Gaming and online contests

LedZeppfan77

I really like this Wii system that I bought for my wife for Xmas. We have the sports and the fitness that she uses. I have become pretty good at the tennis.

As for online contests, there is a free one at ESPN called the Streak. Its fun. You pick as many games correct in a row as you can and you can win money. Free to play. I think its late in this current one but another one will start soon. You can only pick one game and once its over you can immediatley chose your next one. Go to ESPN, Fantasy, the green colored game. Some of you sports lovers will like it. It involves everything from basketball, to soccer to tennis to just about any sport.

Back to the Wii. If anyone is an expert at this I wish I knew why I cant get the tennis to be siingles? It appears its only doubles. The basball is fun but not that much control over the ball. The golf is impossible to me. The Bowling is alot of fun. If anyone suggests any other Wii games please let me know. Has anyone ever seen the NHL game?

Back to the Wii. If anyone is an expert at this I wish I knew why I cant get the tennis to be siingles? It appears its only doubles. The basball is fun but not that much control over the ball.

To make a singles game click one player for each side so they turn black and its only 1 real person left per side.

I love the Tennis & Table Tennis.

As far as the Bowling goes I just cannot get the hang of it, if anyone has any tips please share..

I tried and turned the players black except for mine but it still shows doubles. I am going to call the company. As for the bowling, I get strikes easier by poiinting to the right of the middle of the center piin and throwing high and hard and to the right as I have a spin that goes left. But You just have to get the feel of it for yourself. I scored 5 runs in a basball inning last night. only 3 inning game and it has ties and no double plays. Bogus. Didnt they hit a home run on a screwball I threw and made me sweat. I won 5-2.

I just talked to their customer service. This tennis does not have singles. Sucks. The basball is a joke. I have to get more advanced software but am debating whether to go to Game Stop or buy on Wii store?

I tried and turned the players black except for mine but it still shows doubles. I am going to call the company. As for the bowling, I get strikes easier by poiinting to the right of the middle of the center piin and throwing high and hard and to the right as I have a spin that goes left. But You just have to get the feel of it for yourself. I scored 5 runs in a basball inning last night. only 3 inning game and it has ties and no double plays. Bogus. Didnt they hit a home run on a screwball I threw and made me sweat. I won 5-2.

I just talked to their customer service. This tennis does not have singles. Sucks. The basball is a joke. I have to get more advanced software but am debating whether to go to Game Stop or buy on Wii store?

Can't you rent games from a store to see if you like them before you buy them. ?

Do yourself a favour and get an xbox. Wii is for kids and ladies. With xbox, it's full-on shoot-em-up mayhem from dawn to dusk. Splattermania. The most fun you can have with your clothes on. Trust me on this one.

With Wii its actually like I am playing tennis or bowling. Not just pushing buttons. You are an expert at pushing buttons. Im gonna call you the button man.

• 11 months later...

Just took the online Jeopardy test. Afraid to find out how I did. Better than last time I am sure. If anyone is interested I have the link. One more test tomorrow night.

I've been on Facebook for a few years, and I always avoided the games / apps (Farmville, Mafia whatever, etc.)

But their is an exceptional Golf simulator on there now - actually, it's separate from FB, but it's pretty damn fun.

I'm already hooked.

I don't play golf IRL, but I've always liked golf games, so maybe I'll give it a try.

But it has exceptionally detailed graphics, and appears to have very accurate real-life courses.

Anyway, it's called World Golf Tour, and of course it's free.

http://www.wgt.com/home.aspx

I've been on Facebook for a few years, and I always avoided the games / apps (Farmville, Mafia whatever, etc.)

But their is an exceptional Golf simulator on there now - actually, it's separate from FB, but it's pretty damn fun.

I'm already hooked.

I don't play golf IRL, but I've always liked golf games, so maybe I'll give it a try.

But it has exceptionally detailed graphics, and appears to have very accurate real-life courses.

Anyway, it's called World Golf Tour, and of course it's free.

http://www.wgt.com/home.aspx

I have an app for my iPhone called Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 . It has got me through some long hours at work. Very good game and has some great courses. Probably a newer version out now.

Check it out Type O.

Not a big gamer (I have a Wii, but don't play it much). The only game I can play for hours on end is Minecraft (PC).

I haven't had a gaming system in years, but I feel PC just doesn't do it justice for me. I actually have an original Atari in storage. Thinking about selling it......maybe..

I really like this Wii system that I bought for my wife for Xmas. We have the sports and the fitness that she uses. I have become pretty good at the tennis.

As for online contests, there is a free one at ESPN called the Streak. Its fun. You pick as many games correct in a row as you can and you can win money. Free to play. I think its late in this current one but another one will start soon. You can only pick one game and once its over you can immediatley chose your next one. Go to ESPN, Fantasy, the green colored game. Some of you sports lovers will like it. It involves everything from basketball, to soccer to tennis to just about any sport.

Back to the Wii. If anyone is an expert at this I wish I knew why I cant get the tennis to be siingles? It appears its only doubles. The basball is fun but not that much control over the ball. The golf is impossible to me. The Bowling is alot of fun. If anyone suggests any other Wii games please let me know. Has anyone ever seen the NHL game?

Good topic Rick. ;)

Brings out my 'inner gamer'.

Archived