No newly circulated live shows in 2011

Sticks of Fire

I'm sure that there isn't just a list of shows that are available to the boot labels to buy, thus the erratic release schedule. The ones they release are probably the ones that come to them, or they contact known tape holders.

As far as a Showco employee, a good possibility. Obviously they needed to have access to the board...there weren't too many people who had that. Unless these are still the tapes that were stolen from Jimmy. I don't exactly know what was stolen.

I actually completely forgot about the stolen tapes bit.

I'm sure that there isn't just a list of shows that are available to the boot labels to buy, thus the erratic release schedule. The ones they release are probably the ones that come to them, or they contact known tape holders.

As far as a Showco employee, a good possibility. Obviously they needed to have access to the board...there weren't too many people who had that. Unless these are still the tapes that were stolen from Jimmy. I don't exactly know what was stolen.

I know of 5 uncirculated Who soundboard recordings that have survived (from '75 & '76) that come from a Showco/Who employee who recorded them on cassette from the house mixing board without The Who's knowledge, so the Zep soundboards from the same era are probably from the same type of deal.

So what is the latest with Freezer's 1977 Baton Rouge recording - did it ever get circulated around? The last I heard was that he sent a copy to the Traders Den mod, but I haven't heard anymore about it since he got banned from that site. Anyone know any more?

maybe with the profits from the Vancouver SBD they can afford to buy the Pontiac or Houston video!

wishful thinking I know.....

Fuck Houston 77. The show sucks, we already have a soundboard, and the video is black and white.

Fuck Houston 77. The show sucks, we already have a soundboard, and the video is black and white.

Houston '77 isnt a bad show by any stretch of the imagination imo. To reiterate Nutorcker, how do you know the video is black and white?

Sounds like SOMEONE has SEEN or has info that all of us 77-fanatics have been waiting for SO I'M with NutRocker & TOM KID; could YOU tell us a LITTLE-MORE about this BLACK & WHITE VIDEO of the Houston Show?

Sounds like SOMEONE has SEEN or has info that all of us 77-fanatics have been waiting for SO I'M with NutRocker & TOM KID; could YOU tell us a LITTLE-MORE about this BLACK & WHITE VIDEO of the Houston Show?

What is so interesting about a video from a show which has a circulating (near-complete) soundboard, and is boring to boot?

You should save excitement for the Cincinnati and Pontiac (and other) videos (IF they even survived). 5/21/77 is the LEAST important of the rare vids.

What is so interesting about a video from a show which has a circulating (near-complete) soundboard, and is boring to boot?

You should save excitement for the Cincinnati and Pontiac (and other) videos (IF they even survived). 5/21/77 is the LEAST important of the rare vids.

Way to evade the question, ledhed. Maybe Major's right, and you mistook a pic from Houston as a video still, but don't think you can come on here and make a statement like "The video is black and white" -making it out like you've seen the fucking thing- without either some sort of proof or people attempting to call you on what may just be a bullshit claim. You just winding us up, or what?

I don't know what mrledhed is talking about. My copy is in color.

Yeah, well, my copy magically switches from black and white to colour during "No Quarter", just like The Wizard Of Oz! And TomKid's copy is in that horrific 'colourized' style used by Turner Classic Movies...makes Jimmy's white dragon suit look pink for fuck sakes! LOL...I repeat, you just joking around or pulling our collective chain here?

I'm obviously joking. I'm still curious as to what mrledhed was talking about.

I figured that...LOL...no worries. As for ledhed, unless he's going to pony up with a screenshot or something, my Spidey Senses are telling me to call bullshit on his claims, 'cos his tone isn't one of 'obviously joking'.I think he's taking the piss. Like that idiot a while back claiming that Peter Grant had the pro shot Pontiac '77 film "destroyed" LOL...he sorta got crucified for it here on the forum, and, ya know, the hammer and nails are still kicking around here someplace ;)

Why not just post a screenshot, or a 5 second clip? That should put people into a frenzy, and the cash/rare offers should come flying in. That, or someone will get nervous and sell to EV.

Black and white, shitty show, what difference does it make? The more important shows most likely will be the last out, if they even exist.

Why not just post a screenshot, or a 5 second clip? That should put people into a frenzy, and the cash/rare offers should come flying in. That, or someone will get nervous and sell to EV.

Black and white, shitty show, what difference does it make? The more important shows most likely will be the last out, if they even exist.

First off, I never said I had any video.

But IF I did, and someone asked me not to post a screenshot or clip, I would respect their request.

Why would I betray someone's trust just to satisfy some kids on the internet?

seriously, there are probably anywhere from 2-5 other videos (in color) from 1977. I don't know, I'm saying that photos have led me to believe that. And, I think its safe to say Japan 71, maybe 72 as well, were multi-tracked. Perth COULD have been recorded from the board as a multi-track, or an FM (probably not, I've heard evidence pointing toward it was NOT), pontiac video exists, because no human being would be crazy enough to not make copies, extra copies, and then put a copy away with someone or somewhere, or in a safe, I think the 1970 US tour has some rough SBDs, just a theory of mine, 71 New York might have a SBD because it was a big gig, and the roadies and sound men are probably responsible for making board tapes, and someone with access to the "vault" has led us to the stuff like the southhampton multis. All speculation, but its more believable than a black and white houston video. I think the who's video was color, or thats what was said, right? or was in prince, or another band at the summit???

But IF I did, and someone asked me not to post a screenshot or clip, I would respect their request.

Wasn't directed exactly at you. My comment was completely general, and directed to anybody. I can respect others requests and I'm not asking anybody to betray anybody else. In reality, the moment it is traded, all bets are off. Sadly this may get rare items locked up forever, but that's the way people are and the way it happens sometimes. Obviously posting the entire thing would destroy the value but posting a public clip or image as proof of it's existence may increase it's value, or it might not.

Kids on the internet wont be satisfied, they'll eat it up and then ask for more, get pissed when they get nothing, and move on. As I said, it would entice people who may be able to do something about it. Holding on to this shit any longer is not smart, the market is disappearing, or already has. The only reason people hold on to these rare items because they realize the have something that could be valuable. As soon as the value is gone, they wont give a shit about it.

This part is directed at you mrledhead. It sounds like you are a little sensitive when it comes to this subject. Also, you say that you don't have the video but you keep making comments that allude to you having more info. Why stir up shit? You don't have the video, move on.

That statement implies that if you don't specifically own it, you have at least seen it. So, which is it, if yer not just trying to fuck with us in the first place?

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place

:lol:...ya think? Might have saved you the feeling of being nailed to the cross here... :rolleyes:

Again, the statement I just bolded implies that if you don't own it, you have at least seen it, which is more than I can say for about 98% of Zeppelin collectors and '77 tour fans, including meself.

Are you implying that that was the case? Yet you had to blab about it just the same, dintcha? Just to wind everybody up...maybe yer right, you should have kept yer fuckin' mouth shut... :lol:

First off, old sport, I stopped being a 'kid' almost thirty years ago, so you can stick the condescending attitude where the sun don't shine, alright? You intimated that you have seen the Houston '77 video, footage that clearly has been kept under wraps lo these many years. If by mentioning in a public forum that you've seen this 'hoarded' footage but were told to keep quiet about it doesn't constitute betraying a trust, I don't know what does.

The word 'troll' has been bandied about in regard to yerself by at least a couple of different people, ledhed. Until you can offer up some sort of proof of the existence of this video -no matter how much you maintain the show 'sucks', which as far as I'm concerned is nothing but a smokescreen- I'm inclined to agree with yer accusers. At the very least, it is clear one way or another that yer not to be trusted because you clearly cannot keep a secret, as you've obliquely admitted in this discussion.

Adding more fuel to the speculation train...

Maybe the dub he saw, or didn't see, was made in black and white? A "sabotage" as sorts to make sure whomever had it originally still has the upper hand? Why would the screens be showing black and white video in 77?

in my above post with the two videos, the 1st video on the top freeze-frames between songs (see 28:50 minutes), just like the sep seattle 77 video does between songs. and it was made in 1978. can anyone explain this for me, please?

Archived