Best Led Zeppelin riff ever?

Rock Daily

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if they have a single best one, but I still think Whole Lotta Love is just...wow! Especially the intro riff when the bass kicks in. The depth of power just rattles your headphones. I don't know if it's the best riff but I can't think of one more classic.

Other personal favorites of mine would be:

The Ocean

Custard Pie

Heartbreaker

Houses Of The Holy

There is no best... they're all works of musical art formed with precision by the hands of Mr Page.

Ok ok, well the riffs in "As Long As I Have You" are pretty impressive...

Bring it on home. I don't know if I have ever picked up a guitar and NOT played that song. An absolute joy to play.

Communication Breakdown. No need to explain.

Ten Years Gone. The first time I heard this I almost quit playing guitar. Why Bother? Perfect in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

WHY JUST ONE???? Fine. Kashmir, Dancing Days, Achilles Last Stand, Bring It On Home, The Wanton Song, Immigrant Song. After all, no matter what the song, it remains the same. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

This one falls way under the radar because Zeppelin has so many riffs to choose from plus this one is an outro riff of a lesser known Zeppelin song but albeit a popular one amongst Zeppelin fans. IMHO, not only is this the coolest Zeppelin riff, but it might be my favorite riff period of all time.  It’s the final 1 1/2 minutes of “ Out on the Tiles”. How could any living human being not wanna groove to this riff?  It’s sexy, swag, bluesy, edgy, the full Monty when it comes to guitar riffs.  Or is this even considered a riff? Instead, would this be considered a guitar solo due to its length? Anyways, it’s the GOAT in my book.

Archived