Coverdale Page Japan 1994 Tour

kenog

I found the following on a Facebook group page. There are photographs on the site which I am having difficulty getting put up on here. They are photos of JPP partying, and tickets, and backstage passes.

Source:- Facebook page entitled “I Partied With Jimmy Page and other famous bands”

Carla Lynne Kluss

It was 1994 and my girlfriends took me to the Coverdale/Page Concert at The Osaka Stadium in Japan. It was the second from the last tour date. After meeting the boys that night, we girls went home to our tiny apartments and basked in the fact that YES we had partied with Jimmy F#%*ing Page!

The next day I received A call from Jimmy himself inviting me and my friends to the last show in Nagoya with my very own suite next to his in The Nagoya Hilton.

Carla Lynne Kluss

My girlfriends and I took the Bullet Train to Nagoya and went to the stadium to watch the very last show of the Japan Page Coverdale Tour. Then we went to the Nagoya hilton and were met by Jimmy Page and his attendants who showed us to my room (yes, it was reserved in my name). It was an amazing ensuite next to his. Laura, Emma and myself, the three musketeers, and Jimmy. It was too cool for words. Carla Lynne Kluss

This was scanned from a wall picture I had made to honor meeting Jimmy in Japan, complete with backstage pass.

Carla Lynne Kluss

After we dropped our things in the room, we went back to Jimmy's and we had a few drinks and laughs. He had roomservice bring up a large cardboard box full of mix and alcohol to make the drinks he had remembered us drinking the night before. Let me tell you he got it right. There was Gin and Tonic, Peach Schnapps, Vodka, orange juice, rum and coke and Jagermeister, all in the biggest bottles he could find. Smiles all around. He had remembered perfectly. He was quite the gentleman too. He would have nothing to do with us making any drinks and proceeded to make them all. After a short while he sat in his chair in the corner of the room with his humidifier/mister going on behind his head and asked us if we wanted to hear some music. We said okay and he put on a private cassete of him and David Coverdale jamming some songs that hadn't yet been recorded. He was so cute because he was worried that it wasn't music we would've liked.

Lara L. Bolton we had so much fun, both nights!!! Thank you Jimmy, I'll never forget when he called the next day and asked us to come to Nagoya, couldn't believe he was calling me, what a great Birthday

Carla Lynne Kluss Without Lara, this ticket wouldn't have been possible. She went to the show the first night, met the sound engineer and scored tickets for the following night. Way to work that one, girl. What a great time we had.

Lara L. Bolton Geesh I remember getting home after some late night partying with Jimmy Page only to discover that my place had been robbed, at that exact moment Jimmy called (I leaned over to my girlfriend Emma and said 'its Jimmy Flipping Page on my phone) me and asked if I would like to come to Nagoya with a few friends...did I???? YES - we went and continued the blast for days!!! to be 23 again...lol

Lisa Poulson Ok one story In the 80's i was at club soda and i was working at a local recording studio and jimmy page walked up to me and said in his british accent "i'd really like to take you out to supper" to which i replyed " well have your studio call my studio" and then walked away. Just then this girl ran up to me and she had overheard the conversation she said "omg that was jimmy page you just turned down" to which i said look at him he looks like a california raisin, which he did, You gotta remember I was very young then to 23 or 24 years old. I did later in fact take him to see darby play at 86 street club late that month

I'd really like to see the photos but they don't seem to appear here.

She references two Japan gigs, Castle Hall in Osaka on Dec 21 1993 and Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium in Nagoya on Dec 22, 1993.

Jimmy & David recorded at Little Mountain Sound from Oct-Dec 1991, and the 86 St. Music Hall was located at 750 Pacific Boulevard in Vancouver. He jammed there with Long John Baldry on Dec 7 1991. I'm looking into confirmation of when Derby performed there.

She references two Japan gigs, Castle Hall in Osaka on Dec 21 1993 and Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium in Nagoya on Dec 22, 1993.

Jimmy & David recorded at Little Mountain Sound from Oct-Dec 1991, and the 86 St. Music Hall was located at 750 Pacific Boulevard in Vancouver. He jammed there with Long John Baldry on Dec 7 1991. I'm looking into confirmation of when Derby performed there.

SAJ,

Sorry about not attaching the photos in the first posting - I had a feeling you would be interested. I was using an internet cafe last night, and the computer was acting up very badly.

post-14347-0-88214700-1329566684.jpg

post-14347-0-63788000-1329566695.jpg

post-14347-0-85911200-1329566714.jpg

post-14347-0-98836900-1329566728.jpg

• 1 year later...

Every once in a while, I find myself in a mood for a little Coverdale/Page...don't ask me why.

"Take Me for a Little While" was one of the songs from the Coverdale/Page album that I liked, and browsing through YouTube just now I happened upon this performance clip from the Nagoya, Japan concert on December 22, 1993. I know people piss on the Coverdale/Page project, but I actually preferred that album to the "Outrider" one, and consider the lack of a U.S. tour by Coverdale/Page one of the disappointments of my young life. A lost opportunity in my book. Sad.

Anyway, at least they did play SAJ's stomping grounds of Japan and we have a little taste of what we missed. Hey Steve...did you go to any of these Coverdale/Page shows?

Here it is..."Take Me for a Little While" @ Nagoya, Japan, 12/22/93:

This clip shows the limitations of the Coverdale/Page band...Coverdale's sometimes annoying vocals and stage patter and the boneheaded drumming of...well, I don't know who the drummer was on this tour. But it sure ain't Bonzo or even Michael Lee. All you have to do is compare this "Shake My Tree" with the Page/Plant versions to see the difference.

Ahhh yes...Club Soda....that nightclub is long gone...as is 86 Street. Steve ..I am quite sure the " Darby" she refers to is a vocalist named Darby Mills who was in a local band called The Headpins. Either she played there solo or with the Headpins,

Ahhh yes...Club Soda....that nightclub is long gone...as is 86 Street. Steve ..I am quite sure the " Darby" she refers to is a vocalist named Darby Mills who was in a local band called The Headpins. Either she played there solo or with the Headpins,

Thank you very much. This should make confirmation of the date much easier now.

This clip shows the limitations of the Coverdale/Page band...Coverdale's sometimes annoying vocals and stage patter and the boneheaded drumming of...well, I don't know who the drummer was on this tour. But it sure ain't Bonzo or even Michael Lee. All you have to do is compare this "Shake My Tree" with the Page/Plant versions to see the difference.

That's Denny Carmassi. Great drummer, but the rhythm section during that Theremin part is rather annoying.

His snare is very "boxey" sounding on the album too.

I've also been playing the album recently. Coverdale is amazing in spots and drives me up the wall in others.

Jimmy is in top form throughout...

• 3 months later...

Well, what a nice surpise to see this post albeit 2 years later.... I decided to Google my name and found this link to your forum. I do believe these are the pics that Kenog, a member of this forum was talking about :)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152045819288536&type=1&l=b80acbb332

Were the pictures originally posted taken in Glenn's bar in Minami,,? Oh and welcome to the forum. :D

Archived