Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

Death Wish is a great name for Jimmy's web site actually. It is a "dead site" because there are no new pictures, nothing interesting in the shop, no new art work, no nothing!

I am amazed that Jimmy and his "team" haven't made his site a real adventure to go to. Other than the "This Day" feature what is there? No updated material since it opened

last year.

Do we really need the re-masterd versions of albums that were never REALLY that good to begin with? C'mon be honest - DWII? Lucifer Rising? Really? Are you kidding me?

How about releasing ALL the video and music from the Page - Plant Moroccan visit that brought us such great footage and music for the No Quarter project?

How about all the cool summer festival video and music that Page-Plant did?

How about a nice tribute to Michael Lee, P/P's great drummer who sadly has passed?

How about some live Outrider video and music? There was some great stuff on that Tour!

How about some Black Crowes stuff?

How about the Welsh mountain visits?

How about the great version of "Live in Peace" that the Firm did in London?

In other words - How about some fuckin' Magic from Jimmy!!

We as fans should be more realistic about what Jimmy is giving and not giving us. Some folk love his site and some not so much.

Until he formally retires, and let's us know about it, we should not accept all this nostalgia as being "artistic" and productive, It's not.

If Jimmy is still a working artist, we should expect him to produce current, creative, and timely projects. Especially music wise.

There is no reason that a healthy, well respected artist does not create something - and something valid in a reasonable amount of time.

Big Band Sax And Violence. As discussed in earlier posts. But nobody's confirmed it here yet, cos anyone who actually bought the damn thing either forgot they don't have a turntable any more, or else they're hoarding their unplayed copies for ebay.

Either way, re-arranging that song is nothing creative, productive, or pertinent. This is what I mean about fans accepting such mini-projects as something "new" by Jimmy. But desperate times bring such acceptance

because we, the true Jimmy Page fans, are just that - desperate.

Either way, re-arranging that song is nothing creative, productive, or pertinent. This is what I mean about fans accepting such mini-projects as something "new" by Jimmy. But desperate times bring such acceptance

because we are just that - desperate.

Speak for yourself, I'm not "desperate". My world doesn't revolve around Jimmy Page or whether or not he ever releases a new album. Would it be nice? Most certainly but I'm not placing any bets on it. There's a whole other world of music out there.

Speak for yourself, I'm not "desperate". My world doesn't revolve around Jimmy Page or whether or not he ever releases a new album. Would it be nice? Most certainly but I'm not placing any bets on it. There's a whole other world of music out there.

Thanks!

Has anyone seen the film? Not very good IMO. It was crap. Page's soundtrack isn't very good either IMO. ( Although I recognize that it helped him to get back into music after Zep.) I can't see many copies being sold.

I like the Death Wish series and have all 5 movies on DVD. Not saying it's a film masterpiece, but it works as a guilty pleasure, I guess. I also liked the soundtrack. Musically, is it up there with what he did with Led Zeppelin? Obviously, no, but as far as soundtracks go, it was well done.

I think Jimmy Page did a superb job remastering this! I decided to listen to my original DW 2 vinyl soundtrack before listening to the new one. I don't know why I even bothered after I started hearing it on 180 gram vinyl reamastered so well by Jimmy Page.

^ Yes, yes, but what about 'Big Band Sax & Violence'? Is it incorporated in 'Main Title', or is that just the instrumental verison of 'Who's To Blame'?

Are you able to post some approx track timings please, so we can check whether anything's been extended (or contracted)?

It's just the instrumental version of 'Who's To Blame", no "Big Band Sax & Violence". "Main Title" sounds so good that it's very hard to choose (if you had a choice between the two tracks). Please give me a little bit to get the track timings posted.

It's just the instrumental version of 'Who's To Blame", no "Big Band Sax & Violence". "Main Title" sounds so good that it's very hard to choose (if you had a choice between the two tracks). Please give me a little bit to get the track timings posted.

Thank you for letting us know. How does someone RE-ISSUE an album and OMIT a track? Messed up shit. Bonus tracks are great ADDITION but you dont omit a track to put it on.

Archived