No newly circulated live shows in 2011

Sticks of Fire

Indeed - but it seems like the next night won't come out until the hoarders and the boot labels make their $$$ off all the other nearby nights - if they sold 3-21 now, then perhaps folks wouldn't buy the other nights. And conversely, if the other nights are selling for $165, then the "long awaiting super amazing world historical" release of 3-21 can be sold for an even higher price.

You are correct.

Same with

2/27 Houston

3/03 Fort Worth

3/12 Long Beach

And another unlisted date from that tour supposedly exists.

Guess what: They aren't worried. Enough people will give in to make it all worth their while, and then the rest of us will (eventually) get it digitally.

If I had the money...I would buy it. I'll wait, though, and maybe be able to pick it up for a cheaper price a few years down the road.

Also: I think you're are forgetting how the recent economic woes have negatively impacted our Japanese bootlegging friends...I'm sure they don't want to raise the prices so, but have to adjust for inflation/be able to cover their own costs! :P

Right...I understand that. The prices of these source tapes are going up, the amount of people who can afford them is going down, and the bootlegers want to make a profit. I get it, but still though.

One person has to buy it...and we all get it. In reality a lot of people are gonna buy it, and probably only one person will be the source for seeding the internet. I appreciate and applaud those who do pony up the cash and intend to post it for the rest of us to enjoy for free.

Vancouver B.C. Canada. March 20th 1975.

Superb soundboard source. 3CDs in a paper sleeve case with slip.

Disc 1 (54:57): Rock And Roll/Sick Again/Over The Hills And Far Away/In My Time Of Dying/The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song/Kashmir

Disc 2 (57:52): No Quarter/Trampled Underfoot/Moby Dick

Disc 3 (73:47): Dazed And Confused/Stairway To Heaven/Whole Lotta Love/Heartbreaker

snow5.jpgsnow6.jpg

snow1.jpgsnow2.jpgsnow3.jpg snow4.jpg

Snowblind (Empress Valley Supreme Disc EVSD 564-566) 3CDs plus Bonus 3CDs

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

19 March 1975

Disc 1 (56:29): Rock And Roll/Sick Again/Over The Hills And Far Away/In My Time Of Dying/The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song/Kashmir

Disc 2 (57:08): No Quarter/Trampled Underfoot/Moby Dick

Disc 3 (69:09): Dazed And Confused/Stairway To Heaven/Whole Lotta Love/Black Dog

20 March 1975

Disc 1 (54:57): Rock And Roll/Sick Again/Over The Hills And Far Away/In My Time Of Dying/The Song Remains The Same/The Rain Song/Kashmir

Disc 2 (57:52): No Quarter/Trampled Underfoot/Moby Dick

Disc 3 (73:47): Dazed And Confused/Stairway To Heaven/Whole Lotta Love/Heartbreaker

What are they up to, ffs?

That's easy...milking it for all it's worth LOL...though I admit as a Canucklehead I like the idea of compiling all three '75 Canadian dates into one set. Strange that they didn't play Toronto, though...

Mind ya, EVSD always does this when they come out with a new show (releasing multiple versions, each one bigger and better than the others). At least they know there's still a market for commercially produced bootlegs, though I agree it's time they put out something -assuming they have it- that has never been heard before (i.e. a date there is no circulating audience recording for; I think the last time they did that was Houston '77 a few years back), instead of soundboards for concerts we've had for years on audience tapes. Nine times outta ten, I end up preferring the damned audience tapes!

^ What, so now it's a 9CD set? Or is this another version? The first 6CD version was limited to 100, not 200.

What are they up to, ffs?

I don't know...I think the website I got that from is just compiled weird - doesn't translate too well. It's also possible the initial email says there's less to create a frenzy. I think the second one is the same as the top one. A 3 cd and a 6 cd. We wont know until someone get's their copy. The going rate for a soundboard is ridiculous, so this price kinda makes sense. I wonder what they paid for the multitracks...

That's good news. Shame it's not the next night...

Its probabley the best show thats been released on SB(bar EC) from 75 so far though so I'd hope the 2nd Seattle show isnt far behind.

What you call a 'hoarder' others call a "rarities collector." If you had the smarts and the equipment to record "your" tape at a Zeppelin show back in say, '73, and you got a recording of a show that nobody else has, it would be hard to think of it as anything other than "yours." You bought the equipment. You bought the ticket. You bought the tapes. You smuggled them all in, and you recorded the show you attended. I can see where someone who did all that feels they have some sort of proprietal connection.

I remember 25+ years ago trading with tapers who had "No Trade" lists; rare dates that they'd only trade for other rare dates-- stuff that at the time was only going around in pretty rarified circles of former Fillmore West and Avalon Ballroom sound techs and their immediate friends. The reason they were so tight with their tapes was so that they *wouldn't* be bootlegged. He was playing me shows we know today like "Dancing Avacado" and "1969 Whiskey A Go-Go" that very few people had heard back in 1984. He an one other of Bill Graham's employees has told me that Mr. Graham made sure there were tapes running for any shows he promoted, so who knows what's still in the vaults? Or who has the tapes?

If someone wants to keep a tape they recorded for there own use I'm fine with that and I can see the issue with employees aswell.

My issue is with people who are using a rare Zep source it get other rare Zep sources for themselves and nobody else, effectively profiting from the recordings in a similar fashion to a bootlegger, worse in some ways since at least a bootlegger can claim there getting the recordings to the general fanbase. They tend to use the idea of "moral outrage" at bootleggers as a smokescreen IMHO when in reality the reason they don't want there sources getting to a wider audience is that it destroys their value, pure selfishness.

My issue is with people who are using a rare Zep source it get other rare Zep sources for themselves and nobody else, effectively profiting from the recordings in a similar fashion to a bootlegger, worse in some ways since at least a bootlegger can claim there getting the recordings to the general fanbase. They tend to use the idea of "moral outrage" at bootleggers as a smokescreen IMHO when in reality the reason they don't want there sources getting to a wider audience is that it destroys their value, pure selfishness.

The closest thing I can think of that comes close to that kind of scenario is the "Freezer's Revenge" debacle that took place a few years back over the NOLA 1973 audience recording. Freezer, the infamous New Orleans taper (and, no, I don't know how to contact him, nor would I give out that information even if I did) supposedly sold his master recording to a bunch of dumb kids for anywhere between two and ten grand...the idea being that they keep the sale to themselves for a year. Which didn't happen; tapes were sabotaged, inferior copies made and then passed along, better copies held back as leverage for other trade deals and/or to be sold to bootleggers (who fucked up the copy they were given)...and the whole business was made fully public once Freezer had somebody share his safety copy of the recording online. It was quite the kerfuffle; I've read the whole discussion that took place at the particular site where the safety was shared more than once and it should be taken as an object lesson as far as the shady side of tape trading and just how low Zeppelin collectors will go.

Having said that, though, I don't think anyone other than a bootlegger would actually pay for uncirculated recordings nowadays, but who knows, maybe PT Barnum was right, and there really is a sucker born every minute...off the top of my head, in the last few years, every previously uncirculated Led Zeppelin audience recording (i.e. Louisville '77, Chicago '75, all alternate or low-gen sources) was distributed for free, with no money changing hands- tapes were found, analog to digital transfers done, copies made, and were distributed online all out of the kindness of collectors' hearts, which goes to show that incidents like the "Freezer's Revenge" are really the exception to the rule. That in itself is almost enough to restore my lost faith in humanity, but I'll only get the rest of that faith back once a recording for at least one of the 'missing seven' '77 shows pops up LOL...pretty sure the ones that exist that are being 'hoarded' aren't being hoarded for financial gain, more the "I have something YOU don't nah-nah-nah!" childish bullshit game...

Thanks a lot Nutrocker! i'm not looking for him for obvious reason's as you may think. I had a Huge collection of Zep Material that i lost in Hurricane Katrina

& I was just wondering if he had suffered the same as i did but since you wouldn't help me locate him no problem.I'm amazed at some of the personalities of the people who are all in here for the joy ZEP the way they act so childish at times!

If I had the cash I would be buying hoarded tapes, and releasing them for the community. Even at $10,000 a tape. Now, until I somehow become a multimillionaire, we'll just have to wait. Bootlegging has almost always been about the money. Sure, there were some people who would want to share for free, that's great. But if someone want's to pay an obscene amount of money for a deteriorating concert recording from 1973, then why not let them?

Most people who have rare tapes are either holding out for something better, or for someone to offer them the right price. Both of those is fine with me. Every tape that is liberated, is one less tape that could be used to procure more rarities. Unless the holder of the tape dies, it is destroyed or lost, it will eventually make it out. As soon as the tape enters the tight circles, or starts doing the limited rounds, it's only a matter of time because someone will let it slip.

If I had the cash I would be buying hoarded tapes, and releasing them for the community. Even at $10,000 a tape. Now, until I somehow become a multimillionaire, we'll just have to wait. Bootlegging has almost always been about the money. Sure, there were some people who would want to share for free, that's great. But if someone want's to pay an obscene amount of money for a deteriorating concert recording from 1973, then why not let them?

Most people who have rare tapes are either holding out for something better, or for someone to offer them the right price. Both of those is fine with me. Every tape that is liberated, is one less tape that could be used to procure more rarities. Unless the holder of the tape dies, it is destroyed or lost, it will eventually make it out. As soon as the tape enters the tight circles, or starts doing the limited rounds, it's only a matter of time because someone will let it slip.

Yeesh, at that price, it would have to be a whopper for me to even consider it.

Apparently the going rate for a soundboard is $10,000. Quite a large amount of money, but, if that's what people pay, that's what the price is. Like I said earlier, knowing the price of soundboards, what were the multis priced at? I would assume more than a soundboard...

Apparently the going rate for a soundboard is $10,000. Quite a large amount of money, but, if that's what people pay, that's what the price is. Like I said earlier, knowing the price of soundboards, what were the multis priced at? I would assume more than a soundboard...

The whole multi situation seems a bit more complicated, though, so that's anyone's guess.

Has to cost more for these or they would have released them:

2/27/75 Houston

3/03/75 Fort Worth

3/12/75 Long Beach

3/21/75 Seattle

Interesting we don't see lowgens of the circulating boards from this era.

I'd guess a sign that the recordings come from a single source who's either sold them en mass to Empress Valley or more likely is selling them off one at a time.

I'd guess a sign that the recordings come from a single source who's either sold them en mass to Empress Valley or more likely is selling them off one at a time.

This seems the likeliest scenario. It's probably an ex-Showco employee.

I'm sure that there isn't just a list of shows that are available to the boot labels to buy, thus the erratic release schedule. The ones they release are probably the ones that come to them, or they contact known tape holders.

As far as a Showco employee, a good possibility. Obviously they needed to have access to the board...there weren't too many people who had that. Unless these are still the tapes that were stolen from Jimmy. I don't exactly know what was stolen.

Archived