Pets/Animals - what kind and how many do you own

Rock Historian

DSCN0184-1.jpg

I am just beyond grief right now. I lost my darling little (Taylor)Tayman today. He was diagnosed with a heart problem back in September. He would have been 15 this April. This past Saturday he fell to the floor because his blood pressure had gotten so low. The medication he had to take can cause this as fluid was building up on his little lungs and he had to take the medication to keep the fluid out but the side effects.

I have held him for the last 5 days and was able to say all the things I wanted to say to him. I was so blessed to have this magnificent little creature in my life. All he ever did was love me unconditional. We humans could learn from animals.

I am so destroyed inside right now. Who is going to greet me when I come home or go hiking with me or bark at the deer or bring my headphones to me so he could have peace and quite from listening to Led Zeppelin and other music loud. I am dying inside the pain is so unbearable. This was my child, my best buddy, best friend, companion.

I am so grateful for having the love that we shared. Oh God this pain is unbearable.

Take time to tell those you love that you love them (family,pets,friends) . The Vet's came to my house so he could leave this world in the comfort of his home and I held this wonderful creature in my arms till he took his last breath. I held him so close to my chest and danced with him to Cat Stevens I Love my Dog and James Taylor Close Your Eyes as he took his last breath.

http://youtu.be/La9gfoqDbyM

God , give me the strength to get through this hurt. Thanks to all of my Led Zeppelin friends for letting me share this.

DSCN0184-1.jpg

I am just beyond grief right now. I lost my darling little (Taylor)Tayman today. He was diagnosed with a heart problem back in September. He would have been 15 this April. This past Saturday he fell to the floor because his blood pressure had gotten so low. The medication he had to take can cause this as fluid was building up on his little lungs and he had to take the medication to keep the fluid out but the side effects.

I have held him for the last 5 days and was able to say all the things I wanted to say to him. I was so blessed to have this magnificent little creature in my life. All he ever did was love me unconditional. We humans could learn from animals.

I am so destroyed inside right now. Who is going to greet me when I come home or go hiking with me or bark at the deer or bring my headphones to me so he could have peace and quite from listening to Led Zeppelin and other music loud. I am dying inside the pain is so unbearable. This was my child, my best buddy, best friend, companion.

I am so grateful for having the love that we shared. Oh God this pain is unbearable.

Take time to tell those you love that you love them (family,pets,friends) . The Vet's came to my house so he could leave this world in the comfort of his home and I held this wonderful creature in my arms till he took his last breath. I held him so close to my chest and danced with him to Cat Stevens I Love my Dog and James Taylor Close Your Eyes as he took his last breath.

God , give me the strength to get through this hurt. Thanks to all of my Led Zeppelin friends for letting me share this.

Very sorry to hear. Condolence's.

Oh, Deborah J, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Taylor. I can tell from your post that you returned the unconditional love you received, Taylor was fortunate to have you in his life. I agree that if we had an ounce of the attitude that dogs have, the world would be a better place. Prayers for each day to be easier for you.

Hello People,

Thank you ebk,redrum,Ddlander,Walter and Stargroves and to those who have reached out to me by PM's and Sean for the calls. I am still so very sad and feel as though a piece of my heart has been taken. I have cried a river of tears and do not regret one of them. The tears are because me and my little Taylor shared so much love. His love for me was unconditional.

I really don't want to bring any of you down so when I am able to be somewhat normal again I will be back.

Thank you again to all of you who have reached out. It really does mean so much.

Your Forum Friend,

Deb

Deborah,

I'm late on this and was checking Ramble On out. Don't venture much lately in that section for no reason. I was so sorry to hear that you lost your beloved Taylor that you loved, cherished and gave so much warmth to for nearly 15 years. My heart goes out to you and I'm sure it's live losing someone in your family as I know the two of you were close and shared a lot together! Be well and hope the healing goes well!

Here's one for you for some comfort! A great version of this one!

Hello People,

Thank you ebk,redrum,Ddlander,Walter and Stargroves and to those who have reached out to me by PM's and Sean for the calls. I am still so very sad and feel as though a piece of my heart has been taken. I have cried a river of tears and do not regret one of them. The tears are because me and my little Taylor shared so much love. His love for me was unconditional.

I really don't want to bring any of you down so when I am able to be somewhat normal again I will be back.

Thank you again to all of you who have reached out. It really does mean so much.

Your Forum Friend,

Deb

Deb, it breaks my heart to know you are hurting so bad. Sending lots of positive thoughts to you. I truly hope you find the inner peace you need. Take care, my friend.

Deb, it breaks my heart to know you are hurting so bad. Sending lots of positive thoughts to you. I truly hope you find the inner peace you need. Take care, my friend.

...Walter, along with you sending her positive thoughts and much strength that fans care for Deborah and her graceful presence here at the Forum; wishing her postive energy;

and I wish all of the fans much strength who have such devotion to Creator's Divine world of animals...they are special people who can form this beautiful relationship...

My two cats, a black male, Diesel who is my baby and a gray female, Greta who is my wife's baby. I also feed birds every day. I have cardinals and blue jays and wrens and a woodpecker coming to my deck suet feeder. The middle of yard I use black oil sunflower seeds. The 6 squirrels that have taken up residency in my Oak tree also eat their share. I use 3 suet feeders and a house seed feeder for the wild bird seed and black oil seeds. I am going to put a hummingbird feeder up this summer and I just bought a bird house to put on a tree. I am a member of the Audobon society also.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

This week I was able to adopt two kittens from a family that had taken them in but had changed their mind.  I was so thrilled to get these two little twin boy kittens as I have not been previously able to bring myself around after the loss of my longtime pet Jasmine my adorable Siamese who was stolen I believe last year.

So I decided to take another chance but these will always stay in the apartment.  No more chances. Any tips on how to raise indoor cats would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

While this bird isn't officially a pet, I found it when it fell off the roof of a building as I was walking past. It almost landed on my head but landed onto my left shoe instead. Then it took a run into a skinny space behind an electricians box unit and cried away. It took some time but I got it out without harming it but in the process it broke it's own tail feathers off. It can't quite fly but it seems to be really close to the age where it can fly. I remembered being taught that if a bird falls out of the nest and isn't strong enough to fly that chances are that it won't survive. I'm going to take it to a vet tomorrow morning and let them handle this critter. I think they eat regurgitated worms and soft bugs. I don't got any of those but later tonight I will give the bird some water in a dish. The whole ordeal really tired the bird out and it doesn't struggle when I pick it up, instead getting comfy in my hand and then quickly falls asleep. It will grab my fingers with it's claws and sit there indefinitely if I let it. I keep this bird in this box with a wadded up plastic bag so it has something soft to nestle itself onto. It was sleeping until a second ago and now I can hear it teetering around inside the box. It isn't crying anymore, it quit crying completely when I made fake bird crying noises back at it. Here's some pictures. Any advice?

bird.pic1.jpg

bird.pic2.jpg

bird.pic3.jpg

bird.pic4.jpg

I went to the convenience store and got this bird a 20 ounce bottle of purified water. I poured the whole bottle in a tupperware bowl and put that in the box. The bird is standing on the lip of the bowl but doesn't seem interested in the water. It could take a bath if it wanted, there's that much room in the bowl. I also noticed the bird went poo on its own leg and doesn't seem to care that there's liquidy yellowish stuff under its foot. The bird has a convenient bath and/or water to drink, for what its worth. As for food its gonna have to go hungry until the animal doctor decides what to do. Bird poop photo not included.

bird_pic5.thumb.jpg.ead3d312d2ce28561a25e793fe737319.jpg

It tried to fly out of the box and seemed like it was about to be able to fly as it hovered for a good 2 seconds but landed in the waterbowl. And then it started screaming when I started closing the lid, I thought its head was caught in the crack of the box as I folded it shut. Not at all, it's just really good at crying.

22 minutes ago, Zepfan2001 said:

I went to the convenience store and got this bird a 20 ounce bottle of purified water. I poured the whole bottle in a tupperware bowl and put that in the box. The bird is standing on the lip of the bowl but doesn't seem interested in the water. It could take a bath if it wanted, there's that much room in the bowl. I also noticed thd bird went poo on its own leg and doesn't seem to care that there's liquidy yellowish stuff under its foot. The bird has a convenient bath and/or water to drink, for what its worth. As for food its gonna have to go hungry until the animal doctor decides what to do.

We have a place here in town called 'Featherhaven.' They help birds all the time. Too bad you weren't close by.

8 minutes ago, redrum said:

We have a place here in town called 'Featherhaven.' They help birds all the time. Too bad you weren't close by.

I don't know where I'm going to take it. Hopefully they won't put it to death when I take it in, it seems like a healthy bird.

Scorpion season is here! I nearly sat on this one when I went out for a smoke break. First one of the year! You usually don't see them during the day but its sunrise so this one is enjoying the cool A.M. air. This scorpion is completely still but don't let that fool you.

IMG_0059.jpg

On 5/30/2018 at 5:26 AM, Zepfan2001 said:

Scorpion season is here! I nearly sat on this one when I went out for a smoke break. First one of the year! You usually don't see them during the day but its sunrise so this one is enjoying the cool A.M. air. This scorpion is completely still but don't let that fool you.

IMG_0059.jpg

God I hate those fuckers. One got in my house six years back and stung me on my big toe. At first I thought I stepped on a carpet tack and about a second later...BAM!!! It felt like I was shot in my big toe with a white hot, rusty bullet. The pain radiated into my foot but did not go beyond mid-foot so I guess I am not allergic. Pain lasted for about eight hours constant and then subsided. However, for about 24 hours I would get these shocks of pain in my big toe.

On a more positive note, we have a 10 year old Golden Doodle, about 70lbs. Sweetest dog I have ever known. Nikki the Wonder Dog. I will be heartbroken when her time comes however if there is a heaven, this dog will have a red carpet to the pearly gates.

On 5/28/2018 at 1:15 AM, Zepfan2001 said:

I don't know where I'm going to take it. Hopefully they won't put it to death when I take it in, it seems like a healthy bird.

Hope he/she makes it.

Took my tabby for a rabies booster yesterday and he howled all the way there and all the way back. He made sounds like I've never heard. 😄

Just now, redrum said:

Hope he/she makes it.

Took my tabby for a rabies booster yesterday and he howled all the way there and all the way back. He made sounds like I've never heard. 😄

Funny thing about that bird... it completely disappeared. Gone. It couldn't fly, it could barely walk. Couldn't have gone far, but it's gone.

Archived