Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

Seven days in and copies still available.

There are only 1,110 copies, Signed/Unsigned. It's not like they're being distributed in bulk. I don't see what difference it makes if it's 30 or 110.

Seems to me JP did a good deed signing eighty extra copies.

Why do some people go into these Collect Edition deals to make an investment? Isn't it enough to just be enjoyed?

Isn't this part of the "problem"? :redcard:

I hope Jimmy hasn't signed them all yet, cos at this rate there'll be nobody left who wants one. If so, maybe they'll just ship them randomly to people who ordered unsigned copies.

Now there's a thought...why couldn't they just have done that from the outset?

Because they pressed 1,000 and would have sold about 10.

I meant that instead of creating a two-tier elitist/peasant market, they could've just sold them all at £30, and announced that 30 (or 109) lucky punters would get a signed copy. I might have been tempted by that.

And if they were concerned at losing the extra bucks, they could've just upped the price by £4.95.

This would work a treat in my opinion and would also ensure that all copies from the collection sold. Great idea!

Please add your support to my e-petition at: www.SirJimmyPage.com

I meant that instead of creating a two-tier elitist/peasant market, they could've just sold them all at £30, and announced that 30 (or 109) lucky punters would get a signed copy. I might have been tempted by that.

And if they were concerned at losing the extra bucks, they could've just upped the price by £4.95.

I believe this method would have sold every copy in minutes, but someones ego must have thought 1,000 copies is nothing...

They were right.

i found Jimmy hilarious the other day "I’ve re-released this because I wanted it to be available again.” brilliant!

on a serious note, wheres the new music? i remember chrimbo 2009, i was in LA after watching IMGL with Mr Page at the Hammersmith Odeon, i see a Sky news interview and i got a hard on, 2 years later im limp and dont have £30 to spend on old toons, c'mon man, ill drum for ya! http://www.youtube.com/user/musicman9724?feature=mhee#p/u/27/T7Sho9MYs4k

c'mon man, ill drum for ya! http://www.youtube.c.../27/T7Sho9MYs4k

Nice drum work dude. I like your sound. I used to have a Slingerland set that looked just like that in the late 80's. I still have peices to it. I started getting involved/intersted in branching out and playing other instruments- Next thing ya know - I been singing and playing bass for almost 20 years now. I can still get behind a set and do some damage though. To me- it's like riding a bike. You never forget. Anyway-good luck to you and your band.

Did anybody inquire to Jimmypage.com about this new Deathwish 2 remaster eventually being released on CD or a lossless digital format? I sent them 2 separate emails and never received any response. It seems a bit strange for Jimmy to go through all that effort to remaster a great album like D2 and not also offer it on CD, for all his fans that no longer have a turntable. Even a lossless digital download (Wav, Flac, etc) would be great (with booklet, liner notes downloadable as a PDF, like Rush did with their newest 2 songs, "Caravan", and "BU2B"). I do have the japanese D2 CD from years back, while excellent, could use still a newer proper remaster, especially with the extra track of instrumental version of "Who's To Blame".

Jimmy's not from the era were you everyone's entitled to your musical efforts for free. Athletes and movie stars and just about every profession I can think of don't base their careers around doing their work for free.

Every format of Deathwish 2 I've paid for. It's wacky, ominous and beautiful and I love it.

Jimmy's not from the era were you everyone's entitled to your musical efforts for free.

No, he's not but his statement in at least one interview he did last year indicated he's willing to bend a little as far as making his new music available for download via jimmypage.com. Even then, he didn't say the downloads would be available for free but even still he seems to be willing to make a concession to that end. As I've previously mentioned, it's cool to see him trying to adapt to the forever changing model of selling/obtaining music in 2011 but I would still prefer the option of owning the physical product. The question now is, will he actually follow through? It's been a year since that interview but the only thing that's materialized since then is this limited edition version of the Death Wish II soundtrack on vinyl. Even then, he caught all of his naysayers off guard by unleashing it when they least expected it.

I'm also hoping Page has things brewing beneath the surface,but Jimmy has the added problem of people {fellow musicians, engineers,assorted hangers on,etc} stealing his work and releasing it publicly before he's ready to release it. Look at the 02 rehearsals that were thieved and released.

I'm also hoping Page has things brewing beneath the surface,but Jimmy has the added problem of people {fellow musicians, engineers,assorted hangers on,etc} stealing his work and releasing it publicly before he's ready to release it. Look at the 02 rehearsals that were thieved and released.

Not that I find it excusable but hasn't that sort of thing been going on for a very long time and is not just unique to Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin?

Nice drum work dude. I like your sound. I used to have a Slingerland set that looked just like that in the late 80's. I still have peices to it. I started getting involved/intersted in branching out and playing other instruments- Next thing ya know - I been singing and playing bass for almost 20 years now. I can still get behind a set and do some damage though. To me- it's like riding a bike. You never forget. Anyway-good luck to you and your band.

Is it a Fender Bass by any chance? My curiosity is peaked.

If I'm not mistaken, it was mentioned as part of Jimmy Page's On this Day feature on his website.

I know that the Lucifer's Rising release is (also?) mentioned in the 'News' section of JimmyPage.com.

MrMichaelWinner Michael Winner

i know no-one better as a person and talent than jimmy page

vor 10 Stunden

»

my next door neighbour and marvellous person jimmy page just dropped with personally signed vynil copy of his death wish two score for me.

twitter.com

i know no-one better as a person and talent than jimmy page

vor 10 Stunden

»

my next door neighbour and marvellous person jimmy page just dropped with personally signed vynil copy of his death wish two score for me.

twitter.com

So are there now 110 signed copies? Or did he give him one from cancelled order

Jimmy's not from the era were you everyone's entitled to your musical efforts for free. Athletes and movie stars and just about every profession I can think of don't base their careers around doing their work for free.

Every format of Deathwish 2 I've paid for. It's wacky, ominous and beautiful and I love it.

Totally agree but I do wish there was an option on his site to pay for a downloadable or CD version of DW2. I'm always on the go and my turntable is in mothballs, I'd like to be able to enjoy it on my iPod, in my car, etc.

Totally agree but I do wish there was an option on his site to pay for a downloadable or CD version of DW2. I'm always on the go and my turntable is in mothballs, I'd like to be able to enjoy it on my iPod, in my car, etc.

Lots (though not all) vinyl purchases these days come with a download code card (and sometimes even a CD). This doesn't seem to be the case with this version of Death Wish II though so you'll probably have to wait until someone rips it to MP3 using a USB turntable.

Agree 100%, seems silly for Jimmy to go through all that work remastering DW2 and not also make it available on CD or a payable lossless digital format like wav or flac. I would take mp3, but it's lossy and truly defeats the purpose of remastering. Most people do not have turntables anymore, so what's the point of re-releasing DW2, some of Page's best work ever, on vinyl only? When they did the TSRTS re-issue, they had CD and vinyl formats available. I've been waiting for 20 years for an official Page-remastered DW2 on CD, very disappointing. I can't get enough of Who's To Blame, City Sirens, Jam Sandwich, Carole's Theme, Shadow In The City, Prelude, and the rocking Hypnotizing Ways. Oh well, still have my Japanese import CD which is good, but needs an up-to-date modern remastering job. There's no reason for clicks and pops in the music anymore.

Archived