Celebrity VIPs and empty seats outrage

I think that Paul McCartney should have been thrown out. He was caught smoking pot according to today's Daily Mirror but they let him away with it because it's the 30th anniversary of 'Mull of Kintyre' or something. Regulations are regulations. he should have been hauled out by his hairdye, sent down and given a grilling by representatives from Greenwich Borough Council and then asked to explain himself to The Old Bill. In the meantime, this would have left an additional seat for a Z-list celebrity to get a photo-op.

Actually there's even rumours that Macca didn't even HAVE a ticket. Unconfirmed reports that he and rock-chick Rosanna Arquette offered to carry Jimmy and John-Paul's guitars in to the rehearsal and then hid in the toilets until the main event.

wtf???? macca was smoking in the 02!!!!!!!! this is an outrage!!!!1 i was very privelleged to get tickets in the online ballot. i have had to cut my christmas list down & work all the hours god sends to buy the tickets & pay for hotels etc. i wolud have given my left arm to be able to hav a joint in the gig but for fear of being thrown out i didnt. but that saggy eyed mop top fool gets away with it!!!!!! what a cunt paul mccartney is.

Yeah. And I bet he's already got a CD and DVD of the gig AND tickets for all dates on the tour AND he's going up Jimmy's for a smoke next Tuesday.

wtf???? macca was smoking in the 02!!!!!!!! this is an outrage!!!!1 i was very privelleged to get tickets in the online ballot. i have had to cut my christmas list down & work all the hours god sends to buy the tickets & pay for hotels etc. i wolud have given my left arm to be able to hav a joint in the gig but for fear of being thrown out i didnt. but that saggy eyed mop top fool gets away with it!!!!!! what a cunt paul mccartney is.

Many celebs like Kate Moss, Naomi Campbell...were there just for the publicity. Because it was the cool place to be at the moment...to show off their new designer clothes... <_<

It pisses me off...cuz I bet they didn't need to go through the whole ballot process to get tickets and all...I find it sad that people like them got in and that many true fans like me and many others didn't. To this day I still can't get over the fact that I missed the gig. I cried most of Monday and Tuesday...and just listening to the bootlegs makes me wanna cry. I did everything I could to get a ticket : the ballot of course, radio games, asked friends of mine to enter the ballot, I even looked on ebay if some tickets were at a reasonable price for me (I'm a student and earn no money...) to be able to afford them. When I realized that I just wouldn't attend this historical gig...Lets just say that it really depressed me and that I cried a lot...and knowing that stupid fashionistas like Moss were there just kills me. :(:angry: Life is unfair. I'll never see the mighty Zeppelin.

I may not be a fan of Paris or Naomi etc. but they have every right to be there. Who's to say if they're fans or not. Further to that, who's to say they didn't either pay the ticket price or make a contribution above that?

I agree...no one knows for sure, it just sounds unlikely to me...but then again in my previous post its my jealousy, despair, sadness speaking.

Anyway, I do hope they paid something. It would only be fair.

I don't blame those who are starting to feel cheated here but I have to say it's kind of familiar stuff at the O2. During the Prince concerts, it was felt that the promoters were going against the grain on Prince's idea to do shows in abundance and cheap (£31.21) to let everybody, fans, casual fans and the curious get a look-in. A great idea and a great place to do it in but what happaned was that there were then all kinds of 'Super Package Deals' that SEEMED to promise the best seats and champagne and all of that and these were VERY expensive and some fans thinking all the tickets were gone bought in, were disappointed and then found out that similar seats had gone on sale on the day of the gig for £31.21 again.

In the end, there was a lot of fury around and the whole thing was a bad PR mess and it narrowly missed hitting the media headlines, spoiling the whole trip.

I get the feeling there's another near-miss here although we may well see some enterprising journo seize the topic and ask a few questions about why this historic, massively over-subscribed event ended up with so many seats going spare.

It's gonna be annoying to Zep fans for a little while but I reckon that news of some more dates will probably come in time to get their attention off it.

Gotta bear in mind that a lot of these well-intentioned events fall victim to dodgy deals under the counter...

Goddess, I just hope you are right Michael...

Archived