Jakob Dylan

Janvier

Just read on wikipedia that Dylan's son is assembling his band back together for a 2012 release "On January 31, 2012 the band posted on their official Facebook page that they are currently in the studio with the following line-up: Jakob Dylan, Rami Jaffee, Greg Richling, Stuart Mathis, and drummer Jack Irons."

Very excited about this, Jakob has forged his own career in music: pensive lyrics, great voice.

Dylan to appear with Kevn Kinney, February 24th

http://ncmusicfactor...-all-star-band/

Cool but Jakob Dylan won't be appearing at that show, the reference to him is a list of Audley Freed's credentials. I'll be seeing Kevn next week in Chapel Hill. Looking forward to it as it'll be the first time I've seen Audley perform since at least the early 90s when Cry of Love and Dag played at the Attic in Greenville, NC. I've seen the Crowes a number of times over the years but never when Audley was a member of the band.

No offense but :zzz:

In my nightmares I'm stuck at a concert of The Wallflowers, Dave Mathews Band, Counting Crows, and Creed.

I'm with you on the Dave Matthews Band and Crud, I mean er... Creed. I don't own anything by the Wallflowers or Jakob Dylan but I like most of what I've heard from him. Also his Woman + Country album (which included Neko Case and Kelly Hogan) got lots of rave reviews from friends when it came out a couple of years ago. As for Counting Crows, August and Everything After is one of my favorite debut albums ever. I also really liked Recovering the Satellites and their live album Across A Wire: Live In New York City from several years back that combined their appearances on MTV's Live at the 10 Spot and VH1's Storytellers. Aside from that, they pretty much lost me (especially when they ruined Joni's ("Big Yellow Taxi") but I never rule out a comeback. Apparently their next album is an all covers project. In regards to Dave Matthews, I admire the musicianship but musically he rarely seems to tread any new ground and begins to sound all the same after the while. As for Creed, all one needs to do is watch that Behind the Music they did for VH1 several years ago to realize just how pitiful that band (and Scott Stapp) are. That, or just listen to their music.

No offense but :zzz:

In my nightmares I'm stuck at a concert of The Wallflowers, Dave Mathews Band, Counting Crows, and Creed.

None taken, Strider.You know, I'd be offended only if I actually cared about those other bands :)

Jahfin thanks for clarifying this, I thought it was Dylan appearing at the concert, apologies...

Archived