New Years Parties and Food and Drink

LedZeppfan77

well, 2012 is here, and i'm off to work!

had a nice walk to the waterfront and watched the fireworks, but i was in bed before midnight as i have to start early.

my son watched the sydney fireworks on tv, he said they were great.

happy new year fellow zeppers! xo

Usually my choice is Vodka, or red wine or beer. In the old days Scotch. So tonight will go with something the wife can tolerate. Malibu coconut rum with pineapple juice and will try with a splash of banana nectar. I see they have a banana liquer but I wanted to sample a small bottle but could not find. Having shrimp like most. Lamb chops tomorrow. And I will broil them Major Major. Over and out.

It's midnight in Germany now, so to all the Germans on the board: Glückliche Neue Jahr!!!

Stay away from the cheap champagne.

Shouldn't forget the rest of our European brothers and sisters, so Happy New Year to you all!

One more hour before the UK hits midnight.

To Sam and all of my wonderful friends on the forum, this is for all of you. May 2012 bring you health and happiness. I am so grateful for the friendships I have made here. I treasure all of you. Thanks for sharing the passion of Led Zeppelin and music with me.

John Lennon - Imagine - ♪ Happy New Year 2012 ♪

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awTXKoJttko

For everyone here from all corners of this earth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_0qmIduv3M

Did you stay awake to see your Firework Display. And have you got a Hangover? :coffee:

I seriously couldn't keep my eyes open! But I am glad I didn't Fool because during the fireworks display, some people from the 15th and 6th floor got into a fight and there was A LOT of commotion! :wacko: I could hear some glass breaking while I was trying to sleep! Believe me, it wasn't pretty! :unsure:

Anyway, the good news is that after falling asleep at about 11:30, I awoke at 10:30 this morning with no hangover whatsoever! :D

I seriously couldn't keep my eyes open! But I am glad I didn't Fool because during the fireworks display, some people from the 15th and 6th floor got into a fight and there was A LOT of commotion! :wacko: I could hear some glass breaking while I was trying to sleep! Believe me, it wasn't pretty! :unsure:

Anyway, the good news is that after falling asleep at about 11:30, I awoke at 10:30 this morning with no hangover whatsoever! :D

The joys of being young 'Kiwi' being able to shurg off copious amounts of Alcohol... :thumbsup:

As for a fight that must have been awful, but sadly that is not an uncommon occurance where drinking is concerened... :(

Well it is almost 1am, not a single drop of Alcohol has passed my lips, so i am off to bed now... :)

Beautiful display!!!

Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks 2012 Televised Australia

New Years, Auckland, New Zealand fireworks 2012

Kiwi, glad you didn't have a hangover:-)

Hi Deb! :wave:

Many thanks for putting those two awesome videos up! :thumbsup: Those were beautiful fireworks displays indeed! B)

Wishing you and your family a very happy 2012! Cheers! :toast:

Sydney New Years Eve Fireworks 2012 Televised Australia

hey deb, thanks for posting this, as i missed it due to having to go to bed early.

i think my favourite part is when they turn the bridge into a waterfall around the 10.30 min mark.

i forgot to mention that at my local firework display they played kashmir!

I'm back from my new year's weekend.

Had a great time on the 30th decorating the Paramount float for the Rose parade. When you see that float, I will have glued massive amounts of rice on the underbelly of the Enterprise. Worked on scaffolding about 15 feet up. There were about 7 floats being worked on by many volunteers. The Girl Scouts 100th anniversary float, Natural Balance which has the longest float ever and the dogs were there practicing their surfing for the big day, Kaiser, Dole and a couple of others. It's the shits I have to work tomarrow so I will not be seeing the parade from the living room. I think I am gonna try an internet feed at work until someone makes me shut it down.

I spent new year's eve camping with some other vintage trailer friends. Had some chilie and cornbread. Why is it when you get a few guys together, the talk around the campfire turns to hilarious storys about the chilie monster and bodily functions? Too funny.

We broke out the champagne about 11:30. Wilson Creek Almond champagne. Very good stuff from a local winery.

Some camper a few spaces over had too much to drink, was driving his truck around the grassy areas and when they took his keys away he got very pissed and very loud. He could have hit some of the other campers or kids in the area. Someone ended up calling the police. He got arrested and his truck towed.

I am home now. Exausted but had a great time.

Happy New Year to all. May the new year bring prosperity and happiness to you. Peace.

I'm back from my new year's weekend.

Had a great time on the 30th decorating the Paramount float for the Rose parade. When you see that float, I will have glued massive amounts of rice on the underbelly of the Enterprise. Worked on scaffolding about 15 feet up. There were about 7 floats being worked on by many volunteers. The Girl Scouts 100th anniversary float, Natural Balance which has the longest float ever and the dogs were there practicing their surfing for the big day, Kaiser, Dole and a couple of others. It's the shits I have to work tomarrow so I will not be seeing the parade from the living room. I think I am gonna try an internet feed at work until someone makes me shut it down.

I spent new year's eve camping with some other vintage trailer friends. Had some chilie and cornbread. Why is it when you get a few guys together, the talk around the campfire turns to hilarious storys about the chilie monster and bodily functions? Too funny.

We broke out the champagne about 11:30. Wilson Creek Almond champagne. Very good stuff from a local winery.

Some camper a few spaces over had too much to drink, was driving his truck around the grassy areas and when they took his keys away he got very pissed and very loud. He could have hit some of the other campers or kids in the area. Someone ended up calling the police. He got arrested and his truck towed.

I am home now. Exausted but had a great time.

Happy New Year to all. May the new year bring prosperity and happiness to you. Peace.

That sounds like you had fun...I'll be sure to look for your float. Earlier this morning, when I left the record swap, I got to see the annual car cruise down Colorado Blvd. Hundreds of hot rods and vintage cars from California Car Clubs meet every year and cruise en masse down Colorado in Pasadena. It is an awesome sight, and you see some absolute beauties...Woodies, '32 Fords, '56 Chevy's, MGs, Shelby Cobras, Barracudas and Chargers, Corvettes, Boss 302 Mustangs.

Archived