Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
turnthepage

Jimmy's Nationality?

European.

also, kind of a weird sig don't you think?

In some photos he looks part Asian...Thai maybe. I think it was Moon or Cole who said the same thing. That when they look at him he looks "Japanese".

My sig. expresses how crazy I am about him (not just his looks). An analogy of sorts.

haha, i'm not trying to knock Page, he is my idol. But if you look at old pictures, or even watch when he played on tv at the age of 14, he just looks english. But pics from latter days of the firm and on is when you start to see his aging kick in. After drugs and all that shit, hey may just look that way because his body has been abused. Just my thoughts.

Look at the pics of him at the ARMS event with the group of Asians. He looks just like them. I've been around the world and I don't know, he looks part something. Not that it matters, and you know I really don't want to know. Just wondered..

I believe I heard somewhere his maternal grandmother was half Chinese, but that is simply conjecture, no substantiation of any sort. Though I agree with Flyingzepp, pre-1977 he looks different than post-1977. Page started using smack around October 1975 and was a full blown addict by 1976. This monkey was on his back until he kicked in 1984, so to say the least he is very lucky to be alive, and even luckier to be clean and healthy. I think he looks better now than he did from 1977 - 1984 without a doubt. Though he did get a bit tubby for a while around 1993 - 1999 off and on, still better than the rake-thin smack head of the late 70's early 80's.

Somewhere in my house I have an interview with Page, via the old ZOSO fanzine, in which he's in Japan & doing a press conference with the local press promoting the first Zeppelin box set & one of the interviewers asked Page, to paraphrase, "It's rumored that you have Japanese ancestry, is this true?" to which Page replied, to paraphrase, "I've heard that before but no, but it seems there must be something that goes well with myself & the Japanese." So, mystery solved but I'll try to find the direct quote as I have posted it here before years ago. Jimmy Page is an Englishman & I believe proudly so.

I'd say, born in England, probably English . Don't quote me though :wtf:

Thanks Kaiser for the info, innuendo has a tendency to grow legs.

Your welcome. I've seen this same thread at least 5 times in the last year & I hate not having a direct quote available but... let's stop the madness lol. He's English with eyes of an Anime character! My ex-girlfriend is Puerto Rican & has the same thing without an ounce of Asian blood in her! It happens.

Edited by kaiser

In some photos he looks part Asian...Thai maybe. I think it was Moon or Cole who said the same thing. That when they look at him he looks "Japanese".

My sig. expresses how crazy I am about him (not just his looks). An analogy of sorts.

I believe Page is Chinese .... That is the clone of him that I saw, was Chinese.

Amazing what those Chinese have been able to accomplish ! !

:D

as Page wrote in his book - he was named after his father and mother:

James + Patricia -> James Patrick

His Celtic roots Page confirmed himself in the "Musician" magazine [# Nov '90, p.49-50]

Musician:

It sounds like the germ of "Over The Hills and Far Away" is in that song ["White Summer"] somewhere.

Page:

Well, it could be, because it's what I call a C. I. A.: It's Celtic, Indian and Arabic influences. I guess my Celtic roots come out in that "Over the Hills and Far Away" type of things.

and if his mother's Irish origin is mentioned in sources,

(her uncommon maiden name - Gaffikin - probably an Anglicization of the Irish Geoghegan),

the father's side is not known well but it seems that the second his name - Patrick - also bears the imprint of the Celtic traditions

possibility of his Chinese roots just mentioned - like he has 1/8 of Chinese blood from his mother's side, but it's not confirmed.

I believe in that - asian shape of the eyes, which is rather convincing evidence.

And do not forget that until recently the second largest city of the British Empire was Hong Kong!

and in that aspect the choice of Page for the closing ceremony of the Beijing Olympics and torch relay to London, I guess, too, is not accidental and rather symbolic :)

and no wonder! Many british musicians have exotic roots - guitarist John Williams by the way has Chinese roots, and another guitarist Davey Graham (one of Page's inspirators, a pioneer of DADGAD- tuning) - Guyanese,

Plant's children - also a clear example of British citizenship and motley mixing of the roots

hxcfghxfgf.jpg

Edited by Ledy Mazeppa

If you are born in England, then you are British

False. I was born in America but my Great Grandparents on both sides were born in Croatian and Russia. Hence, my nationality is Croatian and Russian.

Oh dear. You can't vote then? Actually, your nationality is American; your ancestry is Croatian and Russian.

Jimmy's nationality is British; his ancestry as far as we know is English and Irish.

Oh I see So my passport is incorrect then? As far as I remember I was born in Manchester, England. Have to have a word with Her Majesty then cos my passport states that I'm British

False. I was born in America but my Great Grandparents on both sides were born in Croatian and Russia. Hence, my nationality is Croatian and Russian.

False. Read the other two posts, you're American. Your heritage is something different.

That makes you a Native American with Croatian heritage.

Nationality comes from birth of the soil. heritage is based on ancestry. There are are exceptions to the rule of nationalality. The exceptions are mainly based on foreign affairs, military and ambassador services by the parents.

Nationality is often confused with Heritage.

perhaps it's an American tradition - not to allocate nationality to avoid a racial and national prejudices they came up with - supranational, and then nationality called ethnic heritage.

Nationality - it's your own self-awareness and sense of the people around, environment in which you were born and live, language and traditions of your family/ tribe, it's you choose and usually transmitted through the father, but for the Jews through the mother.

Jimmy is not Englishman in terms as pure Anglo-Saxon, I guess he has his father's nationality.

And as he mentioned it should be one of the Celtic nations.

Edited by Ledy Mazeppa