Would anybody like to buy Jimmy Pages old Mercedes?

Hi guys,

First time poster here. Brought up listening to Led Zep and now work as a roadie.

Anyhow, the reason I am here is to see if anyone would be interested in a 1990 Mercedes 300E, first owned by James Patrick Page?

There are some photos here ;

6807292679_fde6618794_b.jpg

Love the photograph of you on Castle Terrace! Maybe one of the highflyers in the building directly behind you would be interested, as that building houses some of the highest earners in Edinburgh. How did you come to own the vehicle? Was it used by Jimmy or his wife at that time? I ask because Jimmy can't drive. How much are you looking for?

It actually belongs to a friend of mine who is currently going through a rather messy divorce. He doesn't currently have easy internet access so has asked me to put it online for him.

I had no idea Jimmy couldn't drive, haha! In that case I can only presume his wife drove it, or he was driven about in it which would make sense given the amazing back seats! To be honest, we don't know how much we are looking for as the car is such a high spec wavers struggling to find any similar ones online in order to make some sort of comparison.

High spec - the car has just about every possible optional extra going :)

There is proof of Jimmy's involvement, although I have none of the paperwork with me so can't check exactly what that proof is. There is also an autograph made out to the previous owner.

Do you think our best bet might just be to stick it on eBay on see what happens?

Well the problem is that those cars aren't worth much anymore and the truth is that is not high spec It's just a regular 300e. Proving that jimmy owned it will be difficult also. There is a UK based Mercedes magazine, that would be your best bet for getting top dollar. I believe the magazine is simply called "mercedes benz"

Quite possibly nothing extra at all, if they are both fully optioned. The difference being in North America all Mercedes came well equipped. You do not see a Benz with roll-up windows and cloth seats. There are some, but for the most part they were imported and not sold here originally. Now if you compare a base model from NA to a base model from the UK you will see a huge difference. That's why the Benz in question here is said to be "high spec". To us it isn't, to them it certainly is.

It's all relative.

Archived