Heeeeeeeeeeeelp

Zeppelin Led

Continue to give their music a break and then when you least expect it you will return to them and the music will sound as fresh as ever. At least that's been my experience when reaching the point of burnout with any artist. Then again, I tend to favor variety but will go on the occasional binge every so often.

Yeah, even I don't listen to them every day...or even every week...and Led Zeppelin is my favourite band.

In the 80s I went for months and months, sometimes a year or more, without putting on their records.

Actually, there is no band or type of music I listen to EVERY DAY, whether it's the Beatles, Zeppelin, the Clash, Coltrane, Beethoven or Sinatra. For one thing, I'm still out there looking to groove on NEW bands, new sounds...I refuse to remain shackled to the past.

For another, I am not in the same mood or state of mind every day and some music fits certain states of being better than others.

Finally, variety is the spice of life. I couldn't stand listening to the same music all the time, no matter how great. It's like those idiots that send in their Top Ten Lists or Desert Island Lists, and the entire list is made up of metal albums, or country or gangsta rap. Boring.

So take a break Zeppelin Led...I suggest you take it easy on the Clash, too, or you'll burn out on them as well.

Explore other avenues. You like Zeppelin and the Clash? Try listening to these bands: Husker Dü, Jane's Addiction, the Cramps, the Pogues, Buzzcocks, Thin Lizzy, Black Angel, Espers, White Stripes, No Age, Autolux, Wild Flag, Helium, Upsilum Acrux, Masters of Reality, Dream Syndicate, Sonic Youth, Mars Volta, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Grinderman...that's just for starters.

Not saying you'll like every one of the above, but it'll give a break and, who knows, lead you down some roads you've never thought of.

I have had this happen to me. I actually just burned me a cd of just R&B songs. I LOVE to sing so I needed something to "Sing" to while I drive to work. I know, I'm a bit wierd. Zeppelin is hands down my favorite band. Period. But, I do love some other stuff as well. Fleetwood Mac, The Supremes, The Drifters, The Ramones, U2 etc. I guess I have "eclectic" taste. After, I get my fill of non-Zep tunes, I always go back to Zeppelin & they are always there waiting for me.

^

Ah I see I thought I'd never listen to the mighty Zeppelin again.

BTW I know every band you have there besides Wild Flag

Check this out, Wild Flag may very well have the best debut album of the year (right up there with Mount Moriah's):

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell?I think I overplayed Zeppelin I don't listen to them anymore that much and when I do its not really as enjoyable.

What the fuck is this Zeppelin are my favorite what is going on?

it's normal.i have been through those stages too, but it always comes back to me sooner or later. try listening to something else for a while and when you feel that urge to put on lz again, you will get those same feelings all over. no other bands music does that to me. for a while i was listening to alice cooper pretty heavy and had to take a break from him too.

When I went into boot camp in the summer of 86' I was denied my Zeppelin for three months...nothing. When I went on leave and I heard Zeppelin again for what seemed like an eternity I could not believe my ears. It was incredible!!! There were layers, textures, rhythms, and cross-rhythms I never noticed before. It was like their music went from 2D to 3D. This lasted for about a month and then they still sounded good but that one month post boot camp period was heaven.

Ps. Jahfin: Awsome band and funky video, than you so much for turning me on to this music!!! I just bought the album two minutes ago :thumbsup:

Ps. Jahfin: Awsome band and funky video, than you so much for turning me on to this music!!! I just bought the album two minutes ago :thumbsup:

No problem. I kind of discovered them by accident (despite their rather impressive pedigree) when I picked up a copy of their single for a friend on Record Store Day back in April.

Can totally relate to what you are going through Zeppelin Led, because guess what? I am going through the exact same thing.

About a week ago, I was listening to "Since I've Been Loving You" on my ipod. I actually yawned and switched my ipod off halfway through the song! :blush: This sort of thing hasn't happened to me in quite a while and I was a bit relieved when I read this thread because I guess it's pretty natural.

Now, about three days ago, I sort of "discovered" a new band (well, new to my ears atleast) thanks to MTV classic (yes, I watch MTV sometimes if and only if there is something good on! :P). This band is very much mainstream and their single "Rope" sparked my interest initially. Then thanks to the show "The Evolution of", where they showcase the video clips of a particular artist / band, I found myself exposed to "new" music and I went out and bought "Wasting Light" and "The Colour And The Shape". Yes, I am indeed talking about Foo Fighters. I absolutely love them and I am convinced that they will be a fav of mine for years to come ;)

Apart from the Foos and a couple of cool indie bands I discovered through this forum and websites like last.fm, I also scout Youtube for rare 60's Garage Rock singles and Old Skool Blues tunes, to "lay off" Led Zeppelin for a while. I guess it's for the best really, because I love discovering "new" stuff (mainstream or not) ;)

Archived