Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

It's funny about this album, i do want to get a copy of the reissue but i 'm not so worried if i get one. I have an original one from way back in 1982 when it first came out. That video that was posted a few pages back of the new copy of Death Wish II is very cool and i love seeing the small differences that is printed on the cover (like the JP logo from outrider). Maybe i'll be lucky to find and pick up a copy at the next record convention (though i doubt it) to add to my collection.

The one thing that i always wanted was a copy of Death Wish II on CD to add to the collection. Did they even make a CD version of it way back in 1982 in Canada? I never even thought about looking to see if it came out on CD, then or in the years after as i was happy with the record and CD's were something too new for me at that time. When i finally did look for a copy no one had one or really thought that they ever made a CD copy of it. Funny how things have changed. In the end i burned myself a copy of Death Wish II and copied the art work as well. It looks almost real.

I do have a question though, did they ever release the soundtrack for DeasthWish III anywhere in the world either on CD or tape or an album since it is Jimmy's music also. Yes i know it's basicly the same music as Death Wish II with some new stuff from other people added in.

Thanks for any info you could give. :peace:

post-11434-0-19517000-1330156439.jpg

It's funny about this album, i do want to get a copy of the reissue but i 'm not so worried if i get one. I have an original one from way back in 1982 when it first came out. That video that was posted a few pages back of the new copy of Death Wish II is very cool and i love seeing the small differences that is printed on the cover (like the JP logo from outrider). Maybe i'll be lucky to find and pick up a copy at the next record convention (though i doubt it) to add to my collection.

The one thing that i always wanted was a copy of Death Wish II on CD to add to the collection. Did they even make a CD version of it way back in 1982 in Canada? I never even thought about looking to see if it came out on CD, then or in the years after as i was happy with the record and CD's were something too new for me at that time. When i finally did look for a copy no one had one or really thought that they ever made a CD copy of it. Funny how things have changed. In the end i burned myself a copy of Death Wish II and copied the art work as well. It looks almost real.

I do have a question though, did they ever release the soundtrack for DeasthWish III anywhere in the world either on CD or tape or an album since it is Jimmy's music also. Yes i know it's basicly the same music as Death Wish II with some new stuff from other people added in.

Thanks for any info you could give. :peace:

I did the same thing with my Deathwish II vinyl years ago. Not sure about an official soundtrack release anywhere for Deathwish III.

Missing a song from original pressing.

Well, the youtube clip of "Who's To Blame" outtake is 2:33, but If you listen to it, it's not timed correctly because it starts late, its actually longer than 2:33. When I listened to my record, I clocked it at 2:38. I'm going to say it's the same as the youtube clip...It sounds the same, its definitely the same...edit: I re-clocked the "Main Title" twice right now using different clocks and the first time I got 2:44 and the second I got 2:43, I used online-stopwatch and my wall clock. Sorry about the 2;38. It can get a little more difficult timing the songs when you are listening by ear to vinyl to get an accurate number, but I am pretty confident with 2:43-2:44.

Well, the youtube clip of "Who's To Blame" outtake is 2:33, but If you listen to it, it's not timed correctly because it starts late, its actually longer than 2:33. When I listened to my record, I clocked it at 2:38. I'm going to say it's the same as the youtube clip...It sounds the same, its definitely the same...edit: I re-clocked the "Main Title" twice right now using different clocks and the first time I got 2:44 and the second I got 2:43, I used online-stopwatch and my wall clock. Sorry about the 2;38. It can get a little more difficult timing the songs when you are listening by ear to vinyl to get an accurate number, but I am pretty confident with 2:43-2:44.

, After makiing sure the tracking was properly adjusted on my turntable(it was not before), I timed it also as 2:33. It(the tracking)can make a big difference.

Crowley's talking about Big Band Sax & Violence, which appears to have been omitted entirely from the new version. There was talk at one point I believe (from JP's people) that it had been re-worked or incorporated into 'Main Title', but that is clearly nonsense. BBSAV has simply vanished off the face of the earth, which is totally inexcusable.

It's not as if it's a long album, after all. The original was under 40mins, so they could easily have added Main Title without affecting sound quality. Just idiotic, IMO.

Yeah , Jimmy should have re-released as it was, if time was an issue for quality then add bonus track as a 45. Jimmys own quote " I’ve re-released this because I wanted it to be available again.” But THIS is NOT a true rerelease, I agree, TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE to leave off song and when I contacted Jimmys site they gave me a bullshit (lie) response, saying was re-worked or incorporated into 'Main Title.' Jimmy needs new people around him, time to clean house at Jimmys site. Jimmy also needs to wake the fuck up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived