george harrison documentary

slave to zep

" living in the material world " have you seen it yet?

i got it for christmas, just watched it yesterday.

i didn't really like the feel of it, but loved listening to all the interviews, and watching the footage.

his son is so much like him!

two things that his wife olivia said that kinda shocked me, was how she said he was a ladies man, and more or less said that he had affairs. i never knew that.

and she said that the moment he left his body, if you were filming, you wouldn't have needed lighting, as he lit up the room.

also eric, patty and george all coment on the "situation".......

I would agree with you. It seemed very disjointed but there was a lot of details to cover. I think they tried to cover too much of it. I really disliked Eric Clapton's whole attitude towards the Patty debacle. What a cad. How could he act so cold and seem to be his best buddy.

I liked the first part better than the second part. I've seen and read all I need to about the Beatlemania and solo years. It's the growing up years and the early days of the Beatles(pre-fame) that interest me the most now and that I find fascinating. All the George-Patti-Eric stuff I just find depressing.

Hi 'Slave'

I watched it on T.V a few weeks back, but like the 'Fool' that I am I never recorded it, so now have forgotten most of it.

I do however recall Blubbering like a baby when dhani was talking about his Father. I don't think that I have ever seen a Father & Son that look so much alike...

beatles-son-george.jpg

yes, agree with you there! he is a handsome young man! i didn't realize he was 32 ....

funny typo, god instead of good ..... lol

I would agree with you. It seemed very disjointed but there was a lot of details to cover. I think they tried to cover too much of it. I really disliked Eric Clapton's whole attitude towards the Patty debacle. What a cad. How could he act so cold and seem to be his best buddy.

yes, how could a mate do that to another mate? and george just kinda shrugs it off, witha " oh well, so what" attitude. bit strange!

i didn't realize he had also played up on olivia though .... :(

I liked the first part better than the second part. I've seen and read all I need to about the Beatlemania and solo years. It's the growing up years and the early days of the Beatles(pre-fame) that interest me the most now and that I find fascinating. All the George-Patti-Eric stuff I just find depressing.

yeah, i know what you mean. we've all seen the beatles footage over and over.

i would have liked more in - depth stuff from ringo and paul, dhani and olivia.

Haven't seen the Harrison documentary (I've been without cable and most TV in general for well over a year now) but Scorcese outdid himself with No Direction Home. That's pretty much the high water mark as far as rock n' roll documentaries go. The only other ones I've seen in recent memory that even warrant a mention are Cameron Crowe's Twenty (the Pearl Jam documentary) and Barr Weissman's The Secret To A Happy Ending: A Documentary About the Drive-By Truckers. In case you haven't seen the latter, it's some complex shit (to quote David Hood).

Archived