what did you get for christmas? any zep stuff?

slave to zep

Well, I got :

2 Ferry Cruise Tickets To Devonport (Also Known As The Village By The Sea). Will be going on yet another cruise, a couple of days after New Year's Day B)

I didn't get any Led Zeppelin related gifts for Christmas. But I really don't mind because all I wanted for Christmas was an opportunity to spend some quality time with my mom. You see, my mom and I were both University students and student life was a pretty hectic affair (to say the least!) all these months and Christmas time was the one time of the year where she and I could actually get to spend some time together. Well, I am indeed happy to say that I got my wish! We watched Christmas classics like "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol", "Frosty The Snowman", "Charlie Brown's Christmas", "Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer" (the cartoon dating back to 1948), "The Smurfs : A Christmas Carol" and "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". We also watched the musical "Mary Poppins". It was my first time and the last time my mom watched "Mary Poppins" was when she was a little girl! :) All in all, Christmas was a quiet, fun filled day. No drama. No tension. No deadlines to fulfill. No wretched assignments to submit. No exams to prepare for. Honestly, I couldn't be happier! :)

Well, I got :

2 Ferry Cruise Tickets To Devonport (Also Known As The Village By The Sea). Will be going on yet another cruise, a couple of days after New Year's Day B)

I didn't get any Led Zeppelin related gifts for Christmas. But I really don't mind because all I wanted for Christmas was an opportunity to spend some quality time with my mom. You see, my mom and I were both University students and student life was a pretty hectic affair (to say the least!) all these months and Christmas time was the one time of the year where she and I could actually get to spend some time together. Well, I am indeed happy to say that I got my wish! We watched Christmas classics like "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol", "Frosty The Snowman", "Charlie Brown's Christmas", "Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer" (the cartoon dating back to 1948), "The Smurfs : A Christmas Carol" and "How The Grinch Stole Christmas". We also watched the musical "Mary Poppins". It was my first time and the last time my mom watched "Mary Poppins" was when she was a little girl! :) All in all, Christmas was a quiet, fun filled day. No drama. No tension. No deadlines to fulfill. No wretched assignments to submit. No exams to prepare for. Honestly, I couldn't be happier! :)

Happy New Year to you & your Mum 'Kiwi' :toast:

sounds like you 2 had a really fun time. I have just Googled 'Devonport', I hope you will be taking lots of Pics with your phone because it looks a Fantastic place to go... Have Fun... :)

Well....

18" Paiste 2002 medium crash cymbal

Vic Firth T3 Staccato mallets

30 strand snare wires

Pearl H900 Hi Hat Stand

Lots of Hershey Cookies and Creme chocolate! :D

And a trip to Universal Studios in Florida with my family. Couldn't have been happier!

Edited by ledzepfilm

Happy New Year to you & your Mum 'Kiwi' :toast:

sounds like you 2 had a really fun time. I have just Googled 'Devonport', I hope you will be taking lots of Pics with your phone because it looks a Fantastic place to go... Have Fun... :)

Hi Fool! :wave:

Thank you very much! :D And A Very Happy New Year To You, Danny and the rest of your family! :D Thinking about it, it will be little Leo's first New Year's celebration wouldn't it? B)

And yes, I am really looking forward to my trip to Devonport. It is steeped in history, I believe. It has quite a few European and Maori settlements, Antique Shops, a few Victorian Villas and other exciting stuff! I honestly can't wait! My cell phone is (to say the least ;)) pretty geared up! B)

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Well that will be sad for you, but cool for them. I'd love to have had the chance to spend more of my life outside of this Septic Isle.

Your son's very handsome - reminds me of a cross between a young Tom Courtenay and Tony Adams.

Why thank-you 'Major' :blush: ... Glad to say he looks more like me than BD... :)

Being able to Skype Leo he will never be far away, and when I visit it will be for a week at a time, rather than just a few hours...

I am really getting hooked on this Wii system I bought my wife. She uses the workout system and we are now playing tennis, bowling, baseball and golf with it. Fun stuff all this new technology produces. Great graphics. Like the balance one with the penguins eating fish and the running over bridges.

I don't know anything about any balancing penguins malarkey, but I recognise some of the games you mention. Would that be 'Wii Sports', which came free with ours? I tried the tennis a few times, damn near killed me.

I think the only difference is that over here, the baseball is presented as 'rounders'?

Yes but I had to buy the sports as mine came with that Mario Bros. I like the sports. The bowling and tennis are good. The Penguins are on an ice berg. You are the penguin and have to try and eat fish as they jump out of the water. Funny. Its a balance thing and is with the Wii fitness game. The fitness game is fabulous

I am really getting hooked on this Wii system I bought my wife. She uses the workout system and we are now playing tennis, bowling, baseball and golf with it. Fun stuff all this new technology produces. Great graphics. Like the balance one with the penguins eating fish and the running over bridges.

Be prepared to get a "wii" arm....hurts like hell, give it a few days play and you'll know what i'm talking about

Got a belated present from an unexpected source. One of the wholesale dealers that my company does business with brought me an envelope that he forgot to give me earlier but kept saying he had a little something for me. I thanked him and finished out business. I opened it later in the day and found a gift card to Nordstroms for $150. Time to go shopping. That should buy me a little something there. I had got a gift card for there a few years ago for $25. and found I could only buy some underwear with it. :)

• 1 year later...

Can't remember if I got anything Zep-worthy last Christmas but this year, I did get some additions to my collection.

A nice t-shirt.

post-1470-0-16397900-1388105672_thumb.jp

Vienna 1973 vinyl bootleg.

post-1470-0-86724600-1388105737_thumb.jp

James Patrick Page "Session Man" 1979 double vinyl from Led Zeppelin Fan Club, Manchester, England. I've had the cd version for years, but I like having the original vinyl...especially with Jimmy's "She Just Satisfies"/"Keep Moving" single on it.

post-1470-0-93633000-1388106013_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-91446400-1388106053_thumb.jp

Anybody else get Zeppelin presents?

It was a pretty Led Zeppelin oriented Christmas for me this year! I was totally taken aback when I was presented with this beautiful box set :

61agRUdKIjL.jpg

This box set (apart from music by legendary Blues artists like Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Lead Belly, to name a few!!) has an amazing documentary called "Talkin' Led Zeppelin" (which aired on the Documentary Channel back in 2011) which pretty much changed my life! :)

Edited to add: Strider, those are very cool Zep related Christmas gifts there! :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

my son made a mock newspaper headline.

it was made to look like it was in the 70's, and that i had won a competition to have Led Zeppelin play at my school, lol.

he photoshopped me into a few photos with the band, one of which my face is on Loris body, lol.

it says in the article that jimmy " was drawn to my letter because of all the photos i had in it, and he knew they had to get to Australia .... " ha ha.

pretty cool. it's now my desktop pic.

i tried to post it, but it says it is too big ( ? )