Titus Andronicus tweets about Led Zeppelin

Driver8

The band Titus Andronicus have been busy tweeting about Led Zeppelin, this is what they submitted 9 hours ago:

"Maybe I understated it earlier - IMHO, Led Zepplin is the shittiest band of all time - certainly did more to ruin rock and roll than anyone."

https://twitter.com/titus_ndronicus

Had to google who these fellows are, since actually I hadn't heard of them, turns out they're a band from New Jersey formed in 2005. Obnoxious comments..

In March, Rolling Stone named Titus Andronicus the one of the seven best new bands of 2010, but like Jack White said : I don't trust anyone who doesn't like Led Zeppelin."

This kind of negative comment against one of the most time tested, adored, best selling and influential bands of all time may have been the cool thing to do back in the punk movement, but we saw how long that lasted, didn't we? I don't see the Ramones or Sex Pistols having world wide lottery for concert tickets nearly 30 yrs later, though they were fun while they lasted. I certainly know for a fact T & A will bring something else to my mind rather than these boys from New Jersey who tend to lean on William Shakespeare for their inspiration. Good for them, but lets remember William spent most his life Dazed and Confused.

I saw them during the Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh this past September and while I wasn't crazy about their ballads, I loved their more rockin' tunes which were very reminiscent of the no holds barred approach of bands like the Replacements. As for what they think about other bands, Led Zeppelin included, that doesn't really bother me. I have friends, relatives and siblings that don't particularly care for them either. That's just the way the world goes 'round.

I saw them during the Hopscotch Music Festival in Raleigh this past September and while I wasn't crazy about their ballads, I loved their more rockin' tunes which were very reminiscent of the no holds barred approach of bands like the Replacements. As for what they think about other bands, Led Zeppelin included, that doesn't really bother me. I have friends, relatives and siblings that don't particularly care for them either. That's just the way the world goes 'round.

I understand what you say Jahfin, but there´s a difference between friends and relatives and Titus Andronicus. This is a public figure, and the least they can do is respect their elders.

A couple of ideas:

These people are, maybe, just staging a publicity coup. I´m remotely interested in a band called ¨Titus Andronicus¨ nor I find their music appealing, but here I am discussing them because of the Zeppelin comment. If this what they´re aiming for, they´re succeeding.

They are, albeit implicity, putting them on a par with Led Zeppelin. By saying ¨they are the worst¨ they are implying that they are better, they are leveling the playing field when in fact Titus and Zeppelin are not in the same arena, not in terms of the length of their careers, their commercial succes nor the influence they´ve had on countless other bands.

But by tweeting this to the world and gaining coverage they are sending that implicit message.

Like countless other artists who have made derogatory comments, years down the road Titus Andronicus will be interviewed by the press, saying that in this incident he was misinterpreted and taken out of context. We’ll see.

I looked up their Twitter page:

"Hey, nobody tweet at me unless you are a full devoted Titus fan and will take lots of shit from me. I can't handle that, you randoms."

I don't tweet..........no worries here.

I don't tweet either. My life isn't that exciting for the world to know my business. At every second.

Titus Andronicus had the best album of 2010.

I don't know what the best album of 2010 was but my favorite was Libraries by the Love Language. I still need to pick up some stuff by Titus Andronicus as I was definitely floored by their live show.

I don't tweet either. My life isn't that exciting for the world to know my business. At every second.

That's good to hear. Refreshing actually. I'm not anti-technology at all but Twitter and Face Book both are my personal seventh levels of hell.

Best album for 2010? I can show you twenty five polls who names 25 bands as having the best album .....bottom line is these guys disrepescted Led Zeppelin. I'm not taking that and have summoned the spirit of Peter Grant to handle it. There. The Karma is set.

I agree with what Driver8 said on the previous page. A public figure like this, someone in a working band with a reputation shouldn't be slamming fellow musicians, regardless of the era.

It could be Zeppelin or anybody else really. Show respect and if you can't do that then lose the Twitter account, shut the hell up and just play your own music.

Archived