Songs played at every show since inception

Mudslider

I was curious to know, and maybe this has been asked already, what Led Zeppelin songs were played at every concert after coming out all the way through to Berlin 1980? I read that Kashmir, Stairway, and Rock and Roll are among three. Are their others? I was going to guess Black Dog, Noby's Fault But Mine, Achilles Last Stand, and In the Evening, but wasn't sure. Thanks in advance.

I was curious to know, and maybe this has been asked already, what Led Zeppelin songs were played at every concert after coming out all the way through to Berlin 1980? I read that Kashmir, Stairway, and Rock and Roll are among three. Are their others? I was going to guess Black Dog, Noby's Fault But Mine, Achilles Last Stand, and In the Evening, but wasn't sure. Thanks in advance.

Wouldn't they have to be songs from Led Zeppelin I (or covers) to have been played at every one of their concerts from the first to the last?

The Q is what songs did they play at every concert SINCE they came out. I am certain Kashmir, Stairway and Rock and Roll were played at every show....example: Kashmir was played at each gig from 75' onward.....rock and roll from 71' onward. I may be wrong, but these 3 songs I am pretty certain of. Dazed and Confused was not.

i was looking at setlist fm and was surprised to see that WLL had only been played a few more times than Stairway. Does anyone know when it wasn't played after Stairway came out. Obviously having a head start on it I'd have thought it'd have been played a lot more unless setlist f.m isn't a comprehensive list and misses out a lot of the early shows.

I think these songs would be in the list:

Stairway from 1971 to 1980.

Kashmir from 1975 to 1980.

Achilles Last Stand from 1977 to 1980.

Nobody's Fault But Mine from 1977 to 1980.

In The Evening and Hot Dog in 1979-80.

All My Love in 1980. ( ITTOD was released after the 1979 Knebworth gigs wasn't it?)

I made a comparison between the O2 reunion setlist and the basic setlist of the 1977 North American Tour.

Below is the O2 setlist, I put 1977 next to the songs where there is a match between setlists.

1. Good Times Bad Times

2. Ramble On

3. Black Dog (1977)

4. In My Time Of Dying (1977)

5. Your Life

6. Trampled Under Foot (1977)

7. Nobody's Fault But Mine (1977)

8. No Quarter (1977)

9. Since I've Been Loving You (1977)

10. Dazed and Confused

11. Stairway to Heaven (1977)

12. The Song Remains the Same (1977)

13. Misty Mountain Hop

14. Kashmir (1977)

Encores:

15. Whole Lotta Love (1977)

16. Rock and Roll (1977)

There is a match in 11 of 16 songs.

I made a comparison between the O2 reunion setlist and the basic setlist of the 1977 North American Tour.

Below is the O2 setlist, I put 1977 next to the songs where there is a match between setlists.

1. Good Times Bad Times

2. Ramble On

3. Black Dog (1977)

4. In My Time Of Dying (1977)

5. Your Life

6. Trampled Under Foot (1977)

7. Nobody's Fault But Mine (1977)

8. No Quarter (1977)

9. Since I've Been Loving You (1977)

10. Dazed and Confused

11. Stairway to Heaven (1977)

12. The Song Remains the Same (1977)

13. Misty Mountain Hop

14. Kashmir (1977)

Encores:

15. Whole Lotta Love (1977)

16. Rock and Roll (1977)

There is a match in 11 of 16 songs.

The 1979 setlist had those 11 songs minus In My Time of Dying in the set plus Misty Mountain Hop.

Trampled Underfoot from 1975 on..

Achilles Last Stand from 1977 on

Nobody's Fault But Mine from 1977 on

Trampled Underfoot was not played when I saw them in 1977.

I believe SteveAJones rightly surmised that with the show the following night in Baton Rouge, the encore was left only to Rock and Roll due to time constraints. The staging would have to be dismantled, travel close to 400 miles, and be reassembled and ready in probably 17 to 19 hours from the closing licks of Rock and Roll in Birmingham.

Maybe no song was played every show since inception but I think Communication Breakdown has been played more than any other, most shows ended with it

According to his response above, Mudslider isn't looking for songs played at every show since Led Zeppelin started.

I know Jahfin, I didn't think it was that difficult to understand either.

Kashmir, Stairway, NBFBM, In The Evening, All My Love and Hot Dog all appear to fit the original question. Unless the O2 concert is considered, then it would just be the first 3 songs.

Trampled Underfoot was not played when I saw them in 1977.

I believe SteveAJones rightly surmised that with the show the following night in Baton Rouge, the encore was left only to Rock and Roll due to time constraints. The staging would have to be dismantled, travel close to 400 miles, and be reassembled and ready in probably 17 to 19 hours from the closing licks of Rock and Roll in Birmingham.

Well that's what I get for trusting Wikipedia......

Archived