The New Orleans Thread

Rock Historian

Robert Plant with Lil' Band O' Gold

at Tipitina's in New Orleans to perform a Fats Domino number.

It Keeps Rainin' :::: Robert Plant & The Lil' Band O' Gold.

I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^^^ Deb - There can be no end to these post. Did you see the link to the LZ article from 73' ? It's a great write up along with a few pics of JB with Professor Longhair and JP/RP with Ernie K Doe. Check it, if you have time. I'm trying to find some Alice Cooper footage, (from the Warehouse) but haven't had luck yet. Here's a clip from the Biloxi show at the Beau Rivage (I was there) on the floor about 30ft. from the stage -such a kick ass concert it was.

^^^ Deb - There can be no end to these post. Did you see the link to the LZ article from 73' ? It's a great write up along with a few pics of JB with Professor Longhair and JP/RP with Ernie K Doe. Check it, if you have time.

Yeah You Right!!! :-)

There is a quick glimpse of Alice Cooper at the Warehouse in the video below. I am also looking for footage to a few more concerts there. God the memories...

The Warehouse - New Orleans - just found this video

This is the BEST of the warehose history/footage yet...so many great bands. The Doors, Rush, Wishbone Ash, Sly Stone, Alice Cooper, Allman Bros, Frampton...etc, etc. What a time to live in-I was definitely born a little late! Thanks again for the treasures!

^^ I know, bell bottom jeans, I was only 10 when I saw the Who and guys that you didn't even know would put you on their shoulders if you were small so you could see, it truly was like a family. No fights, just absolute fun and we partied all night and my Mom would let me stay out all night on the weekend shows as I was with people we knew. I remember the train tracks were right by it and we would leave the concerts and jump the train and just go, and friends would pick you up at certain spots and make sure you had a ride home. I still don't know how we survived, but it truly was a different time.

The bands would walk around and talk with us and they were having as much fun as us. It was truly about the music, always has been. It was a magic time to say the least. I would love to find more footage of the bands:-)

I still put Led Zeppelin at the Municiple Auditorium at the top of my list, but this dingy warehouse was the place to be.

Archived