How the Brits Rocked America - BBC Four Documentary

Ady

Would love to see that too. Kinda doubt BBC Canada will show us that program though.

More than a third (close to half now that I look closer) of my iPod is British bands.

That goes against the Royal Canadian Broadcasting codes. You need some more Guess Who and Shania Twain on that device.

That goes against the Royal Canadian Broadcasting codes. You need some more Guess Who and Shania Twain on that device.

Okay, my bad *shrugs* I'll add more Guess Who and BTO, but instead of Shania I would like to substitute Sarah or Allannis. S'okay?

I watched the first episode last night, and really enjoyed it. There was quite a bit of Jimmy in it. :) Next week's episode is called 'Stairway to Heaven'.

Wonderful!

Let's hope it makes it to you tube! Really looking forward to seeing it.

Yes folks get ready for next week. It's about the 70's invasion of rock bands. Should be loads of stuff on the boys. A tempter was the end music of last nights show. How Many More Times. Great. So now the BBC should get the 3 surviving members and get Jimmy to open his vaults and have a 3 hr doc just on Zepp. Of all the iconic groups of the 70's I can't think of one (official) documentary about Zeppelin with interviews, film clips etc. Come on BBC ?

:lol:

True enough ! Thru the beauty of cable, I'm sure we'll have a chance to catch it on one of the American PBS stations. Hope so

Considering Zep broke into the USA in late 68 and 69, I was disappointed that Episode 1 did not acknowledge this in any way (maybe it was because word of mouth was still spreading, and they weren't fully established). Hopefully Episode 2 will compensate for this

Yes folks get ready for next week. It's about the 70's invasion of rock bands. Should be loads of stuff on the boys. A tempter was the end music of last nights show. How Many More Times. Great. So now the BBC should get the 3 surviving members and get Jimmy to open his vaults and have a 3 hr doc just on Zepp. Of all the iconic groups of the 70's I can't think of one (official) documentary about Zeppelin with interviews, film clips etc. Come on BBC ?

It may not be what you consider "official" but VH1 did a documentary on them for their now defunct Legends series. It's been quite a while since I last watched it but it was hell of a lot better than that doc that ran as a part of A & E's Biography series several years ago (I haven't seen the newer Zep doc that aired within the last year or so).

In the early of the part of the second show, Jack Bruce is interviewed about Cream touring the US. The sharp eyed amongst you will spot Charlotte Martin several times in the footage. Overall, I enjoyed the programme - Jimmy features throughout, but it was also nice to hear input from Ian Hunter.

Archived