song remains the same 4LP 180grm release

jsj

i was given this as a a present recently and it's a lovely package. nice outer box, booklet, inner and outer sleeves and the pressing is fantastic sounding. i much prefer the sound of it to the cd overall though that's a subjective preference obviously

what a joy to hear the unreleased tracks; since i've been loving you, heartbreaker, the ocean, misty mountain hop in great quality sound

but i have the same problem as when i first heard the cd. what the f*ck were they thinking releasing the bad edits in D&C, WLL and SIBLY? i'm easy on the other differences to the original; extra reverb and effects etc, even the changes to the no quarter and celebration day solos, but those edits? i find it hard to believe that the three of them and kevin shirley had a listen through before release and thought they were good enough to sanction.

i know it's been said before and i'm not raising the subject again to stir things up, but getting my hands and ears on such a lovely version of it only highlights it's flaws more.

it's a beautiful version of a flawed vision

I totally agree. I got my LP box set today in the mail. It's such a shame. They did the same thing with the BBC Sessions. The Its Your Thing in Communication Breakdown is missing & the Medley at the end of WLL was totally cut out like jack the ripper! Glad I have the boot for the BBC stuff & such a shame TSRTS was cut up as well.

have kevin shirley or page ever been quizzed on this subject?

i'm really struggling to think of live albums by any other major artist that include such dodgy editing. i know many that have been messed around with in the studio but none that have been put out with such nasty jumpy edits

i'm having an emperor's new clothes moment

Archived