!

This was already posted in this thread.

Nice job, Steve! Got the Queen memorabilia dressing up the set and everythang! You & Victor were in a Queen tribute band before (or concurrently) with Led Zepagain, right? I haven't watched all of the videos yet (want to see the drummers, too), but you have my vote so far. (Question for you - do you have guys coming up all the time wanting to sit in/join the band, "I'm a great Jones", etc.?)

Nice job, Steve! Got the Queen memorabilia dressing up the set and everythang! You & Victor were in a Queen tribute band before (or concurrently) with Led Zepagain, right? I haven't watched all of the videos yet (want to see the drummers, too), but you have my vote so far. (Question for you - do you have guys coming up all the time wanting to sit in/join the band, "I'm a great Jones", etc.?)

Thanks for the kind comments and the votes!

badgeholder, yes, Victor & I were in a Queen tribute called Sheer Heart Attack, before I was in Led Zepagain. My favorite of the drummers is Zach Mullings, check him out. And yeah, we do get some requests to sit in, and if they're young kids, we bring 'em up on stage to show their stuff! Lots of fun!

I love Queen. There a great band and very innovative. They have countless good songs. They also get a thumbs up for stating many times that Zeppelin was a big influence on them. Example of a great band looking up to another great band for inspiration. And don't forget about the fabulous Flash Gordon soundtrack they did from 1981. Awesome stuff, and very dark for Queen.

1. The Prophet's Song -
  2. Too Much Love Will Kill You
  3. Under Pressure
  4. Barcelona
  5. In My Defence
  6. Don't Stop Me Now
  7. Fat Bottom Girls
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody
  9. Somebody to Love
  10. Seaside Rendezvous
  11. Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
  12. March of the Black Queen
  13. Princes of the Universe
  14. Love Of My Life
  15. We Are the Champions/We Will Rock you
  16. Radio Ga-Ga
  17. Jealousy
  18. Killer Queen
  19. Nevermore
  20. Flash
  21. I Was Born to Love You
  22. Bicycle Race
  23. I Want it All
  24. Mustapha
  25. Gimme the Prize
  26. Liar
  27. Stone Cold Crazy

All great tunes

Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Americans.

Also today, the 24th of November, marks 20th Anniversary of the passing of 2 great musicians,

The incredible Freddie Mercury and Kiss Drummer Eric Carr.

Play some Queen and some 80's era Kiss today

Freddie Mercury had such a wonderful voice. Great post-good song. Sounds like this could have been part of the Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack! Speaking of which....have you ever heard the Flash Gordon soundtrack???

Yes, I know Flash Gordon, but I think it was not really their best work, even the members of the band recognised it.I especially listen to A Night At the Opera, Day at the Races, The Game and Innuendo, actually.

Yes, I know Flash Gordon, but I think it was not really their best work, even the members of the band recognised it.I especially listen to A Night At the Opera, Day at the Races, The Game and Innuendo, actually.

No, it isn't their best work compared with their regular albums, but for a soundtrack it is excellent and has a dark feel to it, which is very appealing and attractive...it has a mystery quality to it.

The voting ends today at 11:59pm PST, so if you haven't already, please take a moment to vote at the links I posted above.

Thanks so much to everyone who has voted & replied, I really appreciate it!

I voted for ya! Good luck Steve!!

Peace.

Just to update you all, I made it to the final audition, which will be on Monday, for Roger Taylor & a panel of judges! I'm so grateful to all of you who took the time to go vote for me, and for the nice comments!! Whether I make it into the band or not, there's some really good talent there, enough to put together a great band, more than capable to do a great show. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all shapes up!

Archived