Led Zeppelin, unlikely to play at Olympic ceremony: Bonham

Driver8

The offer was made by promoter Harvey Goldsmith. He sent letters to Jones, Page, and Plant, proposing them to reunite for Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert.

I thought there was an offer to get back together for another Zep album and tour..and that was turned down by Robert?

The offer was made by promoter Harvey Goldsmith. He sent letters to Jones, Page, and Plant, proposing them to reunite for Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert.

Not so, Ahmet Erteguns family asked them and Robert Plant was in from the start.

Harvey Goldstein was chosen as the promoter.

Sorry...But watching Robert Plant singing country music or any other kind of music doesn't do it for me, in fact I can't watch it..He is, always will be, always has been the frontman of Led Zeppelin...That is what he was meant to do..IMO

That reminds me..I'll pose this question to you...if I can remember it right, I read that Robert turned down the 200m offer to put Zep back together..sooo if back in 1980 Jimmy was also in agreement of disbanding why was the offer made in 07? In any case I believe it's too late cuz Robert doesn't have the chops anymore to do those songs as they were meant to be done. As far as Jimmy's solo work goes...I don't have much knowledge of what he's done other than hearing that he played on one of the black crowes albums and of course the Page/Plant albums in the mid 90's

Judging from this post, your knowledge is seriously lacking and misguided, making any judgments you have on how the band should have "honoured John" or what they should have done post-Bonham flawed and not a little off-base.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Robert and John Paul Jones especially, have not been wasting their talents.

Judging from this post, your knowledge is seriously lacking and misguided, making any judgments you have on how the band should have "honoured John" or what they should have done post-Bonham flawed and not a little off-base.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that Robert and John Paul Jones especially, have not been wasting their talents.

Hear, hear!

it really is a matter of a persons taste isn't it? My consideration of what a waste is obviously is different than yours, that's all..and when I feel the need to pay attention to something I'll do so.

Strider, I could have taken this route too, in setting up the explanation, but chose the more "passive" approach. So, thanks for being my other half here. It's a newbie and a lady too, so I was being polite as should be. On the other hand, coming into a converstion without knowing if the sky is green or blue on this makes it difficult to get through. Some fans will never get over being selfish....this is such a case. Maybe the details Taro answered/gave for the 2007 reunion will make some sense.

it really is a matter of a persons taste isn't it? My consideration of what a waste is obviously is different than yours, that's all..and when I feel the need to pay attention to something I'll do so.

Josie, welcome to the forum. Just as a suggestion, ALL the band members have done a substantial amount of solo work after 1980. (You should listen to it sometime) Whether you like it or not, is your opinion no doubt, (you are %100 correct there) - but it's NOT "wasted talent"...just things you don't prefer to enjoy.

I've given you the best reason(s) for the demise of Led Zeppelin, which happens to be facts. Once you understand the importance of the reason(s), and the band as they originally were -it' will hopefully make sense to you.

I'm having a bit of DeJaVu with this conversation...it's been explained 1,000 times before. (not your fault) - It just seems to be a common complaint/question, that comes from members that don't really have a good background of what Zeppelin (it's members) were all about and what they stood for.

Archived