My new song-Samo Kodela

Matjaz1

That was awesome.

There were some delightful cadences in there, and the overall effect was very relaxing. It would be great to have a massage listening to this, instead of that awful New Age bubbling brook stuff they usually play. It brought to mind Dylan's 'Desolation Row', but without the pretentious and wilfully obscure lyrics - althought your lyrics might be pretentious too, because I don't understand them, LOL! Could you maybe post a translation? And have you written out a tablature for this? That would be cool.

Keep up the good work! A tip: next time you're recording, send your wife out shopping. I bet you were totally pissed off when she turned the bath on towards the end?

Thank you very much! I wouldn't compare myself to someone as great as Dylan and I don't find his lyrics pretentious, but mine are also certainly not, this song is about everything that frustrated and saddened me in a certain moment of my life! Very simple lyrics mostly comapred to my other songs!

Thanks for all the nice things you said! How do you like Stairway!?

When did you hear the bath he, he!? It's probably the vent from the heating I have in my home studio!

Thanks again!

I don't have a tab right now or did you mean tub ha, ha!?

Here is me playing and singing one you might know, it's about a lady and a lot of stairs!

It is called "Scareway for heathens" from the album "Girl, you'll be a butcher soon".

A tribute to the Klingon Empire.

Qapla!!!

And now for the classical interlude (on Quaalude)

Performed by John Paul Kodela on keyboards, the first piano concerto Op. 675 by Wolfgang Aaaaarghmadeus von Hakenkreuz.

Notice please the intricate hammering and excellent arpeggios played with just ONE single finger.

This concerto of excellent quality was performed exclusively in a bathtub full of tablature without a cigarette.

Rick Wakeman, eat your heart out !!!!

Well what reswati posted to discredit me, was a bit of a musical joke, I can really play keys a lot better now! But he thinks all the tapes discredit me anyway! So who cares! Also my hair wasn't shampooed for quite a while when I recorded it ha, ha, ha!

Thanks very much again Major major, I know Stairway shouldn't be touched, it's so well recorded by Zep and it's their main epic, but I just felt like I need to express myself, I used to have a version with the solo on youtube, but I replaced it! I might record another one some day!

Yeah I know what tabs are, I was just joking and I don't have them and it would take quite a while to write them down I guess, because I improvised a lot!

Thanks again!

There is mercy in the universe:

Samo has not yet attempted to play bagpipes (and share that mayhem with the world)

As far as the noises that he posts:

If you dare post the death of musicality over and over again, you always will risk getting criticized........especially if you indeed sound like a butchered cat.

There are only 2 options to avoid harsh criticism:

1) Learn to play better, begin with tuning your guitar, and follow lessons

2) Give up and become a real butcher, or a cardinal, or a comedian

Well what reswati posted to discredit me, was a bit of a musical joke

(Nah, the joke was completely yours)

I can really play keys a lot better now!

(Samo plays now keyboards with a hammer)

But he thinks all the tapes discredit me anyway!

(So do most people who comment on your videos, the only ones that have more positive than negative feedback contain NO attempt at music)

(Samo thinks there are TAPES in the internet)

So who cares!

(Your neighbors, they have to listen to this din over and over again)

Also my hair wasn't shampooed for quite a while when I recorded it ha, ha, ha!

(Buy some shampoo as soon as you make money, lol)

I agree with Major about the hair issue completely,

hair are your antennae to connect with the universe, and that also explains for instance why skinheads are so terribly fucked up.

Also you must mind the shampoo that you use, as soon as you get bald spots (beginning at the middle of the head) that's when things can go terribly wrong, but we can transPLANT thanks to technology.

Mostly: smelly hair is really disgusting, especially in the digital age, we are with 3D technology just one step away from SMELLEVISION, and you can not get away with smelly hair AND false notes combined, that's SATANIC .

Shower power to you!

Cheese and love from Holland.

Just to prove that washed hair can do the difference, here is another east block singer who became really popular in the USA.

His song is about making fuck and it is called "Berserker", and here he sings it in a professionally made movie:

Here is is the complete song from professional studio:

Samo, I wondering which other bands you like. Obviously you're a big Zep fan. But have you recorded any other cover versions?

I can see you like delicate ballads. Have you ever thought about doing Deep Purple's 'Child In Time'? You could use your keyboard for that - the organ riff is quite easy. (You don't need to bother with the freak-out instrumental section in the middle, that's rubbish.)

U2 have some nice ballads too - I'd love to hear you have a go at 'Bad'.

Think about it, please?

That is the second time in one day that I agree with Major. Child in time is quite easy to play and fits your voice way much better, in fact I think that your voice is too feminine to sing Zeppelin songs properly.

I also heard your rendition of Queen......try this one instead, this outtake is vocals only (Roger and Freddie), though it might be too high for you to sing:

Go berserker!!!!!

@Major, yes I am not quite good at advanced mini-keyboard like instruments like the one you mentioned,

I never liked synths in the first place....too artsyfartsy:

This is my first take on synth music, done under the influence of.....uhm, recreational vegetables of the Dutch kind.

Forgive me the sound quality, it was recorded in our living room.

Thank for some positive support reswati, it's nice that you are a bit nicer, even if you think it's crap and even if you know my past, the one on the forum and otherwise(life can be terrible)!

Here is my bands performance of Communication breakdown, at the smaller of both stages of the biggest Slovenian rock festival:

And here is my song Čakam(waiting) from a concert in Ptuj and I also included Guns n' roses Patience at the end!

:

"and even if you know my past"

there is a search function on this board that allows one to find all your former topics, including the one with your life story, so that's nonsense, please don't put words into my mouth, that is very impolite, a big insult to my honesty. Since I became a religious man it is forbidden to be dishonest to me.

The notes that you sing on that festival sound like a transvestite version of Robert, but I like the audience.

(It's little hairdo-joke, you sound like Gillan combined Edith Piaf and Yoko Ono not Plant)

Felgercarb:

Intergalactic swear word originating from the original 1978 TV series Battlestar Galactica, a euphemism for crap or bullshit.

What I meant to say is that your back story has nothing to do with your (dis)ability to sing in any way, absolute felgercarb....thanks for agreeing.

Felgercarb is a euphemism for "" in the Colonial vernacular. The appeal of the word "felgercarb" would seem to extend across the lines of culture and species

Archived