Earls Court, May 24 and 25, 1975

Seattle Kingdome, July 17th, 1977

Knebworth Festival, August 4th and 11th, 1979

Rumored/uncirculating:

Bath Festival, June 28th, 1970

Earls Court, May 17, 18, and 23rd, 1975

Pontiac Silverdome, April 30th 1977

Capital Centere, May 26th 1977

Knebworth Rehearsals, July 1979 (includes Bonham explaining how to fold a T-shirt)

Zurich, June 29th, 1980

Assuming this is accurate info, I sure wish I could get a copy somehow of the May 26th show in Landover. I believe this would have to be one night before Jimmy got so trashed he was carried off? I saw them on the 30th 4 nights after this one. And it was two nights to my knowledge after he was carried off? I would like to know how good this show was?

If the "two mics-multi-track thing" is true that would be an easy way to see if a gig was multi-tracked, but obviously there were no double mics at MSG 1973, EC 1975, or Knebworth, so what's the deal with using two mics?

So the question still stands. What was the purpose of the double mics? IF they were to multi track,that would mean there's at least one multi-tracked concert if you see the photo above. Then that raises the question of which show the photos are from.

And why are the known 2 microphone photos from 1970?

Just now read Jahfin's post regarding the Grateful Dead. So did they use the second mic for noise canceling at every concert? ( I find it interesting that the photo of Gerry was from a filmed performance).

DId microphone technology improve so much after 1970 that a second mic wasn't needed?

If that were true,then every photo of Zep prior to 1970 would show Robert holding two mics...assuming the band needed the noise canceling at every concert.

Puzzling,innit?

Edited by fsmith9095

Just now read Jahfin's post regarding the Grateful Dead. So did they use the second mic for noise canceling at every concert? ( I find it interesting that the photo of Gerry was from a filmed performance).

From what I understand, the Wall of Sound was retired after 1976 after only being in use for two years. From the photo below, I think you can see why. If you're interested, there's more info on it here.

726px-Wall_of_the_Dead.jpg

This is a thread for live shows proshot, not promos.

You might want to consult the person that started the thread about that. It's still a professionally filmed performance, it's just that it was for TV. You, yourself listed Supershow which was a feature length documentary.

Who really cares about 'it has to be pro shot quality or nothing', I am just glad video footage of shows exist be it b/w, colour, pro shot, fan shot, in-house shot, etc. If people have the 'rumored / uncirculating' shows, then at some point they will see the light of day...just have to be patient. I personally enjoy all the circulating shows, and the Page 2003 DVD. I also like the Page & Plant 'No Quarter' DVD...unusual but amazing.

You might want to consult the person that started the thread about that. It's still a professionally filmed performance, it's just that it was for TV. You, yourself listed Supershow which was a feature length documentary.

Supershow was a LIVE concert performance by the band. Although Beat Club was a performance, it is NOT a live show, along with the Communication Breakdown promos, unless Taro wants to lists promos too.

Who really cares about 'it has to be pro shot quality or nothing', I am just glad video footage of shows exist be it b/w, colour, pro shot, fan shot, in-house shot, etc. If people have the 'rumored / uncirculating' shows, then at some point they will see the light of day...just have to be patient. I personally enjoy all the circulating shows, and the Page 2003 DVD. I also like the Page & Plant 'No Quarter' DVD...unusual but amazing.

I have to agree! What ALOT of you need to realize is that this footage is in the quality it is, good for us if it's now in color, or a 1st generation releases, but over all, it's LED ZEPPELIN footage, it's uncommon compared to other bands filmed and that's why I love collecting Led Zeppelin videos. Alot of people just think what is on the DVD exists on bootleg already, WRONG! There is footage of Belfast not on bootleg, the 2nd Knebworth 8mm clip (which then appeared on bootleg in 2009, in incomplete form, with the actual Knebworth songs from the DVD have more footage from this film not on bootleg), ALOT of alternate RAH, ALOT of alternate MSG/Shepperton, and ALOT of alternate Knebworth. I, like alot of people look forward to the next release, but what was have is ALOT!

I have to agree! What ALOT of you need to realize is that this footage is in the quality it is, good for us if it's now in color, or a 1st generation releases, but over all, it's LED ZEPPELIN footage, it's uncommon compared to other bands filmed and that's why I love collecting Led Zeppelin videos. Alot of people just think what is on the DVD exists on bootleg already, WRONG! There is footage of Belfast not on bootleg, the 2nd Knebworth 8mm clip (which then appeared on bootleg in 2009, in incomplete form, with the actual Knebworth songs from the DVD have more footage from this film not on bootleg), ALOT of alternate RAH, ALOT of alternate MSG/Shepperton, and ALOT of alternate Knebworth. I, like alot of people look forward to the next release, but what was have is ALOT!

Here Here!!

Yeah, I don't now what's the problem with the Beat Club footage. They dubbed parts of this footage with "Whole lotta love" as video clip.

What promos do we have else (where the video fits to the sound, not like?? "Communication Breakdown" of course from the official DVD. Than I read in "Concert File" that there was a video for "Good times bad times", but the video never surfaced. And there was shot another "Communication Breakdown" video.

Edited by the-ocean87

Ok....

Led Zeppelin mimed "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" and "You Shook Me" in Bremen, Germany for the show "Beat Club". They likely also mimed "Dazed and Confused" too. The footage was not shown on Beat Club until the producers made a promo for WLL using the left over footage from the session. Later, the two songs were broadcasted on 2 different TV channels in 2007 and 2010.

Communication Breakdown was mimed twice. The first time, likely shot at the Thee Image Club, was shown on Japan TV. Good Times Bad Times is heard at the beginning of the promo. The 2nd promo was shot for Sweedish TV and shown on the official DVD.

Supershow was a LIVE concert performance by the band. Although Beat Club was a performance, it is NOT a live show, along with the Communication Breakdown promos, unless Taro wants to lists promos too.

You just answered your own question. Taro started this thread, not you so it should be up to him as to what's included in this thread, not you.

It would be nice to have an informal Zep Summit Roundtable where all the experts and sources could research, exchange info and debate the merits of rumored shows. Sort of a convention but like a social symposium as well. Of course,we all know how the last planned convention went over. But it would be brilliant to gather all the folks with information and all sit around a table to see what could be determined in terms of Zep footage. Sort of like a Cold Case investigation.