Page's best live solo

Geezer

Jimmy's best live solo  

61 members have voted

1. 1. The best live solo Page has documented in his career

• Stairway to Heaven TSRTS (27-29 July 1973)
    • Stairway to Heaven Earls Court (24, 25 May 1975)
    • White Summer/Black Mountain Side RAH (9 January 1970)
    • White Summer/Black Mountain Side Knebworth (4, 11 August 1979)
    • Achilles Last Stand Knebworth (4, 11 August 1979)
    • No Quarter TSRTS (27-29 July 1973)
    • Since I've Been Loving You TSRTS (27-29 July 1973)
    • Other

I'm going with No Quarter TSRTS.

I second that...brilliantly executed solo in every way (the solo itself is pretty much from the 28th). It is this solo that made me such a live "No Quarter" freak, determined to seek out every single fucking version there is, good, bad or indifferent.

Yes this. It IS his best no doubt, also it seems more powerful because this was pure improv by Jimmy!

I will never agree that it was a pure improvisation. I'll say the same for the solos on Stairway to Heaven TSRTS and No Quarter TSRTS. Jimmy was having a hard time writing/learning those solos prior to performing them.

Thank You BBC is great but this is picturesque :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vUPwY870U

• 3 weeks later...

I will never agree that it was a pure improvisation. I'll say the same for the solos on Stairway to Heaven TSRTS and No Quarter TSRTS. Jimmy was having a hard time writing/learning those solos prior to performing them.

Thank You BBC is great but this is picturesque :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vUPwY870U

this so totally rocks!!!!!!

How The West Was Won is the greatest album ever because Page is playing on a whole different level for those performances. He totally dominates escpicially on Heartbreaker, Dazed And Confused and Whole Lotta Love. But that version of Stairway To Heaven gives me goosebumps. So I'll go with HTWWW Stairway as #1. No Quarter from TSRTS is also exceptional. Also I played all the links you've all posted at once and cause my internet sucks only the BBC one played all the way through without delay so the others stopping and loading made them phase in and out. It sounded really intentional like it was going in and out of solos. Like I was being rocked by 10 Jimmy Pages at once. lol

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived