Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
HeyHeyWhatCanIDo

Favorite Breakup/Relationship Drama Song

Favorite Breakup/Relationship Drama Song  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite?

• Good Times Bad Times
    • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
    • Your Time Is Gonna Come
    • Heartbreaker
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • Tangerine
    • Hey Hey What Can I Do
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Black Country Woman
    • Other (Specify Below)

I didn't see a poll for this so I thought it would be good to start one. My favorite is "Hey Hey What Can I Do" with "Your Time Is Gonna Come" as an incredibly close second.

If Led Zeppelin had written "Idiot Wind", it would be the front-runner in this poll. Easily the most vitriolic, bitter breakup song ever written. Perhaps tied with "Why'd You Do It?" by Marianne Faithfull.

It's too late to change the title, but what I meant was Favorite Zeppelin Breakup Song, not in general. I thought that would be obvious from the options.

If Led Zeppelin had written "Idiot Wind", it would be the front-runner in this poll. Easily the most vitriolic, bitter breakup song ever written. Perhaps tied with "Why'd You Do It?" by Marianne Faithfull.

This ^^^

It's too late to change the title, but what I meant was Favorite Zeppelin Breakup Song, not in general. I thought that would be obvious from the options.

Yeah, I got that....but given that Zeppelin doesn't really have any clear-cut breakup songs, I guess the closest would be Good Times Bad Times or Tangerine. No harm meant to your thread!

Edited by S. Flavius Mercurius

Rock And Roll

I'm pretty sure Your Time Is Gonna Come is a very clear breakup song, "Lyin, cheating, hurting, that's all you seem to do. Messing around with every guy in town, putting me down for thinking of someone new." I don't know what else they would've been singing about.

Your Time Is Gonna Come gets my vote, but it's too bad Led Zeppelin never covered Escape (If You Like Pina Coladas) by Rupert Holmes:

Since I'veBeen Loving You but Dazed and Confused is missing, "I wanted a woman never bargined for you..." :D

Your Time Is Gonna Come gets my vote, but it's too bad Led Zeppelin never covered Escape (If You Like Pina Coladas) by Rupert Holmes:

Please tell me this is your sense of humour.. you ARE being ironic, yes?

I would question all I believe about Led Zeppelin if they went anywhere near that song !