Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
turnthepage

Jimmy's Nationality?

I don't want to be rude but I find this whole discussion offensive. I don't know where this crazy rumour started but please put an end to this. JIMMY PAGE IS A BRITISH CITIZEN with and english/irish heritage. TURN THE PAGE you say one one hand that you "HATE STARTING THIS TOPIC" and that "HE LOOKS PART SOMETHING"

My husband is of Japanese ancestry and I would hate for someone to look at my son and ask him if he is "PART SOMETHING". Why would you care even it happened to be true. I'm sure I will get a lot of flak for this but I HOPE that this is the end of this once and for all.

Why are you bothering to post if this is offensive to you? There are tons of threads here, read those instead?

You can't blame people's ignorance at the end of the day. Jimmy's eyes thin a bit over his later years and people question if he's Asian and at the end of the day you can't blame them. The more you've seen of Jimmy the more you would believe he has a somewhat Asian heritage.

tumblr_lq5w7vWITM1qbn7cbo1_500.jpgjimmypage1prauls.jpgJimmy%20and%20Mark%20Dallas%201988.jpg

6012.jpg

DAZED CAT I SEEMED TO HAVE HIT A NERVE WITH YOU. I WAS JUST GIVING MY OPINION AS TO HOW I FELT AFTER READING THIS TOPIC. IF U DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH TALKING ABOUT SOMEONES BACKGROUND BECAUSE U THINK THEIR EYES LOOK CHINESE THEN HAVE AT IT. I SHALL LEAVE U TO YOUR 'SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION' ABOUT GENETICS. SAYONARA!!!!!

DAZED CAT I SEEMED TO HAVE HIT A NERVE WITH YOU. I WAS JUST GIVING MY OPINION AS TO HOW I FELT AFTER READING THIS TOPIC. IF U DON'T THINK THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH TALKING ABOUT SOMEONES BACKGROUND BECAUSE U THINK THEIR EYES LOOK CHINESE THEN HAVE AT IT. I SHALL LEAVE U TO YOUR 'SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSION' ABOUT GENETICS. SAYONARA!!!!!

calmdown.gif

Oh dear. You can't vote then? Actually, your nationality is American; your ancestry is Croatian and Russian.

Jimmy's nationality is British; his ancestry as far as we know is English and Irish.

Agreed. Goodness folks. You nationality is what country you were born. Jimmy was born in England so he has the pleasure of being both English AND British.

As for his eyes, my mother has the same thing going on. As she ages, the upper lids droop so her eyes look smaller. Jimmy didn't look Asian in his youth.

You're shouting at me. I'm terribly offended.

there could many reasons why his eyes look the way they do that has nothing to do with his ancestry like:

1) maybe he is prone to squinting when taking photos

2) maybe he is tired that can cause the bagginess under eyes like some of the photos above.

3) maybe he is stoned

4) maybe its medical condition

5) maybe it just him aging.

take your pick

there could many reasons why his eyes look the way they do that has nothing to do with his ancestry like:

1) maybe he is prone to squinting when taking photos

2) maybe he is tired that can cause the bagginess under eyes like some of the photos above.

3) maybe he is stoned

4) maybe its medical condition

5) maybe it just him aging.

take your pick

4 then 3. Combined in that order medical marijuana. Now I know why he rocks the Ray bans. Zl66, Thanks for clearing this up.

I come from a very tight knit family and community of Croatian/Americans. In Pittsburgh there are also lots of Serbians. When we want to know where someone is from, we ask what is your nationality. I guess it's the way we are used to talking among one another. Even the President of the Croatian Fraternal Union would word the question this way. Yes, I am an American but I am also Croatian American. I recognize my ancestry. So when I asked what is Jimmy's nationality, I guess I was looking for his ancestry. Many Pittsburgers recognize their "ancestry" as their "nationality." Sorry for the confusion.

Also, if you look at the original question I said nationality/ethnicity which recognizes that there may be some confusion with simply "nationality."

I am half Slovenian (mother) and half Polish (father) born in Chicago. That makes me quite a mess, though I look like the offspring produced after Wesley Snipes shagged an Oompa Loompa :console:

Don't they have a way to see what other ethnic strains are lurking in your background with a DNA or blood analysis ? ?

Perhaps Jimmy would be willing to give a sample of his DNA for science to study..

(Note: something you may not want to have done if you're a redneck or a racist !!) :)

Edited by The Rover

Surely JP's musical genius is far more worthy of study than his ancestry. It's pretty cool how Jimmy's musicality seems to be sui generis, no one else in his family that we know of was into music.

Surely JP's musical genius is far more worthy of study than his ancestry. It's pretty cool how Jimmy's musicality seems to be sui generis, no one else in his family that we know of was into music or Aleister Crowley. :icecream:

I hate starting a whole topic on this, but I'm sure someone out there knows Jimmy's nationality/ethnicity.

He was born in Surrey England and unless he adopted a second nationality he is Englsih or British is that enough info

He was born in Surrey England and unless he adopted a second nationality he is Englsih or British is that enough info

That does not exactly put the topic to rest now does it. I was born in Chicago but I am not "American" since I am not a Native American, I am half Polish (ok, time for the jokes) and half Slovenian, 1st generation born in the USA. Just because Jimmy was born in England does not make him "English," unless he is of pictish or celtic descent. Most English are a combination of German, French, and Scandinavian with a wee bit of Roman (Italian), and celtic blood left over. After all, the damn country was invaded, raped, and pillaged by more groups than a two-dollar ho after a Nick's game.

Jimmy is a celtic english IMO, it's pretty clear from the hair...slanted eyes are the norm for oriental people, but also occur in occidentals.

That does not exactly put the topic to rest now does it. I was born in Chicago but I am not "American" since I am not a Native American, I am half Polish (ok, time for the jokes) and half Slovenian, 1st generation born in the USA. Just because Jimmy was born in England does not make him "English," unless he is of pictish or celtic descent. Most English are a combination of German, French, and Scandinavian with a wee bit of Roman (Italian), and celtic blood left over. After all, the damn country was invaded, raped, and pillaged by more groups than a two-dollar ho after a Nick's game.

Amen!!