John Paul Jones interview with VH1 Radio

Driver8

"Bassist John Paul Jones, who turns 66 in a few weeks, spoke to VH1 Radio about what could've been had John Bonham not died in 1980. JPJ said, "We were optimistic. I knew it would have been interesting. It would've been musically interesting and it would've been nice to see us happy again. We were getting happy again. There were a few dark moments at the end of the '70s`"

- Amy Sciarretto (artistdirect.com)

see: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/john-paul-jones-speaks-about-what-could-have-been-with-led-zeppelin/9832957

"Bassist John Paul Jones, who turns 66 in a few weeks, spoke to VH1 Radio about what could've been had John Bonham not died in 1980. JPJ said, "We were optimistic. I knew it would have been interesting. It would've been musically interesting and it would've been nice to see us happy again. We were getting happy again. There were a few dark moments at the end of the '70s`"

- Amy Sciarretto (artistdirect.com)

see: http://www.artistdir...eppelin/9832957

Thanks for the link, it will be nice if the actual interview is made available on youtube or elsewhere! Amy just gives us a little taste. I wonder if there is any basis for what she said about a new album by TCV? That would be a nice surprise if it were true.

Anyway, here's what Amy Sciarretto said just below the JPJ quote that Driver8 supplied,

JPJ is also in Them Crooked Vultures with Dave Grohl and Josh Homme. They are working on their second album.

She gives no source about where she found out about this so-called new TCV album so unless she heard about it in the JPJ interview, (I'm guessing) it probably doesn't hold much weight--too bad to because that would be a wonderful thing to see them getting back in the studio.

Thanks for the link, it will be nice if the actual interview is made available on youtube or elsewhere! Amy just gives us a little taste. I wonder if there is any basis for what she said about a new album by TCV? That would be a nice surprise if it were true.

I'm still looking for an audio feed of the conversation, still without success, I was hoping someone else might have caught the actual interview on VH1? As for the Crooked Vultures I did omit the part where she mentions the new album, my apologies, although there's been speculation about this projects since quite some time now.

Archived