How the Brits Rocked America - BBC Four Documentary

Ady

It may not be what you consider "official" but VH1 did a documentary on them for their now defunct Legends series. It's been quite a while since I last watched it but it was hell of a lot better than that doc that ran as a part of A & E's Biography series several years ago (I haven't seen the newer Zep doc that aired within the last year or so).

VH1 series

I remember watching this when it first aired in 96' or 97. It was the first series I saw from the "legends" docs. Some of the footage here wasn't released until then. I appreciate Steven Tylers admiration and love for the band, but his narration on this is nothing short of boring-and flat. No spunk in his delivery, and you can tell he's reading from notes. That's the only downside of this doc. There was also a series that featured John Sebastian (host) called "The Golden Age of rock n' roll" that hit the tube in 1991. That was the first time I saw the B/W version of Dazed and Confused (which I later realized was a shortened version) That was an uplifting moment to see that for the first time. I knew then that there was more footage to be released - and in time it was.

I saw a trailer for this 3-part series earlier, Jimmy Page is in it: http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b01b4x9g

Starts next Friday at 9pm.

Thank you, Ady. I'm a bit behind so my husband and I just viewed part 2 last night. Both parts 1 and 2 that we've viewed so far have been excellent. Based on our own experiences growing up in the U.S. and experiencing the Brits rocking America firsthand, we think the creators of this doc did a great job depicting what it was like during those years. It was wonderful to hear all of the musicians reflect on that time and share their own perspectives and memories.

I'll 2nd that!!! Listening to the videos now:-) Thanks Ady

FWIW, I've been very impressed with this Doc. I know it's been edited but the artists interviewed have been brilliant.

Archived