My new song-Samo Kodela

Matjaz1

Well it might not. Terry Jacks (via Rod McKuen) did a great job with Seasons In The Sun, which was a loose adaptation of Jacques Brel's Le Moribond.

Of course, some of Brel's unremitting bleakness was lost, and the infidelity of Brel's female protagonist is entirely omitted. But that's probably a good thing, because Seasons is pretty depressing as it is. I know this, because I've strummed & sung it to several people in the past, and it always brought tears to their eyes.

'Major'

was that because you can't play or your singing was bad...( only Kidding) :P

Having just listened to both Versions. Think I quite like the original...

Quite possibly my singing sounds bad. I find Terry's version very moving myself, so my voice often cracks with all the emotion. But my playing's usually fine on that one.

Yes, the original is very poignant. Are you fluent in French, then? I am, but even so, some of Brel's stuff is a bit tricky to understand. He's actually Belgian, so maybe he switches into that weird Walloon dialect.

Only speak English, but his Music has a slightly happier beat which i like as most of what I listen too is for the Music rather than the Lyrics...

If you like Brel's stuff, you might like a Scott Walker comp 'Scott Sings Brel', which collects the various cover versions he did on his early solo albums - he was quite an aficionado. Several of these were also covered later by other artists, eg Bowie (My Death, Amsterdam) and Alex Harvey (Next). Oh, and Neil Bloody Diamond (If You Go Away). Many others too, I expect.

'Major have been listen to a lot of 'Brel' on you-tube, must say a lot of people have covered his songs,and I am enjoying both versions...

Kreslin's song Path to paradise:

She is always in my sight,

But I don't even notice her,

My view is taken by things,

That are glittering.

Maybe even god doesn't know,

Maybe he's just wondering,

Perhaps he is just accidentaly

Sitting there.

Even fools don't look directly

Into the eyes anymore,

Under my feet there are foreign steps.

Maybe nothing exist,

Maybe it's all just a gesture,

And an old empty path,

Hidden by a road!

Chorus:

Path to paradise,

Path to paradise,

Path to paradise,

Path to paradise…..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Except for the screaming cat about 3 minutes in, I found that actually bearable. I'd rate that as 'your' best vocal performance. In other words, not the same ole' Samo. You should scream a little more....it seems to put you at least close to being in tune.

• 4 weeks later...

I just found it on the net! I find her erotic too, great breats! I think its' a painting not an actual person!

Here is an new verison of Mr. Big's To be with you! I threw the old one of the net very quickly, wasn't pleased with the vocals, they were too loud and now I even decided to almost whisper at times, it's certainly nicer for the girls then the screaming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvWv0z7a1Kc

Thanks! It's nice to have more and more friends here, althought I just don't have time to post as much as a few years ago!

My heart hurts sometimes when I think some people on the forum have decided not to like me too much long time ago, because I argued about my music and because I told them that I had mental problems!

My singing was half baked in 2005 when I first entered the forum, my confidence was severly impaired by the psychiatry treatment I went thorugh and I basicaly argued because I lacked confidence and because I wanted to learn more about singing and because I thought it was allright although if I look back, I see that perhaps maybe only every second verse was sung relatively good back in 2005 when I messed everything up!

I didn't really want to force anyone to change opinion, but I could have done it differently

Sorry everbody!

• 2 weeks later...

Me playing a part of Mozart's Rondo all turca, it's basicaly a 'trailer'(hehe) for the whole song which I mostly know (and will post it on may 3rd) but not yet good enough!

Also new links for Ten years gone and Whole lotta love! I had to take the old ones off, beacuse the youtubers complained about naked boobs of lovely young girls in the videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQ9aB49SrU

Thanks Major major! I have a piano professor so I don't think it's bad, but the entire version will first be approved by my professor so your son won't be able to complain, but maybe now he will!

Why may 3rd? It's a month from april 3rd hehe, when I decide I wanted to finish this in a month!

Funny stuff reswati!

Archived