Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
turnthepage

Jimmy's Nationality?

Jimmy is Jewish. Slash is Jimmy's son.

Jimmy taught Slash enough to earn a modest living.

Nothing better to post today....?

haha...actually I have some thoughts but I'm not quite sure where to put them. Checking out the zeppelindatabase today. ;)

This is an old post but it's entertaining. Jimmy is British with some old Irish/Scottish ancestry. I say old because my great-grandfather happens to come from the same town as some of his ancestry. My great-grandfather, for being Irish, stood out like a sore thumb among his British peers. In any photograph of him everyone comments he looks "Eastern European". But he's not Eastern European just as how Jimmy isn't Asian.

That Page is Asian belief comes from people who aren't that educated or who haven't done much traveling. This Asiatic look is found in some of the more backwood areas of Ireland & Scotland. 

It's possible an old throwback to Vikings, which happened to have included Finnish & Saami people or Uralic people. Ever seen a true Finnish, Saami, or Uralic person? Ever seen some of the more northern Norwegians? Many people once, and still do, try & maintain Finns have Asiatic genes despite the fact that they don't. I happen to have the same eyes as Page & people have asked do I have Asian ancestry. My siblings with their "normal" [European] eyes love teasing me about being adopted & my "Chinese" eyes. Ironically, I've had many older Scottish people comment that I look very Scottish so much so I had one old lady try speaking Gaelic to me while up in the northern Highlands by Braetongue. 

My ancestry is all from the UK & having done some DNA tests for fun I'll tell you anything resembling Asiatic DNA is less than 0.01%. But, having (old) Irish/Scottish ancestry, via those DNA tests I happen to have quite a bit of "Finnish" DNA. 

Edited by ThunderShock

My God. I have read some nonsense on this forum, but this thread takes the biscuit. I'd just like to say that this thread is a load of bollocks.