Forgotten Classics

Jahfin

The Stroll - The Diamonds

According to Link Wray his band was asked to play this song at a gig but he didn't really know the song so he just improvised an instramental song which became "Rumble". Later people like Jimmy Page and Pete Townshend heard Wray's "Rumble" and the rest is rock and roll history.

As usual, one thing happens and then another thing jumps off from that.

I don't think "Leader of the Pack" really qualifies as "forgotten". Not only was it a #1 song but it's also often heralded as a milestone of the girl group era. This thread is more about songs that have slipped through the cracks over the years or were never all that well known to start with. "Leader of the Pack" doesn't fit the description at all.

Humble Pie on the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1973:

http://youtu.be/3tcAO0CON18

How bout it is a classic and kids today have no idea about the song, so it has been forgotten. thats where i was comming from, not old songs that were not to known to start with anyway, but A few like it so that qualifies it. and not mine. ok And for the record rumble hit 16 on the charts but that dont count right.

well by them standards here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54H3EUAzpVg

Dude. All the qdr talk made me have like a flashback and Mississippi Queen was just part of the soundtrack. I get what you are typing. Planet Caravan instead of Iron Man etc. I just prematurely posted is all. It happens sometimes if I go too long between postings.

I once got in an email argument with some lady at WRDU when I had repeatedly tried to get them to play Candy Store Rock on "Short Order Lunch" just because every other LZ request was Black Dog this and Whole Lotta Love that and I wanted to see if they would actually play a "deep cut" from LZ and they never would. She referred to it as some "Obscure, weird song that nobody but me wanted to hear" :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived