Nitty Gritty Dirt Band to Tour with Poco, Loggins & Messina

Jahfin

NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND TO BE JOINED BY POCO AND JIM MESSINA FOR PARTY IN THE DIRT TOUR

PARTY IN THE DIRT TOUR to Hit the Road in 2008 with Exclusive Booking Representation by AGENCY FOR PERFORMING ARTS (APA)

Nashville, TN – 2007 marked the historic 40th Anniversary of the Grammy award-winning NITTY GRITTY DIRT BAND, and the fun has only begun! The band that is known world-wide for "Will The Circle Be Unbroken," and their #1 hits "Fishin' In The Dark," and "Baby's Got A Hold On Me," will be taking these hits and some close friends on tour in 2008 to 'Party In The Dirt'. Joining the NGDB, will be POCO and JIM MESSINA.

In 2008, POCO will be sharing a common celebration as the members of NGDB once did, marking their own 40th Anniversary as a band. Today POCO consists of Rusty Young, playing an impressive array of stringed instruments including mandolin, and Paul Cotton with longtime bassist/singer Jack Sundrud, and drummer George Lawrence. Their set consists mostly of material from the 1970s, including hits such as "Crazy Love," and "Heart of the Night." Young and Cotton also throw in a few of their own numbers from the early Epic Records era.

Jim Messina formed POCO after serving as the recording engineer, producer, and eventually bass player for Buffalo Springfield. He played lead guitar and supplied vocals and some songwriting to the band. After recording two albums, Messina met Kenny Loggins, where they united in the duo Loggins and Messina releasing a number of popular albums. After a 29-year spilt, they reconnected and decided to hit the road as a duo again touring nation-wide.

• 3 months later...

I haven't listened that much to any of those bands, but I recently got into the early Poco stuff. I would have loved to see Richie Furay and Jim Messina in their line-up.

I have one album by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band which is really good, so I have to check out more of them. I'd love to see the show too.

I haven't listened that much to any of those bands, but I recently got into the early Poco stuff. I would have loved to see Richie Furay and Jim Messina in their line-up.

I have one album by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band which is really good, so I have to check out more of them. I'd love to see the show too.

When it comes to the pioneers of "country rock" I'd sooner take groups like Poco, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Bird, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Goose Creek Symphony, Pure Prairie League, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, the New Riders of the Purple Sage, etc. over corporate crap like the fucking Eagles. Even the early Eagles records (which I don't mind so much) still don't even come close to holding a candle to artists like Gram Parsons.

It's long overdue to add to my CD collection but the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will the Circle Be Unbroken is a must for any fan of that type of music. It received the remastered treatment on the occasion of it's 30th anniversary back in 2002.

41K10RYKXCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

When it comes to the pioneers of "country rock" I'd sooner take groups like Poco, the Nitty Gritty Dirt Bird, the Flying Burrito Brothers, Goose Creek Symphony, Pure Prairie League, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen, the New Riders of the Purple Sage, etc. over corporate crap like the fucking Eagles. Even the early Eagles records (which I don't mind so much) still don't even come close to holding a candle to artists like Gram Parsons.

It's long overdue to add to my CD collection but the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Will the Circle Be Unbroken is a must for any fan of that type of music. It received the remastered treatment on the occasion of it's 30th anniversary back in 2002.

41K10RYKXCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Can't but agree with you about that. I been trying to get into some of the early Eagles stuff, like Desperado. But it's only a couple of tunes that I like, while there is several of them I can do without.. I think it sounds a bit too slick for my taste.

Archived