did i hear Plant correctly?

Actually, I thought he might have been shouting out to Dave Lewis. Hadn't thought of Grohl. It's possible, but I don't think Plant would have been so petty as to refer to the whole Grohl-was-after-the-drummer's-job thing

oh, i would! if i was in Plant's shoes, i would have been personally insulted that someone campainged so hard for the "job", as Bonzo and Robert were really good friends...If it was indeed directed at Grohl, it's a definate "fuck you". Id love to hear Grohl play with Zeppelin, but really, there's only one man for that job. Jason's earned it.

I am reliably informed that it was a reference to a chap sitting by the sound mixing console section, who was in a wheelchair. He is a fan close to some of the band and families, who has been seriously ill in hospital. Arrangements were made for him to be brought to the show by ambulance.

Just goes to prove that rock gods do care!!

Indi.

oh, i would! if i was in Plant's shoes, i would have been personally insulted that someone campainged so hard for the "job", as Bonzo and Robert were really good friends...If it was indeed directed at Grohl, it's a definate "fuck you". Id love to hear Grohl play with Zeppelin, but really, there's only one man for that job. Jason's earned it.

YOU would have been insulted if YOU were in Robert's shoes. But you can't determine what is insulting to Robert. Robert's a grown man, an incredible soul and a professional musician. To my knowledge, he has given no indication, one way or the other, how he feels about Dave's 'campaigning for the job' (if you want to call it that). Had Jason not cleaned up his act, it very well could have been Dave, someone else or no show at all.

YOU would have been insulted if YOU were in Robert's shoes. But you can't determine what is insulting to Robert. Robert's a grown man, an incredible soul and a professional musician. To my knowledge, he has given no indication, one way or the other, how he feels about Dave's 'campaigning for the job' (if you want to call it that). Had Jason not cleaned up his act, it very well could have been Dave, someone else or no show at all.

I think if it wasnt Jason it probably would have been Grohl, of course i am a fan of Grohl, but many who are not even say he is a great, hard hitting drummer. Listening to him live in Nirvana, and Queens of the Stone Age, even Probot, you can hear it.

I am reliably informed that it was a reference to a chap sitting by the sound mixing console section, who was in a wheelchair. He is a fan close to some of the band and families, who has been seriously ill in hospital. Arrangements were made for him to be brought to the show by ambulance.

Indi.

Little known (and probably meant to remain that way) Robert has an old friend called David who sadly has terminal cancer. Robert arranged and paid for him to have an air ambulance to take him from Worcestershire to the O2 if he was well enough to travel on the day. I didn't see him on the night but I hope it was him and he got his last wish fulfilled. That's who he asked what he thought.

P.S Don't tell anyone because rock gods are supposed to be hard uncaring bastards

Indi.

Little known (and probably meant to remain that way) Robert has an old friend called David who sadly has terminal cancer. Robert arranged and paid for him to have an air ambulance to take him from Worcestershire to the O2 if he was well enough to travel on the day. I didn't see him on the night but I hope it was him and he got his last wish fulfilled. That's who he asked what he thought.

P.S Don't tell anyone because rock gods are supposed to be hard uncaring bastards

Thank you both for clearing that up. Robert is 'The Golden God', isn't he. All of these ASS-UMPTIONS were for naught. And this resentment toward Dave Grohl from people, I just don't understand at all.

I agree. I think Robert has more class than to insult someone live in front of 20K people--and furthermore, countless recorders...they KNEW there was going to be thousands of bootleggers. :lol:

I agree totally

Or a serious statement (i.e. the wheelchair) or a joke (i.e. Lewis - I don't think, or one of the crew etc.)

Why giving an insult in this very special day: I don't remember them insulting anyone

Archived