One Zeppelin track you can't get enough of...

Well, there's at least 20 or 30 that I never tire of...put if you put a gun to my head and force me to pick just one:

"Royal Orleans"

For the following reasons...

1. It's rhythmically exciting...funky, interesting, reminiscent of The Meters. Which is only apropos for a song with Orleans in the title. Bonham's playing is crisp, yet still loose in a slinky way.

2. Page's playing is funky as well...and he doesn't overplay; the solo is clear and concise, with a nice tone. The main riff is funky enough, but later when Jimmy adds the accents, it multiplies the fun-factor of the song.

3. FUN...this song is fun and illustrates the humour of the band, being based on a humourous incident that happened in New Orleans.

4. It is on Led Zeppelin's most underrated and lowest-selling album and never played on the radio, so it has never been overexposed.

C'mon... you cannot choose. I live - breath - and die with Zeppelin tracks ringing in your ears. I want it all, and I want it NOW .. (( oh. ! that's Queen isn't it!? ) . ...... but if you push me......mmm .... (well at the moment anyway) Communication Breakdown. ... but it WILL be another track in the next moment. (Name me a bad one... there isn't one as far as I'm concerned.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived