Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

Robert had Maureen, Jimmy had nothing tying him down

i'm talking about the fact that jimmy and robert were friends, and that the poster has said that audrey told him that it was a ROMANCE between her and robert, so .... mates don't do that to mates. get it? anyway, the poster also says that audrey says it didn't happen.

i'm talking about the fact that jimmy and robert were friends, and that the poster has said that audrey told him that it was a ROMANCE between her and robert, so .... mates don't do that to mates. get it? anyway, the poster also says that audrey says it didn't happen.

Unless this Audrey like many others the band had, hoped that there was something with Robert. I even find it hard to believe there was romance between Jimmy and Pamela Des Barres.

Unless this Audrey like many others the band had, hoped that there was something with Robert. I even find it hard to believe there was romance between Jimmy and Pamela Des Barres.

well, there was probably as much romance as there COULD be, given they were married men. jimmy was not legally married, but he made it known that he and charlotte were indeed living as a couple.

Nice thread - great read/interview....love that aspect of being on here! Didn't some family members come out onto the tour when it hit California in June? Or was that just JPJ's family?

Thanks for sharing the info....

but wasn't he still with charlotte? they were together at knebworth .......

He and Charlotte were together until 1983 but he was heavily addicted to heroin from 75-ish to 83. Heroin robs a person's sex drive so his chances of straying from Charlotte during those years were small to none.

Talked with Audrey today and had to correct/revise/add some notes. (Remember Almost Famous?) lol I am really close to getting some rare pics, and will keep you guys posted. I plan on visiting Audrey in Texas very soon, hopefully that will bring some new stuff as well.

Jeez Stairway, just because he's Jimmy Page doesn't mean that EVERY girl that came near him wanted to bang him. And as others have said, he was so addicted to smack in '77 that he would have had little to no sex drive.

Talked with Audrey today and had tocorrect/revise/add some notes. (Remember Almost Famous?) lol I am really close to getting some rare pics, and will keep you guys posted. I plan on visiting Audrey in Texas very soon, hopefully that will bring some new stuff as well.

it would be nice to see some more pics. i agree with the others, she looks good!

Edited by slave to zep

Finally tracked down the famous "Hot Dog" Audrey Hamilton today. I always wanted to hear her story. I started researching and was finally able to track her down, still living in Texas. I sent her an e-mail and really did not expect to hear back from her. Today, as soon as I arrived at band practice, my cell rings....... (band practice was delayed) It was Audrey.

She was more than happy to answer my questions, and really made me feel at ease. Audrey told me she was 20 years young when she met one of the band's roadies at a Dallas nightclub. She told me that the band (or at least) Robert was in Dallas weeks before the tour kicked off. Audrey had met a roadie at a Dallas blues bar, who would invite Audrey to meet the band at their hotel. When she met Robert at the hotel, the two hit it off immediately. She was invited to “go on the road” by Robert.

The Blues bar was probably Mother Blues, that was in the Oak Lawn section of Dallas.

Whenthe '77 tour got postponed at the last minute, due to Robert catching something (in New Orleans ???), the opening date was Ft.Worth. I believe the roadies hung around for a month in Dallas, rather than go back to Europe.

I ran into Jimmy's guiatr roadie (Ray) at Mother Blues. But he sais Jimmy was still in England, and had asked him if "he should bring his Bermuda shorts"... (The first date of the rescheduled tour being Aptil 1, 1977 in Dallas).

The Blues bar was probably Mother Blues, that was in the Oak Lawn section of Dallas.

Whenthe '77 tour got postponed at the last minute, due to Robert catching something (in New Orleans ???), the opening date was Ft.Worth. I believe the roadies hung around for a month in Dallas, rather than go back to Europe.

I ran into Jimmy's guiatr roadie (Ray) at Mother Blues. But he sais Jimmy was still in England, and had asked him if "he should bring his Bermuda shorts"... (The first date of the rescheduled tour being Aptil 1, 1977 in Dallas).

Confirmed. Mother Blues was the bar Audrey was talking about.

Edited by HotDogAudrey

Audrey told me she was 20 years young when she met one of the band's roadies at a Dallas nightclub. She told me that the band (or at least) Robert was in Dallas weeks before the tour kicked off. Audrey had met a roadie at a Dallas blues bar, who would invite Audrey to meet the band at their hotel. When she met Robert at the hotel, the two hit it off immediately. She was invited to “go on the road” by Robert.

How do you explain the

I took her love at seventeen

A little late these days it seems

Lyric then? All the sources I've seen say she was 17 as well. Sounds like maybe she was giving you the sanitized version, probably since people are so much stricter about the "18+ rule" these days compared to the 70's.

How do you explain the

I took her love at seventeen

A little late these days it seems

Lyric then? All the sources I've seen say she was 17 as well. Sounds like maybe she was giving you the sanitized version, probably since people are so much stricter about the "18+ rule" these days compared to the 70's.

I am aware of the lyric. (hence my name) Just keep in mind, sometimes lyrical "imagination" helps write a song. And alot of groupies lied abouth their age to the band. Audrey was also in an open marriage at the time of the 77 tour. And they were married for a few years at this point. Audrey was 20.