Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

Sounds and looks like this Audrey gal made the "rounds" if you will. Ahh, the seventies - when true love

was a merry-go-round of sex, lies, and cassette tapes.

I would have thought Robert would have known better than to fall for girls like Audrey. But hey, love is blind,

even for our Heros. :-(

Great read! I'm curious Audrey's thoughts of the 3rd leg of that tour: Seattle, Tempe, Oakland. Lots of momentum lost from the great LA shows that ended the 2nd leg three weeks earlier, and by all accounts of what we have bootleg-wise (including Seattle DVD), they weren't very good shows (although the people who attended the shows thought they were good).

False. Seattle is a good show - not great, but good. The final shows in Oakland has some awesome moments, too.

As to the gory details...thanks to HotDogAudrey (I guess?) for getting another look into the lives of the group - overall, the story resonates with other things that we've heard, atlhough (of course) everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Robert...is often painted as the "good one," so-to-speak, of the band. This episode only makes it more clear to me that he was just as bad as the rest of them - he might not have almost killed himself through heroin, or drunk himself to death with booze, but...he did his fair share of heartbreaking.

Edited by Melcórë

False. Seattle is a good show - not great, but good. The final shows in Oakland has some awesome moments, too.

As to the gory details...thanks to HotDogAudrey (I guess?) for getting another look into the lives of the group - overall, the story resonates with other things that we've heard, atlhough (of course) everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Robert...is often painted as the "good one," so-to-speak, of the band. This episode only makes it more clear to me that he was just as bad as the rest of them - he might not have almost killed himself through heroin, or drunk himself to death with booze, but...he did his fair share of heartbreaking.

Sounds like Robert is the one who had his heart broken after reading this story...

Sounds like Robert is the one who had his heart broken after reading this story...

Lmfao.

Yeah...because, you know, it wasn't like he was out screwing the next girl. Robert's track-record is fairly public...

Speaking only for myself, I would rather these threads not be posted. I would rather just see the pics with a sentence of explanation.It's obvious both Plant and Page have had issues with women; let's hope they've sorted out those issues, perhaps through therapy, and if so, I'm sure Robert Plant would not want to see this thread here. I don't care about this woman and as a woman, I find it almost embarrassing that there are or were women who had nothing going on in their lives and thought the only thing they could do that would be significant would be to have sex with and hang out with famous people.

Speaking only for myself, I would rather these threads not be posted. I would rather just see the pics with a sentence of explanation.It's obvious both Plant and Page have had issues with women; let's hope they've sorted out those issues, perhaps through therapy, and if so, I'm sure Robert Plant would not want to see this thread here. I don't care about this woman and as a woman, I find it almost embarrassing that there are or were women who had nothing going on in their lives and thought the only thing they could do that would be significant would be to have sex with and hang out with famous people.

I'm not particularly interested either, prefer not to dwell on their infidelities, and don't have some sort of hero-worship for people like Miss Pamela etc - but I don't know enough about Audrey to pass that kind of judgement on her. She may have had a ton of ambition and done loads of other things with her life, for all I know.

Yeah - Robert was a fuck-muffin.......right. Get to know your story.

Hmm? You're naïve if you think that Robert truly loved a groupie. I find it hard to believe that he really "loved" any woman to begin with, seeing as almost every relationship he had was mired in infidelity.

Unfortunately, they've lived (and committed their infidelities) in the public eye - and, at least, some of the people involved (i.e. the women) don't mind having their stories told.

As for Pagey and Plant's "issues with women"...can't really speak for the former, but rumours have always followed Percy around. I don't think he's changed all that much.

Well said Scarlet! I hope this thread ends here. It's their own business anyway - not ours!

Well said Scarlet! I hope this thread ends here. It's their own business anyway - not ours!

Too bad you aren't a mod who can close it, then!

Unfortunately, it's the dirt that is most often discussed when it comes to celebrities. The focus on sex and drugs was what I liked least about Barney Hoskyn's recent book.

Personally I like knowing the facts about my heroes' pasts. Its good to know, purely from the point of view of being enlightened about what really went on.

Not that we can really know what was in people's hearts but for me its not about being salacious - its about seeing past the wearying, carefully constructed public image to the truth of the lives they lived. I would much rather at least know stories like the one posted in this thread than not.

At the same time I don't believe in judging the people involved either. Its just what happened - we can't judge unless we go back in time and live the life these people led, with their choices and their lifestyle factors. As I say its really simply about knowledge.

Oh and sidebar - I think the one Robert really loves is himself, personally ;) Oh and children, I think he has a soft spot for kids.

I like reading about backstage/ offstage accounts ( as long as there from legitimate sources). Not necessarily all the salacious tidbits, but just stories of things that went on. Kinda like I like looking at offstage/backstage photos of the band. It gives a tiny view into how things were back then.

Interesting comment about JPJ hating on Audrey Hamilton and calling her a homewrecker. Didn't he have a fling with Morgana Welch back in the day? Also, why would he care who Plant was knocking boots with unless the affair was causing him to be late for gigs, etc.?

Personally I like knowing the facts about my heroes' pasts. Its good to know, purely from the point of view of being enlightened about what really went on.

Not that we can really know what was in people's hearts but for me its not about being salacious - its about seeing past the wearying, carefully constructed public image to the truth of the lives they lived. I would much rather at least know stories like the one posted in this thread than not.

At the same time I don't believe in judging the people involved either. Its just what happened - we can't judge unless we go back in time and live the life these people led, with their choices and their lifestyle factors. As I say its really simply about knowledge.

Oh and sidebar - I think the one Robert really loves is himself, personally ;) Oh and children, I think he has a soft spot for kids.

i agree with you.

they were all quite young - the guys and most certainly the girls.

imho the zep guys did truly love their respective partners ( wives ), but we have no way of knowing the degree of fame/pressure they were all under. heavy drugs, alcohol, temptations at every corner ... and for young girls to be showed some affection from these guys ... you can't really blame them, or know what truly went on. i do feel for the wives - it must have been heartbreaking and so embarrassing for them to learn about these things either at the time, or later.

from what i can tell, they are all on good terms now, and of course jpj is still with mo, and pat will love bonzo till the day she dies, so .....

i agree with you.

imho the zep guys did truly love their respective partners ( wives ), but we have no way of knowing the degree of fame/pressure they were all under. heavy drugs, alcohol, temptations at every corner ... and for young girls to be showed some affection from these guys ... you can't really blame them, or know what truly went on. i do feel for the wives - it must have been heartbreaking and so embarrassing for them to learn about these things either at the time, or later.

from what i can tell, they are all on good terms now, and of course jpj is still with mo, and pat will love bonzo till the day she dies, so .....

Yeah...I think Robert in particular was just such a freedom lover, with all the bounty that West Coast life had to offer he wasn't going to just say no and not indulge to some degree.

Although I do remember reading somewhere that after a few years of that he got tired of the new wave of really young groupies coming in and he would just get a house in Malibu and generally avoid the craziness.

...but we have no way of knowing the degree of fame/pressure they were all under.

They weren't that young, at least not by the time that Audrey came around - Percy and Bonzo were both twenty-nine, and Jonesy and Pagey past thirty.

That second bit robs them of the fact that, at some point, they chose the women/drugs.

Although I do remember reading somewhere that after a few years of that he got tired of the new wave of really young groupies coming in and he would just get a house in Malibu and generally avoid the craziness.

The lyrics to "Sick Again" reflect a sympathy with the thirteen year-olds...who were still passed around, although maybe not by the lads.

Edited by Melcórë

They weren't that young, at least not by the time that Audrey came around - Percy and Bonzo were both twenty-nine, and Jonesy and Pagey past thirty.

That second bit robs them of the fact that, at some point, they chose the women/drugs.

The lyrics to "Sick Again" reflect a sympathy with the thirteen year-olds...who were still passed around, although maybe not by the lads.

yes, they did choose to do what they did, i was just saying that it isn't something the everyday person has been exposed to - the fame and all that comes with it.

just trying not to judge either side, i s'pose :)

yes, they did choose to do what they did, i was just saying that it isn't something the everyday person has been exposed to - the fame and all that comes with it.

just trying not to judge either side, i s'pose :)

There's a saying that has been around a long time, "what goes on the road, stays on the road". I've been around enough musicians in my life to see what goes on and what doesn't. If you are in a serious relationship with one you know the routine from day one and you either deal with it or not. Not saying it's good, bad or indifferent, just that is the way it is. The problem comes when road girls think they are serious partners in those relationships.

I've always felt sad for the girls that glommed onto anyone of profile because it's rather pathetic that they have nothing better to do than to follow some guy around in the hopes of a little attention. Not judging, each to his own. I think generally when the guys get older and realize how sad the girls are, they get past the groupie thing, maybe realize they might be doing some damage. I don't know one musician who didn't indulge back in the day but now that they are older there too many other interesting things going on to be bothered with that scene. I'd be suspicious of anyone that carries on with road antics for very long - makes me think they either suffer from a lack of either self-esteem or can't have a serious private relationship.

There's a saying that has been around a long time, "what goes on the road, stays on the road". [...] If you are in a serious relationship with one you know the routine from day one and you either deal with it or not. Not saying it's good, bad or indifferent, just that is the way it is.

[...]

I've always felt sad for the girls that glommed onto anyone of profile because it's rather pathetic that they have nothing better to do [...] Not judging, each to his own.

The first part is an excuse - "that's the way it is." Bullshit. They could abstain - the fault is on them, not the business.

Isn't it a judgment to say that people are "pathetic"?

The 70's were a magical time in America. There was a freedom of youth that had never occurred and would never occur again. Most teens in the 70's were seekers of some sort, influenced by the hope of the 60's yet young enough to ignore Manson, Altamont, Vietnam, etc and consider them a fluke. Though I was just a kid in the 70's I had cousins 10 and 20 years my senior as guides to this amazing place and I have very vivid memories indeed. I remember being pretty much free from five years old on, playing with my friends and not worrying if some asshole was going to rape and kill us because we were smart enough to travel in groups and run from strangers. Adults were our friends and looked after us and we respected and listened to them. It was unusual in the fact that we all hoped for something better, had such open minds and gathered influences from many a diverse source the world became an open book. Of course some people got hurt, but the majority had fun and learned a thing or two along the way. Sex was fun and light hearted, compared to a return to the 50's moral code of the late 80's & 90's people just did not take things so damn seriously.

I wish I could explain in vivid detail what it was like in the 70's, I guess an accurate description would be the old Coke commercials where everyone is singing in a summer field, or the old RC commercials. People cared and loved but also knew when to let go and walk away, these days a boy dates a girl once and they are "together???" It's no longer fun, just one big pain in the ass. I really feel sorry for the generations post-70's because all they know is fear and repercussion.

I cannot nor will I judge these people, they were living in a unique time and place where even suburban married couples were having "key parties" on the weekends. Everyone knew what was happening on the road and the wives and girlfriends either accepted it or moved on. Think about it. Pictures of rock stars and groupies were published in the 60's, this was no secret. They were all adults who chose the life they led, no one forced them. So, I have no sympathy for the wives in any way and I am sure most do not have any regrets. As Jimmy once said, "Better to live a single day as a lion, than a 1,000 years as a lamb." Somehow I believe Maureen is quite content that she was married to Robert Plant for 14 odd years instead of an unknown civil servant who came home every night and gave her a tumble once a week for the crown.

Thank god for the bands, the music the groupies, and the combination of innocence, camaraderie, and discovery which we will never again in our lifetimes see. It was a golden time.

The 70's were a magical time in America. There was a freedom of youth that had never occurred and would never occur again. Most teens in the 70's were seekers of some sort, influenced by the hope of the 60's yet young enough to ignore Manson, Altamont, Vietnam, etc and consider them a fluke. Though I was just a kid in the 70's I had cousins 10 and 20 years my senior as guides to this amazing place and I have very vivid memories indeed. I remember being pretty much free from five years old on, playing with my friends and not worrying if some asshole was going to rape and kill us because we were smart enough to travel in groups and run from strangers. Adults were our friends and looked after us and we respected and listened to them. It was unusual in the fact that we all hoped for something better, had such open minds and gathered influences from many a diverse source the world became an open book. Of course some people got hurt, but the majority had fun and learned a thing or two along the way. Sex was fun and light hearted, compared to a return to the 50's moral code of the late 80's & 90's people just did not take things so damn seriously.

I wish I could explain in vivid detail what it was like in the 70's, I guess an accurate description would be the old Coke commercials where everyone is singing in a summer field, or the old RC commercials. People cared and loved but also knew when to let go and walk away, these days a boy dates a girl once and they are "together???" It's no longer fun, just one big pain in the ass. I really feel sorry for the generations post-70's because all they know is fear and repercussion.

I cannot nor will I judge these people, they were living in a unique time and place where even suburban married couples were having "key parties" on the weekends. Everyone knew what was happening on the road and the wives and girlfriends either accepted it or moved on. Think about it. Pictures of rock stars and groupies were published in the 60's, this was no secret. They were all adults who chose the life they led, no one forced them. So, I have no sympathy for the wives in any way and I am sure most do not have any regrets. As Jimmy once said, "Better to live a single day as a lion, than a 1,000 years as a lamb." Somehow I believe Maureen is quite content that she was married to Robert Plant for 14 odd years instead of an unknown civil servant who came home every night and gave her a tumble once a week for the crown.

Thank god for the bands, the music the groupies, and the combination of innocence, camaraderie, and discovery which we will never again in our lifetimes see. It was a golden time.

:bravo::bravo:

I really feel sorry for the generations post-70's because all they know is fear and repercussion.

You "feel sorry" for us because...we actually care about one another? I don't understand your concerns. I'd say your view of the 1970s is through rose-coloured glasses...I'd rather fall in love and play it safe than burn out and fade away, like so many from that generation did...not to mention all the other issues.

Your comments about Maureen seem...misguided? It seems that Robert had a wandering eye early on - he might have cheated with her sister in the late-60s. I'd hazard a guess that constantly being away from the family, and the loss of their son, is what damaged their relationship more than the infidelities.

Edited by Melcórë