Left of the Dial

Jahfin

From Oh OK's reunion show last October at the Cake Shop in NYC. For those not familiar with them, Oh OK is probably best known for including Linda Hopper (Magnapop) and Lynda Stipe (Flash To Bang Time). Even though she was only a member for a short time, the band also at one time included Lynn Blakey, the inspiration behind "Left of the Dial" by the Replacements as well as a member of Tres Chicas along with Caitlin Cary (Whiskeytown, The Small Ponds) and Tonya Lamm (Hazeldine). Lynn also fronted the bands The Broken Crayons and Glory Fountain. More recently she released a very excellent EP last year called Meadowview. If you're at all interested in giving Meadowview a listen, you can do so here.

For more information on the reunion show click here.

Has anyone here heard of Public Nuisance before? I'd never heard of them until about a week ago. They were an American band, around from 1966 - 1969 and recorded 2 albums worth of material. They had some fantastic songs that sounded quite a bit ahead of their time.

• 2 weeks later...

Earth Day 1990 footage from C-Span featuring Natalie Merchant and Robert Buck from 10,000 Maniacs and Michael Stipe and Billy Bragg. Songs include "Dust Bowl Days", "Campfire Song" (with Stipe) and a partial version of R.E.M.'s "Disturbance at the Heron House".

I know of quite a few friends that are into this band but what little I heard didn't really do much for me. That is, until I heard this song (as well as at least one of their other ones) sung around the campfire back around New Year's.

I know of quite a few friends that are into this band but what little I heard didn't really do much for me. That is, until I heard this song (as well as at least one of their other ones) sung around the campfire back around New Year's.

I randomly stumbled upon this, a few months ago, this song did it for me. Unfortunately the EP where this is featured is out of print and haven't been able to find a mountain goats CD!

Archived