Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

I am aware of the lyric. (hence my name) Just keep in mind, sometimes lyrical "imagination" helps write a song. And alot of groupies lied abouth their age to the band. Audrey was also in an open marriage at the time of the 77 tour. And they were married for a few years at this point. Audrey was 20.

I'm guessing most lied upward rather than downward about their age. I guess we'll never really know the total truth.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post in these forums.........Greetings and good evening to you all!

That being said, this woman NEEDS TO WRITE A BOOK. PERIOD. THE SOONER THE BETTER......I appreciate her sharing her stories, and i appreciate the OP taking the time to ask the questions and post them here...Very VERY cool of you tyvm!

Btw, damn she was a hottie..that one pic of her sitting in profile with the SS hat, you could tell she was off the hook hot!

As Robert had his second son Logan in 1979 with Maureen,wasn't this girl just an encounter to him on the road?Of course I'm sure she must have been one of his favorite road girls too.

As for Jimmy,he has sometimes talked about his family life to some media that he really trusted.I saw his that interviews several times.

This is one of them,

Guitar World May issue 2007 Jimmy Page interview.(P.54)

Led Zeppelin - In 1973, Led Zeppelin were flying high...in more ways than one. The story behind Houses of the Holy, the album that made the group international superstars.'We really only socialized when we were on the road,'' he said.''We all really came to value our family lives.....Our families helped keep us sane.'' At home in Plumpton Place,Page began to try his hand at vegetable gardening,hung Afgan hangings in his rooms and continued to manifest what he called his ''affinity with the ideals of the Pre-Raphaelites.If I wasn't into rock,'' Page told a journalist,''I would be living somewhere like Wales in a commune.''

In addition,according to Howard Mylett interview from Dave Lewis's Tight But Loose magazine(published in 2011),when he went to Plumpton Place with his wife,Jimmy and his family warmly welcomed them.(courtesy of aen27.thank you aen!)

299249_2155535886980_1203935053_32052331_807576623_n.jpg

306975_2155547407268_1203935053_32052332_1705437495_n.jpg

As Robert had his second son Logan in 1979 with Maureen,wasn't this girl just an encounter to him on the road?Of course I'm sure she must have been one of his favorite road girls too.

As for Jimmy,he has sometimes talked about his family life to some media that he really trusted.I saw his that interviews several times.

This is one of them,

Guitar World May issue 2007 Jimmy Page interview.(P.54)

Led Zeppelin - In 1973, Led Zeppelin were flying high...in more ways than one. The story behind Houses of the Holy, the album that made the group international superstars.'We really only socialized when we were on the road,'' he said.''We all really came to value our family lives.....Our families helped keep us sane.'' At home in Plumpton Place,Page began to try his hand at vegetable gardening,hung Afgan hangings in his rooms and continued to manifest what he called his ''affinity with the ideals of the Pre-Raphaelites.If I wasn't into rock,'' Page told a journalist,''I would be living somewhere like Wales in a commune.''

In addition,according to Howard Mylett interview from Dave Lewis's Tight But Loose magazine(published in 2011),when he went to Plumpton Place with his wife,Jimmy and his family warmly welcomed them.(courtesy of aen27.thank you aen!)

299249_2155535886980_1203935053_32052331_807576623_n.jpg

306975_2155547407268_1203935053_32052332_1705437495_n.jpg

Well said, Alice. :D You're welcome.

I'm so glad I found this thread! Thank you so so so much for posting this. Has anything else happened recently? I would love to contact her as well..

Sorry guys, very busy with work and other time wasting matters. I plan on visiting Audrey in April and hope to have some good pics and new stories. I am working on update at the moment, but won't be up here till Friday. We have talked a few times back and forth on the phone. Neal Preston and I spoke re: pics of Audrey and he isn't to keen on releasing those. (no surprise) but I did pass Audrey's number to him at his request so maybe we will have some luck. Audrey & Robert kept in contact until the early 90's. Nothing intimate but she would visit the hotels or clubs when Plant would pass through Dallas. I will have some more info soon guys. Thanks for the interest. Edited by HotDogAudrey

Talked with Audrey today. Just calling to say hello, and it ended up turning into a Q&A session about Zeppelin again. (shocker) lol. LoveinHerEyes5789 passed along some questions for Audrey, and I can't resist Audrey's tales. Audrey told me of Robert's jealousy and how "hot dog" was based on Robert's disappointment of coming back to Texas after the 77' tour and finding the fact that Audrey had begun seeing Bad Co. guitarist Mick Ralphs. She said Robert was hopping mad. She told me that after a show (sometime between Chi & NY) Robert grew tired and asked Audrey to accompany him to bed. Audrey waited for Plant to fall asleep, and then proceeded to party with others. Robert was angry about this and asked Audrey to "go home". Audrey flew home to Dallas, reconnected with Robert via telephone, and flew back to meet up with the band at the hotel they were staying at. She was told by Robert the night of the Dallas show "not to pack" for the tour due to the fact that everything would be "taken care of" for her. The Saks Fifth Avenue shirt seen in the pics of her and Robert in the park in Chicago was bought that day for her.

Audrey also went on tour with: Rolling Stones, Bad Co., ELO, Rod Stewart, Kiss, and still communicates with many of them. She ran into Jimmy Page in NYC a few years back and actually turned down an invitation to have lunch with him. Shame on you Audrey. lol.. more to come. Here is a pic of Audrey with friends out in LA when she was hanging with ELO.

post-18981-0-50000200-1329276133.jpg

Audrey told me of Robert's jealousy and how "Hot Dog" was based on Robert's disappointment of coming back to Texas after the 77' tour and finding the fact that Audrey had begun seeing Bad Co. guitarist Mick Ralphs.

It's certainly plausible Hot Dog, written in 1978, was partly inspired by Audrey Hamiliton but I think she means to say Robert become jealous of her seeing Mick Ralphs DURING the '77 tour (not after) when Led Zeppelin returned to Texas in May. She may recall Ralphs jammed with them at Tarrant County Convention Center in Ft. Worth on May 22, 1977.

Robert did not return to Texas after Karac's death in July 1977 until August 1983 for solo tour rehearsals at the Dallas Communications Complex - Studios at Las Colinas (6301 North O' Conner Road 75039).

Edited by SteveAJones

• 4 weeks later...

^ Good for Jonesy.

+1

I asked that question, no romance with Page. She said that was a big "no no"

Ok, so prancing around with a married man as a lark is ok, but with a band mate, "a big 'no no.'" Right. Penetrating insight.

• 1 year later...

Finally tracked down the famous "Hot Dog" Audrey Hamilton today. I always wanted to hear her story. I started researching and was finally able to track her down, still living in Texas. I sent her an e-mail and really did not expect to hear back from her. Today, as soon as I arrived at band practice, my cell rings....... (band practice was delayed) It was Audrey.

She was more than happy to answer my questions, and really made me feel at ease. Audrey told me she was 20 years young when she met one of the band's roadies at a Dallas nightclub. She told me that the band (or at least) Robert was in Dallas weeks before the tour kicked off. Audrey had met a roadie at a Dallas blues bar, who would invite Audrey to meet the band at their hotel. When she met Robert at the hotel, the two hit it off immediately. She was invited to “go on the road” by Robert. She spoke of a night aboard the chariot that involved her and Plant locked in a room, while outside, security had taken the clothes of several “female guests”. She spoke of the famous photos and cleared up some of the locations of the famous pics of her with Page/Plant. The "SS" hat pic was on a flight after the Chicago shows, and the outside black and white Plant pics were taken in Chicago as well. The pics of her in the limo with Plant and Grant were from the Cincinnati show. She was with the band all the way through the tour. She was actually out shopping with a Dennis Sheehan, (who would later become U2’s tour manager) when the news of Plant's son got to the band. When she arrived back to the hotel, Plant was gone, and Audrey was on her way home. I asked what happened to the romance, and she told me that after that tour she began to date a close friend of Plant's. This upset Robert. I asked if they continued to talk after the 77' tour, and she said they did, but she was not going to "wait around" for him. We both laughed about that. She still to this day has a few rings of his among other items.

It did pull at the heart strings a little when she said, " I should have waited, I don't know." She said they talked for a while in the 80's and she did confirm that "Hot Dog" was written for her. She was fully aware of the heavy drugs on that tour, and when I asked about Jimmy, she just said: "Jimmy was a full blown heroin addict." She told me that Bonzo was very serious and stern when he told her aboard the first flight: "DON'T LEAVE MY SIDE" and "Be very careful" She didn't seem to keen on John Paul Jones, and said the feeling was mutual. She went as far to say that Jones "hated" her, and called her a "home-wrecker" She told me the only time Plant asked her not to walk off the plane with him was when they got to NY. There was a very strong feeling from talking with her that the romance was very real, and very passionate. Funny story from the interview was her recollection of Jimmy's obsession with transvestites. She said Robert would point out the transvestites hanging around Jimmy’s suite while on the tour. (Royal Orleans)???

She said there may have been some tension coming from the other members due to the time Plant was spending with her, instead of hanging with the band. She told me about her daughter who's father is Ace Frehley, and how after she was born her "rock n roll" lifestyle stopped. She also confirmed she was in an open marriage at the time of the affair with Robert. She did not recall the "drink throwing" story that had her throwing a drink on Page's face in 1983. She then said, "well, I could have done it. who knows." My favorite part of the interview was her telling me that she would throw a rose on stage during "Going to California" and Plant would ask her to trim the thorns off before doing so. Plant would always put the rose in his pants, and wanted to avoid injury. Audrey told me the band would pick a “base city” and usually fly back and forth between shows.

Audrey continues to live in Texas, and has considered co-writing a book with other girls from the era. Such a nice person to talk with. She is going to try and get me some pics from her collection that would be interesting to see. If anyone has any pics, stories, questions for Audrey, please let me know. I will do the best I can to help. ..

attachicon.gifi180612984_45295_3.jpg

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

attachicon.gif7raplzi7zwbalpi7.jpg

Finally tracked down the famous "Hot Dog" Audrey Hamilton today. I always wanted to hear her story. I started researching and was finally able to track her down, still living in Texas. I sent her an e-mail and really did not expect to hear back from her. Today, as soon as I arrived at band practice, my cell rings....... (band practice was delayed) It was Audrey.

She was more than happy to answer my questions, and really made me feel at ease. Audrey told me she was 20 years young when she met one of the band's roadies at a Dallas nightclub. She told me that the band (or at least) Robert was in Dallas weeks before the tour kicked off. Audrey had met a roadie at a Dallas blues bar, who would invite Audrey to meet the band at their hotel. When she met Robert at the hotel, the two hit it off immediately. She was invited to “go on the road” by Robert. She spoke of a night aboard the chariot that involved her and Plant locked in a room, while outside, security had taken the clothes of several “female guests”. She spoke of the famous photos and cleared up some of the locations of the famous pics of her with Page/Plant. The "SS" hat pic was on a flight after the Chicago shows, and the outside black and white Plant pics were taken in Chicago as well. The pics of her in the limo with Plant and Grant were from the Cincinnati show. She was with the band all the way through the tour. She was actually out shopping with a Dennis Sheehan, (who would later become U2’s tour manager) when the news of Plant's son got to the band. When she arrived back to the hotel, Plant was gone, and Audrey was on her way home. I asked what happened to the romance, and she told me that after that tour she began to date a close friend of Plant's. This upset Robert. I asked if they continued to talk after the 77' tour, and she said they did, but she was not going to "wait around" for him. We both laughed about that. She still to this day has a few rings of his among other items.

It did pull at the heart strings a little when she said, " I should have waited, I don't know." She said they talked for a while in the 80's and she did confirm that "Hot Dog" was written for her. She was fully aware of the heavy drugs on that tour, and when I asked about Jimmy, she just said: "Jimmy was a full blown heroin addict." She told me that Bonzo was very serious and stern when he told her aboard the first flight: "DON'T LEAVE MY SIDE" and "Be very careful" She didn't seem to keen on John Paul Jones, and said the feeling was mutual. She went as far to say that Jones "hated" her, and called her a "home-wrecker" She told me the only time Plant asked her not to walk off the plane with him was when they got to NY. There was a very strong feeling from talking with her that the romance was very real, and very passionate. Funny story from the interview was her recollection of Jimmy's obsession with transvestites. She said Robert would point out the transvestites hanging around Jimmy’s suite while on the tour. (Royal Orleans)???

She said there may have been some tension coming from the other members due to the time Plant was spending with her, instead of hanging with the band. She told me about her daughter who's father is Ace Frehley, and how after she was born her "rock n roll" lifestyle stopped. She also confirmed she was in an open marriage at the time of the affair with Robert. She did not recall the "drink throwing" story that had her throwing a drink on Page's face in 1983. She then said, "well, I could have done it. who knows." My favorite part of the interview was her telling me that she would throw a rose on stage during "Going to California" and Plant would ask her to trim the thorns off before doing so. Plant would always put the rose in his pants, and wanted to avoid injury. Audrey told me the band would pick a “base city” and usually fly back and forth between shows.

Audrey continues to live in Texas, and has considered co-writing a book with other girls from the era. Such a nice person to talk with. She is going to try and get me some pics from her collection that would be interesting to see. If anyone has any pics, stories, questions for Audrey, please let me know. I will do the best I can to help. ..

attachicon.gifi180612984_45295_3.jpg

attachicon.gifimages.jpeg

attachicon.gif7raplzi7zwbalpi7.jpg

Wow.... I think it it was best that he did John... information thanks! ...

..but, I want to know, what happened to Maureen Wilson as Audrey was with Robert?

Robert and his wife did not love?