My new song-Samo Kodela

Matjaz1

I was on a compilation album of slovenians bigest rock festival this year and I played there!

No album of my own yet, I am also not a star in Slovenia if that is what your asking, but how big things are is always primarily determined by a persons character, not by the size of the audience or stage, although if you wear tight jeans, it's good to be big in other ways!

Perhaps it might be worth mentioning that this is not recorded in a proffesional studio and that I have some equipment problems so the vocal sound is a bit weird, so try to imagine the vocals were recoded in th 1930's he, he! I'm not saying you might like it better if it was pro recorded, but someone might!

Here is my proffesionaly recorded song that was on the rock festival's compilation I mentioned earlier! It put it on this forum a few months ago already:

Anyway, since it's a bit ridicioulus trying to achive fame on an internet forum of another band, especially on a Zeppelin forum, the biggest and greatest rock band ever,

I will start my own forum, the place where I played called 'One chair and a blocked toilet' is ready to give me their 15 years old computer and I already have three users of the toilet, the cleaning lady and a dog ready to join the forum!

Now that's popularity!!!! This is my last post before someone else posts something here! I don't want to have the topic erased for overposting!

It's nice I got some comments, but I can't get rid of the feeling(that happens to me quite often, when I socialize with people in Slovenia), that there are not more comments, because people on this forum that listened to my song, realised they don't really understand me! ;)

If people with musical insight would comment your song they might hurt your feelings.

The guitar "solo" in the beginning is a toe curling experience, the singing is off-key (false notes) and lacks decent timing, and more than once the entire feeling sounds like a bunch of drunk people playing different songs at the same time, mashed up in lo-fi quality.

Not the best song to promote yourself with.

If people with musical insight would comment your song they might hurt your feelings.

The guitar "solo" in the beginning is a toe curling experience, the singing is off-key (false notes) and lacks decent timing, and more than once the entire feeling sounds like a bunch of drunk people playing different songs at the same time, mashed up in lo-fi quality.

Not the best song to promote yourself with.

Well I dont' agrre, but nevermind; I won't discuss it, only time will tell if the song will be succsesful and people will find meaning in it!

What about the pro recorded song? The one I played at the biggest slovenian rock festival?

Thank you very much Major Major!!

Well the scales for the solos are right and the intro low vocal part and then the high first verse and the high second verse start on C sharp minor and then move around the chords a bit,

and the chorus is C,G, F, C,G,F,e minor(this second vocal line goes very high and is improvised) C,G,F and again C,G,F so the chorus and the verse certainly go together and the melody fits on the chords so the notes are not false, but they go quite strange ways, but it's my song, I can do what I want, so you can't say the notes are wrong, you just got to get used to them!

Thanks again!

And I'm getting more and more gigs in small but well reputed places, it's got to be good, it's only a bit sad because i'm a late bloomer, as I had some problems, but I still lived a life that's full even up to this point and did it My way!

I love it. I don't have any idea what it means but it sound very much from the heart. You're music reminds a lot of Neil Young.

Thank yoo very much! I guess I didn't know how to take your comment, although I don't mind criticism, I just thought you were a bit influenced by the rather scratchy sound of the vocal, which is there because I have a bit of an equipment problem!

And I wasn't particulary kind to trogdor either, its' rather cool, I like the solo especially, I just responded a bit negatively, cause I thought it was a rather ironic and negative comment from you, so I made a bit of a joke! Sorry!

Thanks again!

Matjaz are you from the Balkans? Nice to find someone from that region, I visited there in the early 2000s, in Ljubljana I remember a certain Ivan Hribar who had been major of the city. I had lots of fun in Belgrade, I attended a jazz concert in Plato. I really wish to return, eat my fair share of burek and meet my friends again.

I really like the music of Djordje Balasevic and I recently discovered Garavi Sokak, I especially enjoy their rendition of Skeledjijo.

Hi!

Yeah I'm form Slovenia! Ivan Hribar was a famous mayor of Ljubljana(capital, it now has 285.220 people) at the beggining of the 20th century! He made suicide in 1941, which in Slovenia is called samomor, which means it's partially made of my name! I'm Samo Kodela! We had a king named Samo at around year 800 and the word samo mostly means 'just', but it can also mean things that are related to self, samozadostnost means self-sufficiency, samostojnost means independency, we are independet from Yugoslavia since 1991! Samozavest means self confidence!

Ofcourse I'm not giving any over importance to my name or myself, it's just a fun fact!

The great Vlado (Vladimir) Kreslin is fantastic yeah! Did you like his version of My way!!?? Here is his most famous song Od višine se zvrti(Dizzy from the highst):

And Balašević from Serbia is fantastic! Here is his song Na pola puta-Half the way there, which is just great and iz has A FANTASTC GUITAR SOLO, EVERYONE FROM THE ZEPPELIN BOARD SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS SOLO, CAUSE WE ALL LOVE SOLOS AND THIS ONE IS JUST TOO MUCH:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jU7CDhfDZs

How about Rblja Corba? I haven't heard much of them but I understand they're contemporaries of Zeppelin, could they have crossed paths at some time? (a question for historians maybe). From Balasevic I liked his albums Devedesete and Dnedvnik Starog Momka (hope I spelled that correctly).

A song that was really popular during my stay, and very energetic the first time I heard it, is this

The song takes me back to my twenties (late twenties at least)

One of my school friends(his father is now a mayor of my small town Ptuj) older half brother always had a Riblja Čorba poster on his closet! It's a well known band!

Their leader Bora Čorba was once (almost??)banned from Slovenia after we went independent as he made insultive and nacionalistic statements!

When were you in Yugoslavia!? This is a very known song, but it's old, it's from 1988!

I reccomend Balašević 's album Pub !! Its fantastic!

We had the general ellections in Slovenia on Sunday and the left wing party Positive Slovenia won, so I'm happy! I hope it gets better, the crisis hit us quite hard!

The guy who won is called Zoran Janković(the comedian Al Yanković also has serbian roots) and his father is from Serbia, mother is Slovenian!

I was in Serbia in 2001, in Slovenia in 97 or 98, I don't remember now. A Slovenian Visa was needed, but issued right away at the airport. There was (is) the tollar and then a green dragon which is the symbol of the city. Very beautiful Historic Downtown, although I only saw Bled in pictures.

Električni Orgazam is old, but bear in mind I listened to that for the first time in 2001, it was new to me. I still listen to a lot of Balasevic. Hope I can return soon, I miss Terazije and Kalemegdan, plus the people are always very hospitable. I also had a great time in Crna Gora. Nice to meet you here, hope to listen to more of your music and really looking forward to reading your posts here.

Thank you for all your kindness! Yeah Belgrade is beautiful and so is Ljubljana, we got euro now, not tolar!

But you should also check my home town Ptuj on the net, it is the oldest town in Slovenia and it is also very, very beautiful!

You can find more of my music if you type 'Samo Kodela' into youtube!

Thanks again, have a nice time! I'm thankful you are looking forward to seeing my posts, the same with me about you, but the thing is, I don't post here that often!

Have a nice time!

Here is me playing and singing one you might know, it's about a lady and a lot of stairs!

Archived