CHRISTMAS NEEDS TO BACK OFF!

Strider

Seriously.

There was a time when after Halloween was over, it was time to think of turkey and pilgrims and football. The stores would put up their Thanksgiving displays and there would be an autumnal hue to the landscape: browns, oranges, reds and yellows everywhere.

Well, apparently the powers-that-be in Corporate America and Madison Avenue said to hell with waiting for Thanksgiving to be over before shoving Christmas down our throats. Poor Thanksgiving is now getting squeezed on both sides from Halloween and Christmas...it's become an afterthought. An American afterthought at that, for what does the rest of the world care about pilgrims and the Mayflower?

Literally the day after Halloween, the stores couldn't get their Christmas decorations up fast enough. I haven't seen one Thanksgiving display...not one cornucopia, no pilgrims, no indians, no turkeys, no Mayflower. For a country that likes to puff out its chest about family and all that jazz, it does seem odd we would diss Thanksgiving, the most family-centric of holidays.

Just another lost facet of life in this modern life.

You think I'm kidding? Check out these photos I took a week ago coming out of the movies at the Grove shopping center.

It's the same everywhere. Where I live Christmas stuff was already showing up on store shelves before Halloween. People just need to say NO.

Stores will be open again Christmas Day this year and Black Friday is rapidly approaching............what if nobody showed up? End of this problem, fast.

The entire meaning of Christmas has been lost anyway.

You should watch the old 'Becker' episode that we call 'The Angry Head'

Becker hated Christmas.

:lol:

Becker is one of my favourite shows, I used to watch that in the mornings in the late nineties to early 2000s. That Reggie waitress was really beautiful but somehow I never saw the Holiday episode nor I didn't know it existed until your post, thanks for mentioning it. I should mention a couple of Frasier episodes, Christmas-related, are really funny, although I know opinions are polarised with regards to Frasier, while some find it funny some others find it boring.

Becker is one of my favourite shows, I used to watch that in the mornings in the late nineties to early 2000s. That Reggie waitress was really beautiful but somehow I never saw the Holiday episode nor I didn't know it existed until your post, thanks for mentioning it. I should mention a couple of Frasier episodes, Christmas-related, are really funny, although I know opinions are polarised with regards to Frasier, while some find it funny some others find it boring.

Catch the Becker one if you can. It's one of our fave episodes among so many. The New York sarcasm is amazing and very true I'm sure. :^)

I agree. While I enjoy the holiday it is just too early to be pondering it right after Halloween. I know that alot of my friends also feel the same but corporate America wants to make a profit by exposing it as early as possible.

Found this on youtube. I really got a kick out of it. DISCLAIMER>do not click if you are easily offended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWMTF5fLA6o

the store i work in has been playing a few christmas carols for a few weeks now, and they have been stocking christmas lines for ages ( tinned biscuits, decorations etc ). and in the first week of january, you will see easter stuff .....

i'm a non-believer so to me it's even more rediculous.

it's all about the $$$$$, end of story.

I'm really not bothered by it as Halloween is my favorite holiday by far. All those MILFs dressing in leather and lace to walk the streets at night looking for tricks & treats. Throw in a full moon & thick rolling fog and it's still the greatest gift of all! Christmas had never lived up to the hype.

I'm really not bothered by it as Halloween is my favorite holiday by far. All those MILFs dressing in leather and lace to walk the streets at night looking for tricks & treats. Throw in a full moon & thick rolling fog and it's still the greatest gift of all! Christmas had never lived up to the hype.

Presents.

Halloween is near enough because its fun to break into your friends house,masked,with a knife and chase them.

Yeah man, over here in my "neck of the woods" the radio stations jump right into Christmas music in the middle of November. It totally ruins the true holiday spirit and excitment I used to feel. The only thing that cheers me up and gets me back in the spirit is watching (or having it on in the background) The Christmas Story. I like when they play it for 24 hrs. on TBS. I LOVE that movie.

Archived